#41 [url]

Jul 15 16 1:55 AM

JackieOhNo wrote:

lazyme wrote:

Several folks have mentioned that they aren't getting notifications anymore. It appears to be a site problem and Vickie has contacted support to see if they can get it fixed. In the meantime.......it might be a good idea to check threads and mail more often to see if there is any new activity. image

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I've never gotten notifications.  Is there a setting for that?

Yes, there is. At the very bottom of each post box when you're writing or quoting a post (and screen) there is a row of boxes that you can check.
ie convert urls, use smilies, subscribe to this topic, stay in topic

If you check the box to 'subscribe' it should notify you in your email account that there is new activity.

Unfortunately........it's not working right now. image

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jul 15 16 5:59 AM

JostLori wrote:
I'm all in!  Raring at the bit to get started. Heading down to Largo in a few minutes (40 minute drive!) to the only large Asian store in our area. Stocking up!!!!

Hi Lori!!  I forgot to say something earlier, but looks like we both live in the Tampa Bay region.  I used to live less then a 1/4 mile from the Tarpon Springs addy, in the Trinity area.  But now we moved out to the boonies but still in Pasco, right on the border of Wesley Chapel.  Let me know how good the Asian market was for finding ingredients? image

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 15 16 6:19 AM

I don't see that our team has posted our picks in the Olymic activity, do we still need to do so and do we have time to get the info there or is it too late?

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jul 15 16 6:31 AM

Diner524 wrote:
I don't see that our team has posted our picks in the Olymic activity, do we still need to do so and do we have time to get the info there or is it too late?

Never mind!! I don't see a deadline for reporting this info, just for us turning in recipes by 7 pm tonight.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 15 16 6:37 AM

Diner524 wrote:

Someone needs to post them there NOW or you may not earn any points for your athletes later in the game.  Just sayin.........image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jul 15 16 6:52 AM

lazyme wrote:

Diner524 wrote:

Someone needs to post them there NOW or you may not earn any points for your athletes later in the game.  Just sayin.........image

I am not trying to step on anyones' toes, but I took what Lucie had posted on our page one and posted that in the thread, hopefully it will be accepted.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jul 15 16 7:17 AM

Diner524 wrote:

lazyme wrote:

Diner524 wrote:

I am not trying to step on anyones' toes, but I took what Lucie had posted on our page one and posted that in the thread, hopefully it will be accepted.

Thanks, Lynn. image

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Jul 15 16 8:01 AM

Diner524 wrote:
lazyme wrote:

Diner524 wrote:

Thanks Lynn! I had asked the same question on page 2 of our thread but didn't get an answer, so I thought maybe there wasn't a deadline.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jul 15 16 10:45 AM

Diner524 wrote:

JostLori wrote:
I'm all in!  Raring at the bit to get started. Heading down to Largo in a few minutes (40 minute drive!) to the only large Asian store in our area. Stocking up!!!!

Hi Lori!!  I forgot to say something earlier, but looks like we both live in the Tampa Bay region.  I used to live less then a 1/4 mile from the Tarpon Springs addy, in the Trinity area.  But now we moved out to the boonies but still in Pasco, right on the border of Wesley Chapel.  Let me know how good the Asian market was for finding ingredients? image

Oh My Gosh!!!  I spent an hour in there, just looking!  Don't know if you're familiar with Ranch 99 Market? We had those on the West Coast. It's a huge Asian supermarket, with a fresh fish counter, a bakery, hot food bar, Asian produce. It's in Pinellas Park, so quite a drive (40 minutes from the intersection of 19 & Tarpon Ave/Keystone). There's also one in Tampa. The name of the place is MD Oriental Market. It has pretty much everything. 

I have a new friend in the neighborhood, who was born in China but grew up in Vietnam. She took me to a farmers market in Largo, that is simply amazing. Every imaginable Asian fruit, vegetable, plant.  Mustang Flea Market, I think was the name. Definitely worth the trip, but helps to have someone who speaks the languages. And she does! We're heading down on Saturday, once I choose my recipes. You're welcome to join us if you want to make the long drive and walk around in the heat!

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 15 16 6:20 PM

This morning I realized it had been 4 days since I got a notification, and thought that was too quiet for our team... smiley: roll

hopefully the glitch is fixed soon!   Nice to see our new thread and ready to start cooking smiley: smile

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 15 16 8:30 PM

I'll take the Azores pineapple challenge, the Japanese noodle challenge and the Kid's Wildlife Challenge. My 8 year old grandson, Cole, is interested in learning about the swordfish. I can do more if that's needed.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jul 15 16 8:55 PM

JostLori wrote:
I'll do the Japanese Sauces challenge.

Y'all are going to have to control me... if given the chance, I would probably participate in EVERY challenge!!!  image

I don't have a problem with you doing them all, lol.  There looks like there are plenty of spots to go around.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 15 16 8:57 PM

PanNan wrote:
I'll take the Azores pineapple challenge, the Japanese noodle challenge and the Kid's Wildlife Challenge. My 8 year old grandson, Cole, is interested in learning about the swordfish. I can do more if that's needed.

Whoo!  Hoo!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help