#41 [url]

Aug 19 16 7:32 PM

I've spent most of the evening trying to post a pita challenge recipe to food dot crap. The save button doesn't come live, but nothing shows me what I am doing wrong.
I can't post this recipe on my blog (only things from page 32) and I have no history with recipezazz or justapinch. Can someone else post on my behalf> or do I have to bite the bullet?
Frankly, I am so not happy about this.

Quote    Reply   

#42 [url]

Aug 19 16 7:37 PM

Leggy Peggy wrote:
I've spent most of the evening trying to post a pita challenge recipe to food dot crap. The save button doesn't come live, but nothing shows me what I am doing wrong.
I can't post this recipe on my blog (only things from page 32) and I have no history with recipezazz or justapinch. Can someone else post on my behalf> or do I have to bite the bullet?

Hi Peggy,

I think setting up an account with JAP is pretty quick and easy.  Would you mind trying that first?  We can walk you through how to post a recipe on that site.  It's easy as well.

The only other option would be to type the recipe here, but I would prefer to have a recipe link to a site that allows reviews.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Aug 19 16 8:10 PM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Leggy Peggy wrote:

Hi Peggy,

I think setting up an account with JAP is pretty quick and easy.  Would you mind trying that first?  We can walk you through how to post a recipe on that site.  It's easy as well.

The only other option would be to type the recipe here, but I would prefer to have a recipe link to a site that allows reviews.

If it's okay with you, I'd really rather post the recipe here.
As a journalist, editor and writer, I have always had a problem with the way so many recipes are pinched and passed on as one's own work.
I figure the tendency to pinch is much less likely here. I admit that I seem a bit of a fraud asking to do things this way, because my blog
uses other people's recipes, but only 1 recipe per book. 
Let me know what I should do. 
Amd I will post via Food dot problem if the option comes up.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Aug 19 16 10:21 PM

Leggy Peggy wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Leggy Peggy wrote:

Hi Peggy,

If it's okay with you, I'd really rather post the recipe here.
As a journalist, editor and writer, I have always had a problem with the way so many recipes are pinched and passed on as one's own work.
I figure the tendency to pinch is much less likely here. I admit that I seem a bit of a fraud asking to do things this way, because my blog
uses other people's recipes, but only 1 recipe per book. 
Let me know what I should do. 
Amd I will post via Food dot problem if the option comes up.

I went over to food and looked at it, but since I wasn't actually in the process of posting a recipe -- I couldn't be sure if it would work or not for me.  I'm assuming from what you mentioned above that you entered your entire recipe and then the site wouldn't let you post it.

Go ahead, under the circumstances, and just type your recipe here.  : )

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Aug 20 16 5:28 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nancy!

I have tried again this morning and the 'submit' button on Food dot problem does not highlight for me. 
I have looked, without luck, for a help button on that site, but can't find one either. I will post the recipe here
and try there one more time. But it really, really is disheartening to see what has become of the site we loved so much.

I'll be back with the photo when I download from the camera.

Greek ingredients used 
olive oil
feta cheese
kalamata olives
onion
oregano
tomatoes
pita bread
lemon

Pita bread with chorizo, vegetables and feta 

Created for the Culinary Quest 2016. This was for a pita challenge, using primarily Greek ingredients. I find this also works well with wraps and tortillas. I've said it feeds up to 4, but with a teenage boy it barely fed 3.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon olive oil
    • 250 g chorizo sausage, chopped
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
    • 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
    • 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup water (or more depending on the thickness of sauce you want)
    • 1/2 teaspoon, dried oregano
    • 1 lemon or lime,  juice of 
    • 100 g feta cheese
    • 1/2 - 1 avocado, mashed 
    • 2 cups lettuce, diced
    • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
    • 8 pita bread

Directions
  • Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add chopped chorizos. Sauté for 5–10 minutes, until sausages pieces are done.
  • Chop the veggies while the chorizo is cooking.
  • Remove chorizos and set aside, and drain off all but one tablespoon of oil.
  • Reheat the oil and add chopped onions, bell peppers, oregano and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
  • Add lemon or lime juice, tinned tomatoes and water, and cook for 10 minutes. Here is your chance to get the garnishes ready. These are the feta cheese, sour cream, lettuce, olives and avocado, and any other items you like.
  • After the 10 minutes, return the cooked chorizos to the pan and let everything heat through for another 2 to 3 minutes.
  • While the mixture reheats, microwave (or oven heat) the pitas (or alternative bread choices) according to package directions—usually about 1 minute in the microwave for the whole pack.
  • Set everything out on the table and let people assemble their own serving.

Last Edited By: Leggy Peggy Aug 20 16 5:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Aug 20 16 10:28 PM

Baby Kato wrote:
completion for the gift shop.... Pita Challenge Entry

Pita Surprise by BK - Lunch - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/pita-surprise.html

Thank you for hosting this challenge Nancy, I enjoyed it very much.  image

It really challenged me, I made homemade pita bread the day before, so that I could use it in this challenge.

The pita sandwich is light but surprisingly filling, half of the sandwich made a lovely lunch for me and leftovers for tomorrow. (very happy about that, I get to enjoy it twice)

This lovely sandwich took 25 minutes to prepare, cook and assemble. From the Greek Ingredients list I used: arugula, basil and mint, halloumi cheese, Greek yogurt, cucumber, apples, orange zest and walnuts.  

Here is the creation...

WOW!  Those ingredients sound wonderful -- love the halloumi cheese and the addition of the fruit.  : )

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Aug 20 16 10:30 PM

Leggy Peggy wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nancy!

I have tried again this morning and the 'submit' button on Food dot problem does not highlight for me. 
I have looked, without luck, for a help button on that site, but can't find one either. I will post the recipe here
and try there one more time. But it really, really is disheartening to see what has become of the site we loved so much.

I'll be back with the photo when I download from the camera.

Greek ingredients used 
olive oil
feta cheese
kalamata olives
onion
oregano
tomatoes
pita bread
lemon

Pita bread with chorizo, vegetables and feta 

Created for the Culinary Quest 2016. This was for a pita challenge, using primarily Greek ingredients. I find this also works well with wraps and tortillas. I've said it feeds up to 4, but with a teenage boy it barely fed 3.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients
    • 1 teaspoon olive oil
    • 250 g chorizo sausage, chopped
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
    • 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
    • 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup water (or more depending on the thickness of sauce you want)
    • 1/2 teaspoon, dried oregano
    • 1 lemon or lime,  juice of 
    • 100 g feta cheese
    • 1/2 - 1 avocado, mashed 
    • 2 cups lettuce, diced
    • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
    • 8 pita bread

Directions
  • Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add chopped chorizos. Sauté for 5–10 minutes, until sausages pieces are done.
  • Chop the veggies while the chorizo is cooking.
  • Remove chorizos and set aside, and drain off all but one tablespoon of oil.
  • Reheat the oil and add chopped onions, bell peppers, oregano and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
  • Add lemon or lime juice, tinned tomatoes and water, and cook for 10 minutes. Here is your chance to get the garnishes ready. These are the feta cheese, sour cream, lettuce, olives and avocado, and any other items you like.
  • After the 10 minutes, return the cooked chorizos to the pan and let everything heat through for another 2 to 3 minutes.
  • While the mixture reheats, microwave (or oven heat) the pitas (or alternative bread choices) according to package directions—usually about 1 minute in the microwave for the whole pack.
  • Set everything out on the table and let people assemble their own serving.

Love all of those tasty ingredients; especially the chorizo.  Sounds delish! : )

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Aug 20 16 10:33 PM

Leggy Peggy wrote:

Thanks again Nancy for accepting the recipe being posted here. 

I tried one last time to post the pita challenge recipe at food dot problem and it worked.

http://www.food.com/recipe/pita-bread-with-chorizo-vegetables-and-feta-528003#

Awesome -- proves third, fourth, fifth or even sixth time is the charm!!!   Thanks for your perseverance with that dreaded site. : ) LOL

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Aug 21 16 11:59 PM

Sheepdoc prepared a pita recipe for the challenge.   http://www.food.com/recipe/greek-odds-and-ends-pita-528013

This was constructed with Greek leftovers. The previous day I made Tyrokafteri - Spicy Feta Spread and Perfect Tzatziki Sauce. They were already made when I started this pita, but the 2 of them together took less that 30 minutes to make. The lamb and asparagus were leftovers too. The assembly of the pitas was well under 30 minutes. 

Flavors: 
Feta cheese
Olive oil
chili pepper 
cucumbers
dill
greek yogurt
kalamata olives
onion
garlic
lamb

Sheepdoc

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Aug 22 16 12:30 AM

sheepdoc wrote:
Sheepdoc prepared a pita recipe for the challenge.   http://www.food.com/recipe/greek-odds-and-ends-pita-528013

This was constructed with Greek leftovers. The previous day I made Tyrokafteri - Spicy Feta Spread and Perfect Tzatziki Sauce. They were already made when I started this pita, but the 2 of them together took less that 30 minutes to make. The lamb and asparagus were leftovers too. The assembly of the pitas was well under 30 minutes. 

Flavors: 
Feta cheese
Olive oil
chili pepper 
cucumbers
dill
greek yogurt
kalamata olives
onion
garlic
lamb

Sounds wonderfu -- what a great way to use up all of these delicious goodies we've been making.  YUM!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help