#521 [url]

Jan 15 17 1:22 PM

First of all we will start with today's lunch of Nancy'sPantry http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pork/hot-apple-and-cheese-sandwiches.html

and then we will continue with my 60th Birthday celebration -

1st we have lunch which was seafood platter for 2 consisting of a whole crayfish/lobster, salad with 2 dipping sauces on the top tier and on the bottom tier we had chillies, sizzling prawns, 2 marron, a large piece of battered fish, calamari, 6 oysters kilpatrick and chips/fries.

That night I had a seafood crepe (small serve) but forgot to take a pic and same with breakfast the following morning and for lunch but dinner that night I had a seafood salad and the plate was so long I had to take the pic in two parts

This is the first half

and this is the second half of the plate

And for a breakfast of Eggs Benedict the following day (Friday) when we left to go home -

Pat

Quote    Reply   

#523 [url]

Jan 16 17 4:28 AM

OMG...Pat...that looks like enough food to feed an army...I bet it cost a "pretty" penny...I have one of those...and every time I try to use it...they get the manager...will that never ends good...anyway...I bet it tasted out of this world...I'm going to have to show the hubby both yours and Karens birthday dinners...maybe on my next birthday we can go someplace were they don't serve chicken nuggets...hehe...image

Last Edited By: TeresaS Jan 16 17 4:31 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#528 [url]

Jan 16 17 10:22 AM

Teresa the seafood platter was $129 but here in Perth most restaurant sell similar for between $190 to $210 and everything on that platter was fresh and delicious and the view over the ponds and water system were absolutely beautiful as it is a marron and fish farm.  The other meals we had at the restaurant of the motel we stayed at for 2 nights about 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive south from home.  The lunch was about a 45 minute drive south from home and we were there for 2 hours.  Then on Saturday we celebrated with the DD and her partner and the DS for lunch at a local pub and I had an entree size serve of calamari and then the DS, DH and I shared a trio of desserts with a scoop of vanilla bean icecream - the desserts were an apple crumble, sticky date pudding and a chocolate pudding and we all agreed it was a dessert that had to be shared.

Pat

Quote    Reply   

#530 [url]

Jan 17 17 2:00 AM

ImPat wrote:
First of all we will start with today's lunch of Nancy'sPantry http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pork/hot-apple-and-cheese-sandwiches.html

and then we will continue with my 60th Birthday celebration -

1st we have lunch which was seafood platter for 2 consisting of a whole crayfish/lobster, salad with 2 dipping sauces on the top tier and on the bottom tier we had chillies, sizzling prawns, 2 marron, a large piece of battered fish, calamari, 6 oysters kilpatrick and chips/fries.

That night I had a seafood crepe (small serve) but forgot to take a pic and same with breakfast the following morning and for lunch but dinner that night I had a seafood salad and the plate was so long I had to take the pic in two parts

This is the first half

and this is the second half of the plate

And for a breakfast of Eggs Benedict the following day (Friday) when we left to go home -

Pat

Pat,
Your birthday celebrating food looks just AMAZING !!!
It looks like you had a wonderful birthday.

Quote    Reply   

#539 [url]

Jan 22 17 7:17 PM

Yesterday Sunday we went 4 wheel driving with the club to a small seaside town called Lancelin about 2 hours north of were we live and had lunch at a small cafe/restaurant called Kerfuffle and I had there Cajun Calamari but must be honest there was not much Cajun taste but the squid was very tender and the salad was also good and the chips/fries (under the calamari were really good nice a crispy and soft pillows of potato on the inside.

To give you and idea of our day on the dunes the following two photos (sorry the second so blurry) were taken in that the first I took and then turned around and took the second to give you an idea of the terrain -

image (this is facing inland)

image (just white sand and the sea)

Pat

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help