#21 [url]

Aug 21 16 10:01 PM

Linky wrote:
Thanks, Nancy! Violet does love art and science, too. I can't believe she'll be starting 3rd grade next week. I didn't know that about Kore, either. You can always learn something new! 

Don't ya just love the internet??? LOL

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 24 16 2:50 AM

MamiJ wrote:
MamiJ
Please sign me up for the last spot in our team, my boys will be doing the Trojan Horse and a Cyclops. Thanks!

Got it -- looking forward to these projects.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 24 16 10:56 AM

My 8 year old grandson, Cole, chose Zeus for his toilet roll project.  He said he really liked the lightning bolt that Zeus used to fight the Titans and the fact that Zeus ruled the sky.  Cole couldn't find the glue, so he decided to use tape to make his project.  He was intrigued and somewhat confused by the Greek mythology term "gods" as compared to his understanding of the word "God".  This generated quite a discussion about various religions and beliefs.  He learned a lot from this art project.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 24 16 9:39 PM

PanNan wrote:

My 8 year old grandson, Cole, chose Zeus for his toilet roll project.  He said he really liked the lightning bolt that Zeus used to fight the Titans and the fact that Zeus ruled the sky.  Cole couldn't find the glue, so he decided to use tape to make his project.  He was intrigued and somewhat confused by the Greek mythology term "gods" as compared to his understanding of the word "God".  This generated quite a discussion about various religions and beliefs.  He learned a lot from this art project.

Awesome Job Cole!!!!  image   You did a great job on your project and I'm glad you enjoyed learning about Greek mythology. 

Thanks Nan for participating in this project and I'm glad that it encouraged discussion. 

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 24 16 11:08 PM

Here are my sons's creations:

Because they are both tweens, they changed their minds about ten times before deciding their projects, and initially they were going to use acrylic paints to color them, but in the end my eldest, Karim, decided he would color his horse, and my second, Khail, decided he wouldpaint the tube and color the rest of his cyclops.

Karim liked the Trojan Horse the best because he could color it any way he wanted, and of course he chose his favorite color combination which is electric blue and black. He also enjoys the story behind the Trojan horse, and he said that it was "such an epic strategy to troll their enemy". image

Khail liked the cyclops best because he looks so strong, not like he had imagined them before. image

Both respectfully declined to be photographed with their crafts. 

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Aug 25 16 1:25 AM

MamiJ wrote:
Here are my sons's creations:

Because they are both tweens, they changed their minds about ten times before deciding their projects, and initially they were going to use acrylic paints to color them, but in the end my eldest, Karim, decided he would color his horse, and my second, Khail, decided he wouldpaint the tube and color the rest of his cyclops.

Karim liked the Trojan Horse the best because he could color it any way he wanted, and of course he chose his favorite color combination which is electric blue and black. He also enjoys the story behind the Trojan horse, and he said that it was "such an epic strategy to troll their enemy". image

Khail liked the cyclops best because he looks so strong, not like he had imagined them before. image

Both respectfully declined to be photographed with their crafts. 

Fantastic Job Karim and Khail!  image    I love the stories of the trojan horse and the cyclops too.   I also still like to watch the old, old Hercules movies when they come on TV.  Many of these characters appear in those old movies.

Thanks for participating in this challenge -- hope you learned a lot of fun things about Greek mythology.  Thank you Janin for supplying all of these artistic kiddos for these challenges.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 25 16 2:39 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

JostLori wrote:

I've got my 3 year old grand-nephew right here - so let's see what his coloring skills are like!  Please sign me up!

I'm sure he'll do an amazing job!  Got ya signed up for the "coloring" pages. 

Nancy, I missed your post about the coloring page.  I actually wanted to do the Greek god/mythological creatures project. And that's what we did. I hope that's ok!

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Aug 25 16 2:41 AM

Sadly, I don't have any grandkids yet... but this week I'm visiting my family in California and spending lots of time with my 3 year-old grand-nephew, Austin. Well, a "grand" anything is still... GRAND!!!

Austin was more than happy to help out with the Greek Mythology challenge, and eager to show off his coloring skills! He showed off his knowledge by naming the colors we were using, and counting the number of arms, feet, etc. Of course, being only 3, his attention span was short.
image      image

But eventually, we got it done!
image      image

When all was finished, he promptly took the minotaur and weaved him into a play fight with his Ninja Turtles. He thinks Mikey (Michealangelo) and Minotaur are going to be best friends.

Having just started going to preschool, Austin is excited about homework. He calls it his "paperwork". When we were finished with the minotaur (after various starts, stops and detours!) he proudly said to my niece "Mommy, I just helped Aunt Lori (Lowee) with her paperwork!!!"  Then he turned to me and said "Do you have any more?".  What a cute little love-bug he is!

Austin also completed a coloring page with an image of a Centaur.

Last Edited By: JostLori Aug 25 16 9:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 25 16 3:31 AM

JostLori wrote:

Sadly, I don't have any grandkids yet... but this week I'm visiting my family in California and spending lots of time with my 3 year-old grand-nephew, Austin. Well, a "grand" anything is still... GRAND!!!

Austin was more than happy to help out with the Greek Mythology challenge, and eager to show off his coloring skills! He showed off his knowledge by naming the colors we were using, and counting the number of arms, feet, etc. Of course, being only 3, his attention span was short.
image      image

But eventually, we got it done!
image      image

When all was finished, he promptly took the minotaur and weaved him into a play fight with his Ninja Turtles. He thinks Mikey (Michealangelo) and Minotaur are going to be best friends.

Having just started going to preschool, Austin is excited about homework. He calls it his "paperwork". When we were finished with the minotaur (after various starts, stops and detours!) he proudly said to my niece "Mommy, I just helped Aunt Lori (Lowee) with her paperwork!!!"  Then he turned to me and said "Do you have any more?".  What a cute little love-bug he is!

Hi Lori,

I'll get Austin switched over to the other project, but we are allowing players to double up so he can also do a coloring page for credit as well.

What a cutie -- so glad he likes the Minotaur -- you never know, he might just have created a new Super Hero movie with Michaelangelo and the Minotaur.

Austin gets a big image on his "paperwork".

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 25 16 11:22 AM

Nancy, It seems that there was a mix-up about who signed up for what with our team for this challenge. I guess JostLori had signed up for the toilet paper roll project, but was listed under the coloring page on page 1 of this thread. I had signed up to do the toilet paper roll project with my grandson thinking that we still needed someone for that spot. I visited my grandson this weekend and was getting ready to post my completion when Lori let me know that she had completed this project and posted her completion. So, I guess I need to be removed from this challenge since my grandson lives 5 hours away and I won't be able to do the coloring page with him. Sorry for the mix-up! Also, I am listed for this challenge under the wrong team name on page 1 of this thread.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 25 16 11:58 AM

Bayhill wrote:

Nancy, It seems that there was a mix-up about who signed up for what with our team for this challenge. I guess JostLori had signed up for the toilet paper roll project, but was listed under the coloring page on page 1 of this thread. I had signed up to do the toilet paper roll project with my grandson thinking that we still needed someone for that spot. I visited my grandson this weekend and was getting ready to post my completion when Lori let me know that she had completed this project and posted her completion. So, I guess I need to be removed from this challenge since my grandson lives 5 hours away and I won't be able to do the coloring page with him. Sorry for the mix-up! Also, I am listed for this challenge under the wrong team name on page 1 of this thread.

Nancy, let's leave Sue on the craft roll project. You mentioned that kids could double up? Does that mean that the coloring job Austin did on the craft roll project could possibly count as a "coloring page"?  He actually DID color a separate page (the centaur) when we did the craft. Unfortunately, I deleted the photo from my phone when I posted the craft ones instead.  OR - I could borrow a kid when I go to my volunteer job tomorrow.  Just let me know by tomorrow morning so I can plan to snag the kid if I need to!

UPDATE!!!  I googled and found a way to recover the photo. Here it is. Even though it doesn't show Austin holding up the finished coloring page, it shows him while he's coloring the Centaur. Would this count to fulfill the challenge???

Last Edited By: JostLori Aug 25 16 12:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 25 16 7:34 PM

JostLori wrote:

Bayhill wrote:

Nancy, let's leave Sue on the craft roll project. You mentioned that kids could double up? Does that mean that the coloring job Austin did on the craft roll project could possibly count as a "coloring page"?  He actually DID color a separate page (the centaur) when we did the craft. Unfortunately, I deleted the photo from my phone when I posted the craft ones instead.  OR - I could borrow a kid when I go to my volunteer job tomorrow.  Just let me know by tomorrow morning so I can plan to snag the kid if I need to!

UPDATE!!!  I googled and found a way to recover the photo. Here it is. Even though it doesn't show Austin holding up the finished coloring page, it shows him while he's coloring the Centaur. Would this count to fulfill the challenge???

So sorry, this is really my fault.  I had Sue listed under another team by accident.

So, I'll count Lori's completion as a coloring page and Sue can post the tissue paper roll project.  I'll get page 1 corrected right now.

Thanks for letting me know - my bad! : (

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:36 AM

For the Pi Rho Maniacs, my 3-year old grandson Liam and I completed the toilet paper roll project for this challenge.

Liam loves to color, so he was thrilled to help out with this challenge. He really tries to follow the same color scheme as the master photo with his coloring. For this project, he decided to work on the Minotaur. He thought that it was funny that a "cow" has people arms with big muscles. After completing the project, he enjoyed playing with it. That is until his 1-year old baby brother tore off its head.

Here is Liam carefully studying the picture of the Minotaur trying to get the colors right.

imageimage

And the finished product (shortly before it was beheaded).

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 26 16 2:44 AM

Bayhill wrote:

For the Pi Rho Maniacs, my 3-year old grandson Liam and I completed the toilet paper roll project for this challenge.

Liam loves to color, so he was thrilled to help out with this challenge. He really tries to follow the same color scheme as the master photo with his coloring. For this project, he decided to work on the Minotaur. He thought that it was funny that a "cow" has people arms with big muscles. After completing the project, he enjoyed playing with it. That is until his 1-year old baby brother tore off its head.

Here is Liam carefully studying the picture of the Minotaur trying to get the colors right.

imageimage

And the finished product (shortly before it was beheaded).

Awesome Job Liam!  image   I'm impressed that you take the time to make the character look just like the picture.  I love your Minotaur -- good thing you can always make another one.  So sorry that little brother tore off his head -- you can remind him of it when you get older. : )

Thanks Sue for helping Liam with his project.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help