#81 [url]

Oct 31 14 5:02 PM

A pretty bad pic, but it tasted good. I normally use a bigger pan, and scoop it out; but, I made 2 tonight (1 for me, and 1 for a friend), so smaller pans. I flipped the one piece over so you could see the filling. It had corn, carrots, peas, lima beans, potatoes, beef, onions, cheddar cheese; and the herb crust.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Oct 31 14 6:27 PM

thx Deb, you are right. Taste wins over pretty, lol.
Those sandwiches look fantastic. What a perfect halloween snack or lunch/dinner. Love them! I bet you could take some orange food color and make an egg wash. I love halloween.

Quote    Reply   

#91 [url]

Nov 3 14 1:41 PM

kchurchill5 wrote:

Joyfulcook wrote:
Enjoyed a raclette this evening - its always fun to do tabletop cooking

SwissRaclette

Oh does that look so good! I have not cooked that way; but, it looks so good.

Kim, its great, its easy and its fun with friends as well!

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Nov 3 14 10:02 PM

A busy day yesterday.
Madce a brisket, served with a spicy apple bourbon BBQ sauce; jalapeno parmesan corn; and classic slaw. Then, homemade applesauce (not too sweet, and NO cinnamon); and, a creamy healthier potato soup

Smoked brisket w/apple cider beer mop; about 9 hrs total. Turned out great - lots of leftovers. A bit of work; but worth it.

The soup is really easy. Simply boil potatoes, carrots, and onion in broth. DON'T chop, just cut in half or a few pieces.  Puree with an immersion blender. Add salt, pepper, fresha herbs; and a little milk or cream. Done.

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Nov 4 14 7:55 AM

Joy what a great photo and how cool to do a tabletop dinner.

Kim not sure which has me drooling more the brisket with that delicious sounding sauce or that very flavorful looking corn. Oh my that potato soup looks so inviting, like you I love using my immersion blender to partly cream soups.

We have eaten out the last two nights but have a baked sweet potato in the refrigerator that I am hoping to use for breakfast if I get up early enough otherwise I am thinking I might stuff it with some chili.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#97 [url]

Nov 5 14 7:45 AM

When ever I fire the oven up I like to cook an extra yam because it can be used in so many ways. Today I stuffed my left over pre-baked yam with chili which was also pre-made making dinner very quick and easy.

P.S. Really good with Pepper Jack cheese but tonight I was watching my fat intake.

photo DSC00251-1_zps91fd1fcc.jpg

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Nov 5 14 8:07 PM

These are so easy to make; and come out perfect every time.
Diced onions, garlic in heavy cream; until slightly reduced. Add thawed chopped spinach, canned diced potatoes, a little parm, and deli ham (diced).
Stuff the mushroom; and bake until tender. Top with an egg.
They are easy and really filling.

They also make a nice brunch dish as well.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help