#102 [url]

Nov 6 14 6:54 AM

Sorry the photo is kind of blurry.

It was dinner for one and I was channeling CS and stuffed half a grilled acorn squash with some leftover pumpking meat loaf and topped with a bit of BBQ sauce.

photo DSC00257-1_zps5cf65e0b.jpg

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Nov 6 14 9:08 AM

Still looks good to me; my pics are usually blurry anyways ... lol.
Looks delicious as well.
And, thx; yes, the mushrooms stuffing is good in pork chops, chicken; zucchini, eggplant, etc. Very versatile.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Nov 6 14 9:11 AM

A very quick dinner - simple and easy.
Salmon, seasoned with s/p; then glaze with a equal mix of stone ground mustard, balsamic, and honey - grilled.
Vermicelli, tossed with basil pesto and cream.
Fresh garden greens, sweet onion, tomatoes; and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Nov 7 14 7:16 AM

Kim that salmon dinner looks wonderful and really like how well the pesto cream sauce shows on the pasta.

Diner that grilled dinner looks so enchanting that all I can do is drool.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#108 [url]

Nov 7 14 6:49 PM

This was something Mom would make for us all the time. A casserole using - http://www.recipezazz.com/…/moms-creamed-turkey-over-savory…, but; put in individual casserole dishes over wild rice, and spears of asparagus. Topped with almonds and baked.
I happen to use my smoked chicken (freezer stash). It turned out so good.The creamed turkey is a simple mix of butter, turkey, flour, milk, sherry wine, parsley, s/p.

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Nov 7 14 6:53 PM

These are basic pot pies; but, great for my freezer. I used my leftover brisket; as well as mixed veggies, potatoes, wine, broth, herbs, etc.
You can tell; I hate to bake, so no fancy edge on the crust. Just a one crust too. Freeze, and they are ready to bake when needed.

Quote    Reply   

#113 [url]

Nov 8 14 9:32 AM

Deb, that salad looks amazing. I love all those ingredients. What a great looking dinner. I would be very happy with that!. I am a big fan of salad for dinner. Some bread on the side; and, I'm good.
Delicious!!!

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Nov 8 14 9:33 AM

Deb, that is about the fanciest you will ever see from me. I'm so bad with baking ... I know how, I just hate too. So, I'm impatient. But, it all tastes the same right. I just have no patience for PRETTY!

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Nov 9 14 1:55 AM

love all the great pictures and meals... we just had Chilli con carne on a bed of rice with tossed salad as I was out for most of the day - great to be able to come home and heat it up!

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Nov 9 14 2:07 AM

Joyful, sounds good. That is exactly why I make my pies. Open freezer, remove pie, put in oven and bake. Yep, easy stuff like that is a saving grace at times. I always have soup too in the freezer; you can just nuke it in a few minutes.
Cold weather, or cooler for FL coming our way ... chili would be nice to make.

Quote    Reply   

#117 [url]

Nov 9 14 4:06 AM

Hi Everyone! This is my 1st time here for "Show & Tell", so here's our dinner from tonite & it's game time. It's more unique than it appears at 1st glance. It's Siggi's vision of Icelandic "Bread, Meat & Potatoes". The caramelized onion & bell pepper was added by me for me. The potato is a half of a baked potato, buttered & generously sprinkled w/lemon pepper. The bread is a mini herbed Naan bread that comes pre-made in a bag. The meat is what's unique & you get hints. It's not Icelandic & it's not beef. It was grilled to perfection on our patio balcony after being marinated in Montreal Steak Seasoning, olive oil & soy sauce (marinade recipe on the MSS label).

Can anyone guess what the meat is? ... Kangarooimage

Edited to Add Clue History:
... It's not Icelandic & not beef.
... It's not Icelandic, so it's not horse meat or whale meat (Both very good btw)
... It's not beef, but it's as good or better than any beef I've ever eaten & I'm from Dallas where beef is renown.
... It's not from the No American or European continent.
... The animal is a marsupial & I still cannot imagine how it got imported to Iceland when so many more ordinary things cannot be found here.
... You've been looking at the answer each time you looked at this page. (No more clues) ... Kangaroo
... Wait! There is 1 more clue. Use your cursor & let your mouse be your guide. The answer is not MOUSE btw. Yuck!

Last Edited By: twissis Nov 9 14 5:26 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Nov 9 14 7:42 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
OK, Kangaroo; NO ... I have no clue; but, your plate looks delicious!!!

Kangaroo is right! The most telling clue was the last as you might expect.

Remember this line? - "Can anyone guess what the meat is?" So put your cursor at the start of that line, left click & go all the way to the picture. See anything you didn't see before ???

Remember this line? - "You've been looking at the answer each time you looked at this page. (No more clues)" Repeat the action w/your cursor. Voila!

Last Edited By: twissis Nov 9 14 7:53 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Nov 9 14 9:29 AM

Actually I had it recently, and marsupial gave it away for me. But, your dish looked delicious!! Perfectly cooked too; I know it is very lean. Looked great!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help