#44 [url]

Nov 19 14 7:01 PM

Leftover meatloaf ... into a quesadilla. Sauteed a couple of mushrooms, onions; and presto. Added provolone, and a perfect quesadilla. Potato soup was from my freezer stash. Easy dinner for a cold night.
Finished it off with my Cranberry spiced cider w/bourbon of course. Jacuzzi, and cuddling by the fireplace with my kitties.image

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Nov 20 14 7:04 AM

Kim that quesadilla sounds as wonderful as it looks and trust me it looks fantastic!  

Your evening with the fire, cats and a drink sounds lovely to me the only thing I would add is a good book. image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Last Edited By: Debbwl Nov 20 14 7:10 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 20 14 6:56 PM

Deb, that is truly comfort food. I love cabbage; so, that to me sounds so good on a cold night.

A book ... I wish I was a reader; but never have. Maybe a magazine. I know terrible. I don't relax enough to read, lol. But, the night was nice.
I bought my first bottle of egg nog yesterday. Between that (w/some bourbon), the fire, kitties, and jacuzzi - not necessarily in that order; it was a nice night.

I got some of my Tday prep done yesterday. The stuffing; 3 small tins ready to bake; my gravy, 2 mason jars; 2 containers of dark turkey meat; 4 ziploc baggies of turkey stock; and my pumpkin ice cream. I take 1 gallon of good vanilla ice cream, add 2 pumpkin tarts (cut up), pumpkin spice, and either pecans or walnuts. Refreeze the ice cream. Serve with warm caramel sauce - Seriously delicious.
Today is homemade butter; and, cranberry sauce.
All in the freezer, ready to use.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Nov 20 14 7:03 PM

Last night was salmon on the grill.
It was simply brushed with lemon butter, and lemon seasoning. Grilled and topped with Greek yogurt, mixed with shallot, garlic, parsley, dill, oregano, and lemon.
On the side, greens, onion, and cucumber from the garden and a Greek vinaigrette.
Tomatoes, stuffed with a 'stuffing mix, ie., stove top' and Feta cheese. Just grilled.

I keep a canister of the Stove Top in my pantry. It is a great pre-seasoned bread crumb mix; that, I can just use a bit when needed. Add a little to a cup with broth or water, warm up; then, toss in the Feta and stuff. Perfect in tomatoes.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Nov 21 14 8:10 AM

Yay Kim for getting a head start on Thanksgiving!image 

I love egg nog it just gets you in that holiday mood.

I have three Thanksgiving dinners in the next week and a half, am going to need elastic wasted pants before the holiday season is over lol.

DH loves salmon and yours always looks so good to me but I just cannot get past the smell and feel of fresh fish.  But those tomatoes I could way go for.

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Nov 21 14 8:14 AM

Dinner looked more like lunch tonight. Made tuna sandwich with a side of Wasabi Snapea Crisps, which are a baked green pea crisps and are very addicting.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Nov 21 14 8:51 PM

Deb, I don't eat lunch very often; but, I do love a good sandwich for dinner. Looks good to me; and, I have had those snap pea things. They are addictive. I can't remember the flavor I had, but they are tasty.

Last night, I took my leftover chicken has from the other night, and put it in an omelette. Added a little cheese; and dinner. Easy peasy.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Nov 22 14 7:27 AM

Kim love the color on your omelet and had never thought to add chicken but it sounds tasty.

CS I have to agree with Kim you dinners are always very tempting.

No dinner for me tonight as I had lunch out and it did not sit well.
Tomorrow is the first of my Thanksgiving  dinners, I am in charge of the salad.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Nov 23 14 8:39 AM

My job was to bring the salad for our dinner tonight, got a quick photo before we left.
The salad was mixed baby greens with gorgonzola, pomegranate seeds and pecans. The dressing was olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate juice, honey and shallot.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Nov 23 14 9:59 AM

A new recipe http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/gingered-yellow-split-pea-and-sweet-potato-soup-16072. Very easy soup to prepare.
Sauteed onions, celery, a little red pepper, sweet potatoes/yams, garlic, fresh ginger, in a little butter. Add broth and split yellow peas. Cook 1 hour.
Finish with pepitas and creme fraische, Greek yogurt, or sour cream - I used yogurt. The hardest part was peeling the sweet potatoes, lol. Really nice soup.

On the side, a baguette with fresh mozz and pesto.

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Nov 24 14 8:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help