#3 [url]

Apr 16 15 7:16 PM

I admit; Asian is not something I cook very often.
Probably a stir fry every now and then with shrimp or chicken or fried rice; but, that is about it. An occasional egg roll, egg foo yung, etc.

When, I want Asian food; I usually go out; because I like a variety; so my friends and I will order many dishes.
I love Thai, Japanese, Chinese; and, others; but, for me ... I don't make it too often other than a stir fry.

But, I admire all that make it all the time. I do enjoy all the flavors too.

Now, something I do like ... a noodle bowl. Love it; but, don't make it often, but, I do enjoy it.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 17 15 8:23 PM

When I was younger, I cooked Asian four times a week. Not quite so often now. I picked up a bahn mi sandwich for lunch yesterday, it kept me going all day.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 18 15 12:50 AM

Cookgirl wrote:
This is on the menu for tomorrow (part of the For Your Consideration tag game):

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-chicken/orange-five-spice-roasted-chicken.html?p=2

For the past six months or so I have designated Thursdays for trying a new Asian recipe for dinner. I'm not
very confident with Asian cuisine. Getting better...!

Cookgirl, that looks really nice - I must try it myself!  I love the idea of once a week trying a differnt Asian recipe - thinking aloud........ I could do that for any country - well thats food for thought

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 18 15 3:04 AM

Cookgirl wrote:
Sounds like a good plan to me, Joyful! "Baby steps".

I agree- baby steps means that you dont get put off by being put off by tyrying too much too soon

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 18 15 3:08 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
I admit; Asian is not something I cook very often.
Probably a stir fry every now and then with shrimp or chicken or fried rice; but, that is about it. An occasional egg roll, egg foo yung, etc.

When, I want Asian food; I usually go out; because I like a variety; so my friends and I will order many dishes.
I love Thai, Japanese, Chinese; and, others; but, for me ... I don't make it too often other than a stir fry.

But, I admire all that make it all the time. I do enjoy all the flavors too.

Now, something I do like ... a noodle bowl. Love it; but, don't make it often, but, I do enjoy it.

Kim, a lot of people don't cook Asian often but if you start my trying a few marinades its a good start, have a look at these. later on we can go Chinese and Curries etc, but there is a lot more than currys too,

jjust check these out

http://australian.food.com/recipe/lemon-baked-chicken-160278

http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-lamb-marinade-176184
http://thai.food.com/recipe/spicy-thai-grilled-chicken-155504

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 18 15 10:13 AM

Oh, I love Chinese curry, it is so different from other kinds. I have tons of Asian recipes posted at fooddotcom and moved one over to zazz now. I speaks a lot, because I only have 50 recipes posted and they are all ones I have made and loved. I did not make this this week, but recently - my favorite bahn mi recipe (thanks Duonyte for reminding me):

http://www.food.com/recipe/banh-mi-vietnamese-sandwiches-b-nh-mi-284249

Maito

Last Edited By: Maito Apr 18 15 11:01 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 20 15 9:41 AM

I have been cooking mostly Caribbean and Pacific, but did squeeze in some Singapore Noodles. Soon I will be doing grilled Chinese riblets, braised pork belly, Bun Bo Hway soup, ramen with seafood, Hong su Har, and Homestyle bean curd. I also want to do some Korean ribs in the next month since it is warm again, and also Korean street sushi.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 20 15 9:55 PM

Maito wrote:
Sounds amazing, Sue.

Thanks. We eat a lot of Asian food, so much so that people think my name might have an Asian origin (it does not). Since I moved to Cincinnati, the whole shopping experience has so much improved (it wasn't bad before) that I feel like the world of Asia is at my fingertips. These shops here are fabulous! Lots of things I haven't ever seen before, especially with the produce and the pantry sections are mind boggling. I am like a kid in a candy shop!

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 22 15 2:44 PM

Me too. We have grocery stores that pretty much only carry Chinese ingredients and they are bigger than a Safeway! I love walking up and down the jar aisles for sauces. Millions of kinds of brown bean sauce alone.

Maito

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 23 15 12:35 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
Thx Joyful, I do need to try a few and make more. I know the ladies I cook for would love to try some too!!

If you really want to try something like this for your ladies, I am probably guessing when I say that you want something not too hot or too spicy to start off with? I hav e a few good ideas for you

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help