#63 [url]

Aug 17 16 3:23 PM

For this challenge, I've made Forever Mama's  http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/greek-style-lamb-kebabs-23251 on a charcoal grill.

I totally forgot to take my camera to my niece's, where I made these. So unfortunately the pics are from my phone. Phooey!  Regardless, these were really tasty kabobs, and everyone raved about them. Even the 3 year-old grand-nephew loved them!

My grilling tips are these: Always spray the kabobs with a light mist of olive oil, so they don't stick to the grill. Especially lamb that needs to be cooked rare!  And, use metal skewers rather than wood. It avoids splintering and it's much easier to slide the meat off the stick and onto your pita!

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Aug 17 16 8:13 PM

JostLori wrote:

For this challenge, I've made Forever Mama's  http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/greek-style-lamb-kebabs-23251 on a charcoal grill.

I totally forgot to take my camera to my niece's, where I made these. So unfortunately the pics are from my phone. Phooey!  Regardless, these were really tasty kabobs, and everyone raved about them. Even the 3 year-old grand-nephew loved them!

My grilling tips are these: Always spray the kabobs with a light mist of olive oil, so they don't stick to the grill. Especially lamb that needs to be cooked rare!  And, use metal skewers rather than wood. It avoids splintering and it's much easier to slide the meat off the stick and onto your pita!

Those kebabs look absolutely amazing!!  Thank you so much for the grilling tips and for participating in this challenge. : )

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Aug 18 16 3:23 AM

artandkitchen wrote:
For the  TEAM IHπ image 

I will take the Greek grilling challenge!image

Welcome -- so glad you will be joining us. : )  This now completes all available slots for your team. : )

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Aug 18 16 7:53 PM

For the  TEAM IHπ image 

I prepared http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-peaches-with-greek-yogurt-527687 by momaphet

For this recipe I used a very simple charcoal grill. For this recipe I used Greek ingredients except the cinnamon which I bought in Greece but it is super tasty.
Before grilling I cleened and washed the grid of the grill until shining, I prepared the charcoals and waiteduntil they were hot enough. I placed the halved peaches cut side down on the grid at about 10 cm ftom heat source. After 5 minutes I cheched if they were ready and I changed the place in order to have them ready at the same time. After about 10 mins they were ready and I  topped them with the yogurt I've prepared, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon.
A perfect dessert for the summer.

Sorry, the picture is not nice: I had to use the tablet and it was already night.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Aug 19 16 12:59 AM

artandkitchen wrote:
For the  TEAM IHπ image 

I prepared http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-peaches-with-greek-yogurt-527687 by momaphet

For this recipe I used a very simple charcoal grill. For this recipe I used Greek ingredients except the cinnamon which I bought in Greece but it is super tasty.
Before grilling I cleened and washed the grid of the grill until shining, I prepared the charcoals and waiteduntil they were hot enough. I placed the halved peaches cut side down on the grid at about 10 cm ftom heat source. After 5 minutes I cheched if they were ready and I changed the place in order to have them ready at the same time. After about 10 mins they were ready and I  topped them with the yogurt I've prepared, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon.

Sorry, the picture is not nice: I had to use the tablet and it was already night.

Your peaches look lovely, but unfortunately, I am unable to accept them as the challenge calls for grilling meat or seafood.  You can; however, add this to your extra recipes.

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Aug 19 16 2:37 AM

For this challenge, I made Greeker than Greek Grilled Greek Chicken  

Made this delicious chicken on our gas grill.

Tips:

Since the chicken already had olive oil in the marinade, I just lightly greased the grates with a special non-stick spray specifically for gas grills.  This spray does not build up on the grill grates.

I grilled the chicken over the heated side of my gas grill long enough to get some nice grill marks -- then moved it to indirect cooking so the chicken would not get overdone or burn.

The chicken turned out really moist and tender!  Served alongside some grilled zucchini. 

Quote    Reply   

#71 [url]

Aug 19 16 4:29 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

artandkitchen wrote:
For the  TEAM IHπ image 

Your peaches look lovely, but unfortunately, I am unable to accept them as the challenge calls for grilling meat or seafood.  You can; however, add this to your extra recipes.

Sorry I remembered something with sweet option; but it was the pita challenge! I will find something else!image
It is always late when we have dinner, perhaps to late to remember correctly and to late for tablet pictures with bad light.
Sorry I remembered something with sweet option; but it was the pita challenge! I will find something else!image
It is always late when we have dinner, perhaps to late to remember correctly and to late for tablet pictures with bad light.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Aug 19 16 8:38 PM

For the  TEAM IHπ image 

I've fompleted the delicious  http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-chicken/chicken-souvlaki-kebabs.html?p=1 by Lynn Dine @diner524
I recommend this recipe as the bay leaves give a special and fabolous taste to the souvlaki!
I placed the chicken to marinadee before preparing the charcoals.
I prepared the charcoals in may portable grill placing it where I have enough air current so that it easy to hezt it ip; my favorite place is behind the kitchen by the kit kitchen fan extractor.image
Cover the chicken with aluminium foil and grill at medium ( not hot) temperature.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Aug 19 16 9:45 PM

artandkitchen wrote:
For the  TEAM IHπ image 

I've fompleted the delicious  http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-chicken/chicken-souvlaki-kebabs.html?p=1 by Lynn Dine @diner524
I recommend this recipe as the bay leaves give a special and fabolous taste to the souvlaki!
I placed the chicken to marinadee before preparing the charcoals.
I prepared the charcoals in may portable grill placing it where I have enough air current so that it easy to hezt it ip; my favorite place is behind the kitchen by the kit kitchen fan extractor.image
Cover the chicken with aluminium foil and grill at medium ( not hot) temperature.

Looks absoutely wonderful -- love the scattering of the bay leaves.  Thanks for the tips -- I like the idea of covering with aluminum foil to keep the heat in.

Thanks for participating in this challenge.

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Aug 20 16 5:32 PM

As we don't grill on a real grill at the moment, I had to make something that could be done under the broiler, so I went for PanNan's http://www.food.com/recipe/broiled-or-barbecued-chicken-with-lemon-427687 

I had a small organic chicken which I prepared according to the recipe directions, then I put it on the grilling rack which I had oiled well, with an aluminum foil covered pan underneath to prevent dripping into the oven. I broiled the basted chicken pieces for about 25 minutes on medium (my oven has three grilling/broiling stages), basting and turning the pieces twice during the broiling process, then for the last five minutes I broiled them on high to get a nice crisp. It turned out very flavourful and with just the right crisp!

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Aug 20 16 11:48 PM

Mia in Germany wrote:
As we don't grill on a real grill at the moment, I had to make something that could be done under the broiler, so I went for PanNan's http://www.food.com/recipe/broiled-or-barbecued-chicken-with-lemon-427687 

I had a small organic chicken which I prepared according to the recipe directions, then I put it on the grilling rack which I had oiled well, with an aluminum foil covered pan underneath to prevent dripping into the oven. I broiled the basted chicken pieces for about 25 minutes on medium (my oven has three grilling/broiling stages), basting and turning the pieces twice during the broiling process, then for the last five minutes I broiled them on high to get a nice crisp. It turned out very flavourful and with just the right crisp!

Hi Mia,

I really apologize, but this challenge requires that you use a bbq grill to complete your recipe.  I do realize that the recipe has instruction for both broiling and grilling, but you would have had to grill it in order to get credit.

You may still use this recipe toward "extra cooking".

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Aug 21 16 12:13 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Mia in Germany wrote:

Hi Mia,

I really apologize, but this challenge requires that you use a bbq grill to complete your recipe.  I do realize that the recipe has instruction for both broiling and grilling, but you would have had to grill it in order to get credit.

Thanks.

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the heads up! I'll use this for extra cooking and post it over there. If I use an electric indoor bbq grill, does that count? You put the meat on it like on a charcoal grill, ist's just electric and without fire.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Aug 21 16 1:05 AM

Mia in Germany wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Mia in Germany wrote:

Hi Mia,

Thanks.

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the heads up! I'll use this for extra cooking and post it over there. If I use an electric indoor bbq grill, does that count? You put the meat on it like on a charcoal grill, ist's just electric and without fire.

Hi Mia,

For this challenge, we are trying to mirror the Ancient Greek method of grilling over an open flame or fire and that's why a gas or charcoal grill was specified for this challenge.  Unfortunately, an electric grill would not satisfy the requirement for this challenge.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Aug 21 16 3:12 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Mia in Germany wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Mia in Germany wrote:

Hi Mia,

Thanks.

Hi Nancy,

Hi Mia,

For this challenge, we are trying to mirror the Ancient Greek method of grilling over an open flame or fire and that's why a gas or charcoal grill was specified for this challenge.  Unfortunately, an electric grill would not satisfy the requirement for this challenge.

O dear, I do feel stupid. Next time I read the instructions properly... Sorry for the mess! It's embarassing and I hope it will not have any negative consequences for my team, but I'm afraid I have to step back from this challenge image
Thanks for your patience image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help