Tags : :
Start Date: August 12th
End Date: August 25th
Player Limit: 5 players per team
Challenge Type: individual cooking (recipe must not take more than 30 minutes to complete start to finish. Active time is prep time plus cooking time)
Points: 3 points per player for a possible team total of 15 points
Create a stuffing recipe for pita bread using a minimum of 4 ingredients from the "Traditional Greek Foods and Ingredients" list - http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/1652/CQ3-Regional-Recipe-Guidelines-Recipe-Collection-Depot#.V63fBJXJV-Q .
Your recipe creation may be savory or sweet, cooked or uncooked and may be categorized as an appetizer, breakfast, lunch, main dish, salad or dessert.
Your recipe must take 30 minutes or less "active time" to prepare. Active time is prep time plus cook time and the time must be entered as 30 minutes (or less) active time on your published recipe.
Your recipe must be posted by you on a recipe site which accepts reviews.
Post your recipe link and list the 4 qualifying ingredients in this thread and in the team thread when complete. Photographs of your completed recipe are encouraged, but not required.
Be creative and have fun!
BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD!
Pita bread is an even better invention than sliced bread! It is no wonder that this round pocket bread has been a staple of the Eastern Mediterranean serving the function of loaves of bread.
Pita bread is a rather simple bread that can be made with limited technologies. Still, the possibilities to pack, dip or wrap a pita are almost limitless. Pita bread can only really be appreciated through the taste and the wonderful combinations of the foods and ingredients enclosed within them. Few breads are as nutritious as a whole wheat pita. It is a good source of fiber and protein, with minimal fat and they barely have any sugar.
Pita bread can be used to scoop sauces or dips such a hummus and taramosalata or to wrap kebabs and gyros. In Greece, pita is a component of pita-souvlaki.
PITA - STUFF IT!
TEAM Σisters of the Traveling Pans Score=15
1. Lauralie51 - http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Sugared-Pitas-with-Fried-Apples-1844598?columns=4&position=1%2F1
2. Annacia - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/d50e64b8-63e5-11e6-8937-42010af00ebe.html
3. Leggy Peggy - http://www.food.com/recipe/pita-bread-with-chorizo-vegetables-and-feta-528003
4. K-9 Owned - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/im-stuffed-vegetarian-pita-pocket-for.html
5. Stacy G - http://www.food.com/recipe/tuna-tarragon-pita-528044
TEAM H π Score=15
1. Mikekey - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/lamb-pitas-with-yogurt-sauce.html
2. Muffin Goddess - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/greek-garden-pitas.html
3. Sofie-a-Toast - http://www.food.com/recipe/lentil-pita-sandwiches-528045
4. Lavender Lynn - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/pita-pocket-with-chicken-and-onions.html
5. Sheepdoc - http://www.food.com/recipe/greek-odds-and-ends-pita-528013
TEAM π P Maniacs Score=15
1. PanNan - http://www.food.com/recipe/swordfish-souvlaki-528018
2. Debbwl - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/greek-pita-chicken-salad.html
3. Diner524 - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/breakfast/fruit-breakfast/cinnamon-toasted-fruit-pita.html
4. threeovens - Greek Chickpea Pita Filling and Yogurt Sauce
5. JostLori - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/tangy-hummus-gyro.html
Quest Guides .............Score=0
1. NWGal - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/chicken-cucumber-and-kalamata-olive-pita-pockets.html
3. Nancy's Pantry - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/beef/steak-pitas-w-roasted-peppers-feta-and.html
4. Baby Kato - http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/sandwiches/pita-surprise.html
Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry Aug 26 16 7:08 PM. Edited 25 times