#23 [url]

Oct 18 14 7:33 AM

Kim that salsa verde with the black beans yum……image 

CS your salmon cake has a perfect gold crisp look, just lovely.image 

Kitty to get notices you can either click on the subscribe envelope at the top of this thread or next time you post to this thread click the box that says subscribe to this topic and the click post.image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 18 14 8:10 PM

Debb, the salsa verde  with beans, is quick and easy. I made my own; but, there are a few good store brands too.
It also makes a good filling for a quesadilla. Top with cheese, grill; then, serve with sour cream, cilantro, lime, and tomatoes. Makes for a CHEAP, easy dinner.

Last night http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/very-italian-meatloaf-14639
It has pesto and marinara sauce for the topping; Parm, marinara, and pesto are both in the meat mix too. It's a nice change from classic meatloaf.
Acorn squash, baked, w/maple syrup & butter; horseradish mashed spuds.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Oct 18 14 8:42 PM

Chef shapeweaver wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:
We're having a little bit of a strange combination, but delicious none the less:

http://www.food.com/recipe/lebanese-style-tabouli-476294
baked sweet potatoes
baked chicken

Hi Nancy,
This sounds really good. Please come back here and post your photos .image
This newly started thread hasn't gotten much traffic yet. So if
you would like more people to see what you're having for dinner,
please post in this thread.

http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/851/Whats-Your-DINNER-From-1012-to-1018#.VEA6YxbGQ_w
Thanks a bunch. And can't wait to see your photos. image

Well, I guess I was asleep at the wheel when I posted this -- I meant to add this to the other one.  Oops! image

I do need to start trying to take pics again so I'll come back when I have some.  You ladies have some wonderful mouth-watering photos.

Great job everyone! : )

Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry Oct 18 14 8:47 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Oct 19 14 5:53 PM

Kim mixing pesto into the meat loaf sounds wonderful and your acorn squash has me wanting one, just have not had time to make a stuffed acorn yet this year.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 21 14 7:22 PM

Two nights worth. My seafood stuffed clam shell; creamy cucumber, onion, and dill salad; corn on the cob with jalapeno butter.

Turkey apple sage sausages, grilled honey orange acorn squash, apple sauce; and, a mixed green salad w/red onion, bacon, and a warm mustard balsamic vinaigrette.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Oct 22 14 5:55 AM

Kim you could sell that seafood stuffed crab in a restaurant.
 Is the applesauce homemade?  It has a wonderful thick chunky look.
 And all I can say about the salad is it is green leafy love.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Oct 22 14 3:26 PM

Deb, I got the idea from Publix. They sell them in the seafood counter. But, theirs has less seafood, and mostly all bread. So, I decided to make my own version. A mix of crab, shrimp, and lobster, or clams, or scallops; depends what is on sale. I added sauteed celery, onions, pimentos; Old Bay, fresh bread crumbs, parsley, and lemon. Stuff in a giant clam shell; and, bake.
I make several up and freeze, just thaw and reheat.

Yes, homemade sauce. skins on - no cinnamon. Just cooked in 1/2 water, 1/2 cider.

ThreeOvens - nice looking steak!

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Oct 22 14 3:32 PM

Tacos
Used the leftover black beans/salsa verde mix (that I froze), added jalapenos, and a little Mexican spice.
Pepper jack cheese, lettuce; a tomato, onion, cilanto, lime relish/salsa, and sour cream. Yellow Spanish rice; I added green olives with piementos, and a little shallot. Made for a quick and easy dinner.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 23 14 7:34 AM

Threeovens that is one very delicious looking steak!

Kim love how your tacos have all the colors of the Mexican flag and have enjoyed many a Spanish rice but never with green olives and think they bring wonderful color and texture.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 23 14 7:29 PM

Red, that is a pretty amazing looking pot pie. I would love to dig into that. True comfort food!! I would love to dig into that.
Deb, I guess the rice is more of a cuban rice vs spanish; although arrozo con pollo uses the yellow rice with olives. So spanish or cuban, who knows, lol. The olives had a nice flavor; and simple too. I didn't even think about the colors of the flag ...

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 23 14 7:34 PM

No dishes tonight. Foil packets.
Salmon with a all purpose savory seasoning, cooked with a little butter in a foil pack; finished on the grill with an apple bourbon BBQ sauce.
Potatoes, peppers, onions, and cheese.
Broccoli - yes, frozen. I needed to use it up. Not my favorite, but I always keep it on hand to use in a dip I make. Since, I have had it a while ... use it up. It was ok. Lemon pepper, lemon juice, butter. At least it didn't go to waste.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 24 14 7:46 AM

Red Apple Guy that crust looks amazing, my favorite bite would be that back corner were the crust and gravy browned together Yum.

Kim your foil pack dinner looks wonderful and while I never seem to get  around to doing foil packs I love the look and idea.

CS that parmesan meatloaf has me dreaming of how good it would be on zucchini noodles.   

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help