#41 [url]

Aug 18 16 5:22 AM

ImPat wrote:
I have a request if you could please take a few minutes out from your culinary request and post some recipe in For Your Considerations if your have credits for at the moment we only have 5 chefs that have posted recipes.  I know I would really appreciate it, Hope I have not stepped on anyone toes and if I have I will apologise in advance.

Pat image

Sorry Pat -- I have been meaning to post some recipes.  I'll try to round up some folks to get some recipe offers in.

Hugs,

Dragonfly graphics

Quote    Reply   

#42 [url]

Aug 19 16 8:16 AM

Round 2 Scores

TEAM: Σisters of the Traveling Pans
Bahamas - 142
-5 points #6 step up
-5 points #7 step up
-5 points #7 spotlight - 1/4t - she used the rum not the extract per her review
+5 points #9 step up

Thailand/Indonesia - 133
No adjustments.

Round 2 - 275

TEAM:   │ H π 
Bahamas - 152
+5 points spotlight - 1/4t - #10

Thailand/Indonesia - 128
+5 points spotlight - 1/4t - #15

Round 2 - 280

TEAM:  π P Maniacs
Bahamas - 147
-5 points #9 spotlight - needed to say 4 cups - conversions not allowed (nice try tho!)

Thailand/Indonesia - 143
math error on total - reported 143 - should have been 153
-5 points gift 1 spotlight - needed to say 4 cups
-5 points #3 step up - only 4 steps

Round 2 - 290

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Aug 26 16 7:51 PM

2 Questions Please - Re Olympic Scoring

... Do Trampoline Gymnastics events qualify as jumping events?? (Seems more likely than javelin)

... Re Duo - Does it have to be 2 athletes competing as a pair or may it also include an Equestrian & his horse competing as a pair?

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Aug 26 16 8:57 PM

twissis wrote:

... Do Trampoline Gymnastics events qualify as jumping events?? (Seems more likely than javelin)

... Re Duo - Does it have to be 2 athletes competing as a pair or may it also include an Equestrian & his horse competing as a pair?

The specific qualifing events are shown on the card. They are javelin, long jump, and high jump; all of which are track & field events.  
The second copy/paste section which lists "jumping" was an attempt on my part to come up with a one word title to make using that section easier.  "weapon" is the same attempt. It's only gun, arrow, or sword.  Hope that helps! 

Re duo.  The athlete & the horse are a duo as long as the horse is a well trained partner. It's not like broco riding where the horse is based on luck of the draw. 

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Aug 26 16 9:30 PM

Susie D wrote:

twissis wrote:

The specific qualifing events are shown on the card. They are javelin, long jump, and high jump; all of which are track & field events.  
The second copy/paste section which lists "jumping" was an attempt on my part to come up with a one word title to make using that section easier.  "weapon" is the same attempt. It's only gun, arrow, or sword.  Hope that helps! 

Re duo.  The athlete & the horse are a duo as long as the horse is a well trained partner. It's not like broco riding where the horse is based on luck of the draw. 

Ahh - Got it now Susie. Thx for your help. image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Aug 26 16 10:20 PM

1 last question Re Olympic Scoring & then I promise you will not be bothered by me again. I really do promise! I'll even swear to it if that helps.

Re: "wore ribbon" ... Does that mean that an athlete has to actually compete wearing a ribbon?  .. or .. Since all 3 medals have ribbons attached, do all medal winners count for this?

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Aug 27 16 2:39 AM

twissis wrote:
1 last question Re Olympic Scoring & then I promise you will not be bothered by me again. I really do promise! I'll even swear to it if that helps.

Re: "wore ribbon" ... Does that mean that an athlete has to actually compete wearing a ribbon?  .. or .. Since all 3 medals have ribbons attached, do all medal winners count for this?

Yes, the athlete had to wear a ribbon while competing. This is like wore "swimcap & goggles" or "competed barefoot." It's during the competion itself. 
Gymnasts usually wear a ribbon. A beach volleyball player might, etc. The horse partners sometimes wear ribbons. image

Remember though, each of your 10 athletes may only be used one time.  

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Aug 28 16 6:48 AM

Honestly guys, I can't even remember where or if I need to report that Pg 1 for the Sisters has been completed & both Team 15 Lists have been posted. If this is not the right place, then please have someone come to Iceland to wake me up & I'll do whatever they tell me to do. Nite imageimageimage

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Aug 28 16 7:07 AM

twissis wrote:
Honestly guys, I can't even remember where or if I need to report that Pg 1 for the Sisters has been completed & both Team 15 Lists have been posted. If this is not the right place, then please have someone come to Iceland to wake me up & I'll do whatever they tell me to do. Nite imageimageimage

No worries MP -- we'll be able to see them on pg 1 of the team thread.  Nite Nite Zzzzzzzzz!

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Sep 2 16 4:33 AM

Grand Finale Culinary Quest # 3

Congratulations to all of the teams!

Although our journey has come to an end, we are left with fun memories of our travel companions, learned a thing or two, and tried a dish new to us.  It was a terrific round of the Culinary Quest and YOU are what makes the journey worthwhile! 

Our first place team is the   π P Maniacs with a total score of 994 points!

TEAM: Σisters of the Traveling Pans - = 933

TEAM:   │ H π - 901

See you next summer! 
Susie D
NorthwestGal
lazyme
Nancy's Pantry

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help