#23 [url]

Nov 15 14 9:17 PM

Debbwl wrote:
I used to soak my chicken in buttermilk before battering back in the days when I made deep fried chicken, but your grilled buttermilk honey Dijon chicken looks and sounds just as yummy and much healthier. I might be a western girl but your dinner makes me think I am a southerner image

Deb, I do love fried chicken; and love it soaked in buttermilk too. I do the grill, one ... because I hate to fry; and two, because I love the grill to cook. Also, it does help it is much healthier. Sometimes I do leave the breasts on; but, usually remove it. Try to be healthy, lol.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 16 14 9:09 AM

Dinner with a friend ... my cabbage soup (sorry RecipeZazz is down right now), the recipe is on there. Tomato bruschetta and small baguette dippers.
The bruschetta is tomato, fresh garlic, parsley, basil, shallot, olive oil, red wine vinegar.
For my friend, it is is favorite soup; and, I did add some fresh mozz for his bruschetta, he likes cheese, image

An easy dinner. I also made Black Bean Brownies; and photobucket refuses to upload my pics. I took 5 great pics, yet, it is uncooperative.
Deb, talk to them for me, image

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Nov 16 14 10:42 PM

Kim that cabbage soup looks delicious and I am always impressed with how many cabbage soup recipes there. Funny Bok Choy is a member of the cabbage family and we had Bok Choy soup last night.

I wish I could fix photobucket as it is giving me problems as well.image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 16 14 10:51 PM

Last night we had a nice healthy homemade Asian dinner of Bok Choy soup and Cauliflower fried rice. The soup was a basic chicken stock with bok choy, onion, garlic, ginger, and just a little carrot for color; I added soy sauce and Sriracha sauce to mine as I like flavor but did not add it to the pot as DH likes his plain. And the Cauliflower fried rice is made by using graded cauliflower place of rice, other than that it is just basic fried rice recipe.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Nov 17 14 9:46 PM

Oh, I love that rice, aka cauliflower recipe. That looks so good. And the soup looks wonderful as well. I realize bok choy is part of the same family as cauliflower, and similar greens; but, I always think Asian. I was afraid to put it in the stir fry; but, really liked it.

We all have crazy mixed up recipes, don't we. BTW, love the red dishes; makes for a nice pic!

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 17 14 9:51 PM

These are my mini meatloafs. Make your favorite recipe and put in disposable aluminum tins. You can bake, freeze; then, thaw and reheat. Great for a 1 person dinner, a little left for a sandwich. I make 3-4 at a time - Love them.

The noodles, lol - I inherited some packages of Lipton Noodles; and, I wasn't going to throw them out. So, fix them up a bit. I added wine and fresh herbs to this butter herb noodle. It was OK.
Not the best pic; but, it tasted good. And, the salad ... all from my garden.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Nov 18 14 6:17 AM

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/scallop-shrimp-and-crab-stuffed-clam-shells-1338. This one had more fish (tilapia) vs scallops and shrimp, more crab; but, every time I make these, every one is different.
On the side lemon sauteed green beans (lemon pepper, and fresh lemon); and a simple salad from my garden - thousand island dressing.  Bottled sorry, I cheated ... something easy!

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Nov 18 14 7:18 AM

Kim those little meatloaves look great and nothing wrong using packaged noodles once and they make a good base for quick comforted food dinners.

Oh and those stuffed shells wow oh wow you could sell those and make more than a pretty penny.

CS the color on that acorn squash is so pretty and don’t laugh at me but I am drooling more over your fries than that nice looking steak.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Nov 18 14 7:25 AM

Sunday I roasted a butternut squash and then mixed the squash vegetarian chorizo, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic some tomato sauce.  Tonight when I got home re-stuffed the shell with the mixture I made yesterday, topped with some cheese and put under the broiler. As you can tell by the dark edges I got distracted and almost over cooked it.    image

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Nov 18 14 5:52 PM

You didn't over cook it at all. That looks absolutely delicious. That is good crunchy flavor on top. I love the idea of mixing it with the sausage. I could definitely dig into that!

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 18 14 9:47 PM

Kim,
I think your stuffed shell dinner looks just so good.
And not a single thing wrong with using a bottled
dressing.image

Deb,
I don't think you over cooked that stuffed squash @ all.
As a matter of fact, the " crunchy " bits around the
edges are my favorite parts.image

Diana,
 One of my weaknesses is fresh breads and I want that
bread A.S.A.P. Great looking loaf.image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help