#21 [url]

Jun 10 15 7:16 PM

Hi Everyone! I've been home from the hosp now for 10 dys, but progress has been extremely slow & there have been ongoing strikes here adding to the issues. I'm just not going to be able to contribute much for a while & will let Susie, Vickie, etc know.

ImPat ... Go ahead & do your post by starting a new topic under the Australia section. Good Luck. 

Quote    Reply   

#22 [url]

Jun 10 15 10:59 PM

hi guys!  I used to love hanging out in the aussie  forum.  Too bad there wasn't more migration to here. Anywho, just a thought,  but shouldn't we wait until after the culinary quest to start anything about the cuisine by continent?  Perhaps this forum could host a contest during the quest by way of introduction to get more folks interested. 

I'm sort of an idea person and could help with whatever you'd like. I am especially into Latin American cuisine and Mediterranean. 

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jun 11 15 12:45 AM

twissis wrote:
Hi Everyone! I've been home from the hosp now for 10 dys, but progress has been extremely slow & there have been ongoing strikes here adding to the issues. I'm just not going to be able to contribute much for a while & will let Susie, Vickie, etc know.

ImPat ... Go ahead & do your post by starting a new topic under the Australia section. Good Luck. 

Good to hear from you - sorry that things are so slow! just get better and try to relax, but its great to see you even just posting

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jun 11 15 12:50 AM

ImPat wrote:
Hi Joy, Twissis and Lori Mama - I have some holiday snaps of our trip so far to Kalbarri and would like to share in the Aussie section of FFF&F but not sure in which section so if you would like them posted please let me know where or as Maito suggested start a new thread and if so how?

Pat

Sounds a good idea Pat - look at the top of the page and on the right and it says new topic then under that it says search topic. click onto the new topic give it a heading and your away! look forward to it, are yo uback home yet??

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jun 11 15 12:52 AM

threeovens wrote:
hi guys!  I used to love hanging out in the aussie  forum.  Too bad there wasn't more migration to here. Anywho, just a thought,  but shouldn't we wait until after the culinary quest to start anything about the cuisine by continent?  Perhaps this forum could host a contest during the quest by way of introduction to get more folks interested. 

I'm sort of an idea person and could help with whatever you'd like. I am especially into Latin American cuisine and Mediterranean. 

I think thats a good idea, when does the culinary quest stop? and it will give us a chance to get something up and running..... remember we used to do one where you just tagged the last person and did one of their recipes - that was good and easy too

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jun 11 15 7:11 AM

I don't know when it ends, but signups start July 10.  I think it goes for 6 weeks, so that is enough time to come up with firm plans.  Although, I think a tag game could go on during, I just don't think you'll get a lot of traffic during the quest.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jun 11 15 5:52 PM

threeovens wrote:
I don't know when it ends, but signups start July 10.  I think it goes for 6 weeks, so that is enough time to come up with firm plans.  Although, I think a tag game could go on during, I just don't think you'll get a lot of traffic during the quest.

well, it will give us time to really sort a few things out

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 11 15 6:03 PM

twissis wrote:

ImPat wrote:
Looking forward to some lively discussions. image
Pat

We are too, Pat. Does FF&F have other members who are mostly identified w/the Australian Continent like yourself?

I have dual nationality, Autralian/British. lived in Australia for nearly 40 years - gret place

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jun 11 15 8:02 PM

O'Kay but will have to start it after initial recover from surgery.  We pack up tomorrow (Friday) leave early Saturday and pre-celebrate DD's birthday Sunday (still have to buy birthday present on Sunday morning) into hospital pm Monday and surgery on Tuesday, still have photos to upload so will bring it all together after surgery.

Twissis please forgive me I forgot about your surgery problems and quite honestly wondering what landed you in hospital twice.

Pat

Last Edited By: ImPat Jun 11 15 8:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jun 11 15 11:55 PM

ImPat wrote:
O'Kay but will have to start it after initial recover from surgery.  We pack up tomorrow (Friday) leave early Saturday and pre-celebrate DD's birthday Sunday (still have to buy birthday present on Sunday morning) into hospital pm Monday and surgery on Tuesday, still have photos to upload so will bring it all together after surgery.

Twissis please forgive me I forgot about your surgery problems and quite honestly wondering what landed you in hospital twice.

Pat

Pat will be thinking of you, have a safe trip back home, and take care

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Jun 13 15 6:12 PM

We have just arrived home safely and it is just after 7.00pm and have booked our favourite Italian for dinner couldn't get in till 8.00pm.  Had a great 10 days ain Kalbarri.  Tomorrow we meet up with the DD and her partner for lunch (don't know where or exact time yet) and have to pick up her birthday present on the way (her birthday is on the 17th).  On Monday I go into hospital in the evening and surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 16th.  So just when I will talk to you all again I don't know for sure but enjoy.

Pat

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 13 15 9:30 PM

Not long back it was a lovely meal - had my camera out to take a photo but by the time it came out I just wanted to eat and it wasn't till I was a good bit through that I realized I hadn't take a shot of it but it was tiger prawns with balmain bug meat with a pesto sauce over spaghetti - couldn't eat as much of the spaghetti as I would have liked but my bgl's are slightly elevated so have to go carefully with the carbs but the prawns and the pesto sauce were fantastic but way to little of the balmain bug meat but did enjoy the the flecks of chilli through the dish added a little zing.  DH had the veal saltimbocca over mashed potato but did find the prosciutto a little salty but enjoyed.

Pat

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jun 14 15 3:15 AM

oh my Pat that meal sound wonderful no wonder you were half way through before you thought of a picture. you described it really well, do you know what it was called??

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help