#124 [url]

Dec 21 14 11:45 PM

I did make scalloped potatoes and ham yesterday; but, I ate on paper on 10pm, on my bed, and it was dark. Mostly it is just leftovers and easy this week. Too much going on

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#125 [url]

Dec 26 14 8:03 PM

No Xmas dinner pics; my son would of killed me, if I tried.
But, this was yesterday's leftover + some.
My homemade smoked fish dip, smoked salmon, 3 cheeses (havarti dill, pepperjack, and a smoky cheddar), crackers of course; a small lobster tail, steamed shrimp w/spicy cocktail sauce. And, a good cab. Easy dinner.

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Dec 27 14 9:47 PM

Kim those leftovers look delicious to me and like wonderful way to sit and enjoy an afternoon.

I went up to see the folks and dad is doing soooo much better (what a blessing he was this year), so no photos but I made a no bake white chocolate peppermint cheese cake in small individual mason jars. The mason jars made for easy transport and all I had to do at serving time was garnish with a piece of peppermint stick and an after dinner mint.  

Will be cooking today image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Dec 28 14 1:37 AM

Deb, so glad to hear about your Dad. Good news; and, a good Xmas present.
Thx, dinner was easy; just graze Last night was back to a turkey type of dinner; pic to come. Camera bat charging.. It died on the last pic; and forgot to charge, lol.

Tonight is out, so no pics. good news on Dad, Glad it was a nice Xmas!! Get ready for news years.

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Dec 28 14 3:47 AM

Sigh, Mr Grumpy is being picky about food, did not eat what he requested I make for him.... I ate leftovers from Christmas - chicken piccata and vegetable lasagna, both of which were delicious.

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Dec 28 14 5:32 AM

Had today off so we ate big enjoying Panettone egg casserole, ham steak and sliced apple for breakfast.
Than dinner this evening was a Philly stuffed pepper (slice of provolen cheese topped with sauted onions, mushrooms, thin sliced beef and another slice of provolen cheese then baked) and a little pickled cauliflower salad on the side.

Quote    Reply   

#131 [url]

Dec 28 14 9:53 PM

Deb, love that pepper, sounds wonderful, and a great pic too. But, your breakfast is fantastic. I love a casserole like that. Delicious!

This was my dinner Fri night. Nothing better than Thanksgiving leftovers from the freezer. Heated the turkey up in gravy; added mashed spuds, dressing; and presto. Tomatoes on side fresh picked. image

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

Dec 29 14 8:40 AM

Tonight we had enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash. The wpaghetti squash was filled with shredded chicken, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce and topped off with a little cheese.

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

Dec 30 14 8:00 AM

Spaghetti Squash is one of my DH’s favorite veggies so I am always on the lookout for new and tasty ways to make it without adding to much fat or calories.

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

Dec 30 14 6:55 PM

This is really good. https://lbdv.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/balsamic-brie-and-arugula-spaghetti-squash-with-poached-eggs/
I did add a bit more seasoning to the squash; and, I added some shallots to the salad. Rather than brie I used fontina.

This was the first version I tried, also really good. https://fcubedblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/deconstructed-spaghetti-squash-carbonara-paleo/

My friend sent me this last month ... trying to get me to eat more curry. She loves it; I have not tried it, but she clames it is delicious.

Quote    Reply   

#137 [url]

Dec 30 14 7:01 PM

After quite a while of perfecting my spanish rub, I finally got one I really liked. This was my Spanish grilled chicken thighs. I rubbed them, marinated all day; then a simple grill.
On the side, spanish rice; and a simple salad (still garden lettuce), with red onion; and, a lemon vinaigrette. I had one to use up (basic recipe, olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, shallot, and ... I added a couple of green olives and pureed). It was so good, I am doing that again.
Great to serve with creamy corn; but, I needed to use up my lettuce first.

And leftover chicken and rice I used to make burritos yesterday. I found the chicken and rice hiding in the freezer; figured I might as well make something. I know Spanish/Mexican, but similar flavors. Added chicken, rice, and cheese to one; another chicken, beans, corn, salsa, and cheese; and, the last 2 - rice and beans w/cheese. Wrapped them all up in parchment, then foil; and, into the freezer. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. image

Quote    Reply   

#138 [url]

Dec 30 14 7:38 PM

This is also another really good recipe. http://www.kitchentreaty.com/white-pizza-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/
I have made this twice. One time, I added some spinach; another time, I added some diced grape tomatoes. Really good and easy.
It has a few bread crumbs on top; but, very few
I never posted it myself; but, it is one of have made for the ladies I cook for, and they loved it. It's meat free too; but, you could always add some chicken sausage if you wanted.

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

Dec 31 14 7:16 AM

Oh Kim that first photo of the balsamic brie and arugula spaghetti squash with the poached egg looks so sunny and perky (love the colors and textures).

I was just reading a recipe for Spaghetti squash carbonara and your photo makes it look amazing, I love the running yolk.

Think DH would really like that white pizza spaghetti squash.

So happy you got your dry rub correct, it looks very juicy and tasty.

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Dec 31 14 7:19 AM

I haven't made too many ss recipes. But, the first 2 are good; and the last my gf swears by. But, they can really be altered your tastes too which are nice.
Thx, the chicken turned out good. Nothing fancy; just good grillin!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help