Lead

Nov 11 14 7:42 AM

Tags : :

We would love to see what you had for dinner, so before you take that bite take a shot.
We are not ready for a photo forum just yet but would love to see what you have made.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Last Edited By: Debbwl Nov 12 14 7:42 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Nov 11 14 12:04 PM

Nothing gourmet here ... but now and then; it is nice to have a salad.
My first iceberg head from the garden, mixed with red leaf. Onion, green olives, celery, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, fresh basil, smoked chicken (freezer stash), cheddar cheese; and, homemade ranch dressing.
It was sort of CORN night (salad version). I did have a whole wheat roll - made last week, with honey butter.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 12 14 7:22 AM

Kim your salad looks like a winner to me.

The wan ton soup was really good the place he buys it from has a great chicken based broth with just the right amount of onion and ginger in it and tons of pork wontons surrounded by lots of baby Bok Choy and just a little carrot for color.

Think I could live on soup, salads and sandwiches lol.  

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 12 14 7:40 AM

Pertty sure the issue is Yuku as my photos in Critter Corner are having issues too.

In this forum they double post and in the Critter Corner they only show a link and no photo image

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 12 14 11:08 AM

Debbwl wrote:
Kim your salad looks like a winner to me.

The wan ton soup was really good the place he buys it from has a great chicken based broth with just the right amount of onion and ginger in it and tons of pork wontons surrounded by lots of baby Bok Choy and just a little carrot for color.

Think I could live on soup, salads and sandwiches lol.  

I'm with you. Love soup, salad, sammies!! Definitely my fave meals. I love fancy gourmet; but nothing beats sop and a sandwich.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 12 14 8:49 PM

A bit southern tonight ...
http://www.recipezazz.com/…/buttermilk-honey-dijon-grilled-…, using chicken bone in skin on thighs; http://www.foodnetwork.com/…/san…/collard-greens-recipe.html; and, http://www.recipezazz.com/…/three-3-ingredient-creamed-corn…, and I added jalapenos to the corn
After I grilled the chicken, I did take the skin off ... healthier; but, the skin helps keep it moist during cooking.image

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 13 14 7:48 AM

I used to soak my chicken in buttermilk before battering back in the days when I made deep fried chicken, but your grilled buttermilk honey Dijon chicken looks and sounds just as yummy and much healthier. I might be a western girl but your dinner makes me think I am a southerner image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 14 14 3:42 AM

I think that is a good bet. I made a loaf of bread in the ABM this am; and, cornbread as well. I made some for one of the ladies I cook for, to go with chili. So, I made a small amount for me. Both of my breads in the freezer. I like a mix of both.

And, your chili looks delicious!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 14 14 3:44 AM

I went ultra simple last night. I used some of my leftover stew meat; add some onions, mushrooms, for a quick sandwich. Topped with swiss, and a mustard BBQ sauce. Really simple. Fries w/garlic aioli; fruit.
Really quick.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 14 14 3:53 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
I went ultra simple last night. I used some of my leftover stew meat; add some onions, mushrooms, for a quick sandwich. Topped with swiss, and a mustard BBQ sauce. Really simple. Fries w/garlic aioli; fruit.
Really quick.

Kim,
That looks so yumalicious. I certainly wouldn't mind having
that for my dinner.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 14 14 6:56 AM

CS that corn bread looks wonderful and love it with chili yum!

Oh Kim sandwich looks out of this world yummy.

One of the girls I work with makes and sells tamales so that was our dinner tonight no photos as I am tired and not willing to fight with posting issue tonight.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 15 14 11:45 AM

This was a clean out the fridge hash.
Smoked chicken, potatoes, onions, mixed colored peppers, jalapenos, celery, bok choy, a few tomatoes, herbs, and a little chicken broth. Simply pan sauteed in a little oil till done.image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help