Lead

Jul 8 16 5:21 AM

Tags : :

Welcome to the Culinary Quest!  Players are traveling the world one bite at a time.

Ahoy captains and first mates! Pull up a chaise lounge and consider this your cozy corner.  The Guides do watch this thread and will be happy to pour you a beverage, answer a question or two, or arrange spa treatments for stressed out team leadership. 

2016 Dates
Team Organization: Tues, July 5- July 14 (10 days)
Round 1: Fri, July 15- July 28
Round 2: July 29- Aug 11
Round 3: Aug 12- Aug 25
Best of (and final scoring): Aug 26- 30
Winners Announcement: Sept 3

Last Edited By: Susie D Jul 30 16 5:44 PM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Jul 8 16 5:39 AM

Round 1 Bonus Scoring:

Secret Ingredients are required to be EXACT matches. Close doesn't work here. image

Secret Ingredients the AZORES:
~chorizo or linguica sausage
~clams
~fava beans
~kale
~pork shoulder

Secret Ingredients for JAPAN:
~bonita flakes
~cucumbers
~dakion radishes
~miso paste
~salmon (note: not canned)

Secret Ingredients for the PHILIPPINES:

~bangoong (a fermented fish paste)
~coconut milk
~papayas
~sambal
~shrimp

The Step up bonus uses the ~~total~~ count of numbered steps in the recipe instructions to score points.
5 points per recipe with the matching number of steps. 

Round 1: Total steps per recipe: 7 or 12

In the Spotlight places the focus on a specific item or two within a recipe. These can be anything so be on the lookout for surprises!
The items must have been specified by the posting chef somewhere in the recipe. The item may appear in the introduction, the ingredient list, or within the directions.  Reviews/comments or photos by others do not count for this bonus. 

5 points per recipe

Round 1 Spotlight is on:
The recipe serves 2  (as posted by the recipe author.)

The Hidden Key bonus is always a surprise and can be anything from a designated challenge.
One 5 point bonus possible per team

A team member garnished their shake with sprinkles in the Philippine Shake It Up Challenge. 

Last Edited By: Susie D Jul 31 16 9:21 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 30 16 5:38 PM

Round 2 Bonus Scoring:

Secret Ingredients are required to be EXACT matches. Close doesn't work here. image

Secret Ingredients for the Bahamas
~
plantain
~cabbage
~thyme-fresh or dried
~evaporated milk
~split peas

Secret Ingredients for Thailand and Indonesia
~
sambal oleck
~bananas
~water chestnuts
~palm sugar
~cellophane noodles

The Step up bonus uses the ~~total~~ count of numbered steps in the recipe instructions to score points.
5 points per recipe with the matching number of steps. 

Round 2: Total steps per recipe: 5 or 6

In the Spotlight places the focus on a specific item or two within a recipe. These can be anything so be on the lookout for surprises!
The items must have been specified by the posting chef somewhere in the recipe. The item may appear in the introduction, the ingredient list, or within the directions.  Reviews/comments or photos by others do not count for this bonus. 

5 points per recipe

Round 2 Spotlight is on: 4 cups or 1/4 teaspoon on the ingredient list. 
Only one bonus per recipe! 

The Hidden Key bonus is always a surprise and can be anything from a designated challenge.

Your Eco-Tourism slideshow or story included the 
the endangered Bahama Parrot. 

Last Edited By: Susie D Aug 14 16 4:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 30 16 5:39 PM

Round 3 Bonus Scoring:

Secret Ingredients for Greece
~apples
~cinammon
~fresh mint
~haloumi  
~lamb

Secret Ingredients for New York City
~bay scallops
~english muffin
~maple syrup
~sirloin steak
~unsalted butter (must be specifically unsalted)

5 points per recipe with the matching number of steps. 

Round 1: Total steps per recipe: 3 or 10

3 points per recipe

Round 1 Spotlight is on: ~Soup! 
Any soup on the Team 15 list for Greece or New York City earns 3 points per recipe. 

A Big Apple Adventure for NYC included/mentioned  lunch. We have to eat after all. image

Last Edited By: Susie D Aug 28 16 5:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 1 16 9:14 PM

The Round 1 Scorecard for the Sisters Team has been posted in the Scorecard thread. I hope that was right since it's been a couple of yrs for me now plus quite a few changes. image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 2 16 1:49 AM

twissis wrote:

The Round 1 Scorecard for the Sisters Team has been posted in the Scorecard thread. I hope that was right since it's been a couple of yrs for me now plus quite a few changes. image

I only took a quick glance........but lookin' good to me! image

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 5 16 10:42 PM

Scores for Round 1
Congrats everyone!!

TEAM: Σisters of the Traveling Pans
Azores - 140
+5 points chorizo #6

Japan - 120
+5 points daikon #8

Philippines - 69
-5 points - servings 2-4

Round 1 - 329

TEAM:   │ H π 
Azores - 130
+5 points kale #2
+5 points pork shoulder #7
-5 points #10 - 2-4 servings

Japan - 115
No adjustments

Philippines - 109
-5 points #11 - 2-4 servings
+10 points bonus - sprinkles - momaphet, Muffin Goddess

Captain's deadline penalty - minus 25 points

Round 1 - 329

TEAM:  π P Maniacs
Azores - 133
-10 points #2, #8 - 2-4 servings
-5 points #7 review states that collard greens were used rather than kale

Japan - 140
+10 points #5 #6 salmon

Philippines - 99
-5 points 13 steps rather than 12

Round 1 - 372

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 6 16 7:04 AM

You have made a mistake on our scorecard.   I never put down any recipes that said serves 2-4

Azores - 130
+5 points kale #2
-5 points #10 - 2-4 servings

Japan - 115
No adjustments

Philippines - 109
-5 points #11 - 2-4 servings

Captain's deadline penalty - minus 25 points

Round 1 - 329

Here are my recipes for serves 2

Japan
Northwestgal - Salmon Fried Rice by Mikekey     Salmon = 5serves 2 = 5

Azores

sheepdoc, 
 http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pork/pineapple-and-chorizo-kebabs-with-lemon.html?p=1​  Serves 2 = 5

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 7 16 7:36 AM

Hi Lynn,

During the scoring process we were tracking recipes that listed servings as '2-4' in case they could be counted as bonus points. We found 2 recipes that fit this category for your team.  It was determined that these recipes would not count for points and so points were deducted for any team  that claimed them on their scorecard.

You did not have these on your scorecard so you were never given points for them, nor were any points actually deducted.

Your point totals are correct and it was just our mistake of listing those adjustments (that never happened) on your final totals.

Sorry for any confusion. But.......on the bright side.........the scoring team found an extra 20 points for you.

PS
MG can relax. lol. We don't go to the team threads for any information for scoring. Everything we need is on the scorecard you submit to us.

Your revised scores:

Azores - 130
+5 points kale #2

Japan - 115
No adjustments

Philippines - 109

Penalty for late scorecard - minus 25 points

Round 1 - 329

If you have any other questions, please let me know. image

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 7 16 10:33 PM

Are the guides aware that one of the submitted recipes is not accepting reviews or photos?  I have made it and I understand so have two other players (Mikekey sent me an email apologizing).

http://allrecipes.com/personal-recipe/64591710/guava-barbecue-sauce/

Is there a work around?

I sent Mikekey a message because this recipe says "personal" recipe, so maybe it is not actually public, but just shared with us.  I tried to search for it, but three other guava BBQ sauce recipes showed up - not his.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 8 16 12:04 AM

threeovens wrote:
Are the guides aware that one of the submitted recipes is not accepting reviews or photos?  I have made it and I understand so have two other players (Mikekey sent me an email apologizing).

http://allrecipes.com/personal-recipe/64591710/guava-barbecue-sauce/

Is there a work around?

I sent Mikekey a message because this recipe says "personal" recipe, so maybe it is not actually public, but just shared with us.  I tried to search for it, but three other guava BBQ sauce recipes showed up - not his.

Most of the guides (I was absent image) were looking for a work around on this last night. I believe they found a way to do it. Let me go check on this and I'll get back to you on it. image

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 8 16 2:14 AM

FYI: 
 Anyone making Mikekey's recipes or anyone else's over at  ..allrecipes... will need to join the site to leave a review . 

When posting completions of these recipes you will need to provide us with the link to your personal profile page ... along with the recipe link, so that we may follow you.... that will give us the ability to see your reviews....

Thank you for your help in this matter. image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help