#21 [url]

Apr 27 15 1:56 PM

Joy, thank you for all the recipes!

Art and Kitchen, I loved to read all your stories and look at your photo slides on your blog on Indonesia. Middle Eastern thread also led me to look up your Greek and Crete recipes, which looked wonderful. I did not know the Greek also make Acciughe/Boquerones - those are real favorites for me when I am in both countries! I have only made them at home once, as finding fresh anchovies is a real feat.

Maito

Quote    Reply   

#22 [url]

Apr 29 15 3:30 AM

Maito wrote:

Art and Kitchen, I loved to read all your stories and look at your photo slides on your blog on Indonesia. Middle Eastern thread also led me to look up your Greek and Crete recipes, which looked wonderful. I did not know the Greek also make Acciughe/Boquerones - those are real favorites for me when I am in both countries! I have only made them at home once, as finding fresh anchovies is a real feat.

Thanks Maito - y ou know, finding fresh anchovies or even sardines is not easy - that was what was so lovely in Cyprus. fresh sardines on a bed of salad and tomatoes was pure heaven

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Apr 29 15 1:35 PM

Joyfulcook wrote:

Maito wrote:

Thanks Maito - y ou know, finding fresh anchovies or even sardines is not easy - that was what was so lovely in Cyprus. fresh sardines on a bed of salad and tomatoes was pure heaven

Definitely heaven, if you haven't had them in Spain or Italy (Liguria, I think mostly?), save those names above to definitely try next time!

Maito

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help