Lead

Apr 11 15 9:22 AM

Tags : :

This list was the start of my quest to post an alphabetic list of the countries of each continent ... 

A – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria & Azerbaijan
B – Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina & Bulgaria
C – Croatia, Cyprus & Czech Republic
D – Denmark
E – Estonia
F – Finland & France
G – Georgia, Germany & Greece
H – Hungary
I – Iceland, Ireland & Italy
K – Kazakhstan & Kosovo
L – Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania & Luxembourg
M – Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco & Montenegro
N – Netherlands & Norway
P – Poland & Portugal
R – Romania & Russia
S – San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland
T – Turkey
U – Ukraine & United Kingdom
V – Vatican City (Holy See)

>>> Before anyone else besides me notices & points out an odd thing about my “Countries by Continent” lists for Asia & Europe, I should tell you that the lists were copied from https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com. It did not escape me that Asia & Europe appear to have countries “in dispute”. Other than possibly the break-up of the Soviet Union, I really cannot explain with any certainty why their “home continent” is disputed or in doubt, but the following countries appear on both lists:

A – Armenia & Azerbaijan
C – Cyprus
G – Georgia
K – Kazakhstan
R – Russia
T – Turkey

Last Edited By: twissis Apr 11 15 10:26 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Apr 11 15 10:30 AM

Twissis, thank you for all these! It makes us travel lovers long for all those places we have not yet been. I am fascinated, and it is interesting that I have been to a third of the countries in Europe vs. a quarter of the continent I live on. I would be interested in others' travel experience too!

Maito

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 12 15 8:41 PM

Could we link to a map with pins for countries visited? Trip Advisor has something like that.  (No, I have no idea how to do that and I have a computer that's obsolete and ready to die!)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 13 15 3:45 AM

Raclette is a Swiss/French dish, that really was first used in the ski huts after a hard days skiing - lots of fun eating this meal, love the complete idea and you can change so many ingredients too to suit your taste 

image image 

Last Edited By: Joyfulcook Apr 13 15 4:08 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 13 15 4:20 AM

Joyfulcook wrote:
Raclette is a Swiss/French dish, that really was first used in the ski huts after a hard days skiing - lots of fun eating this meal, love the complete idea and you can change so many ingredients too to suit your taste 

image image 

sorry I posted this in the wrong place and can not delete it

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help