#21 [url]

Apr 26 15 9:43 PM

Welcome Anne!

Thanks so very much for sharing some recipe blogs.image

I love the step by step on the Caprese Lasana Roll Ups which look and sound wonderful.

The Honey Salmon in Foil sounds so healthy and simple.

And that Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing just perfect for summer.

Looking forward to coming back here and trying a few of your recommendation Anne.image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#22 [url]

Apr 30 15 12:20 AM

I feel sort of weird not knowing if this forum is about blogging, about sharing stuff from blogs or sharing stuff from websites.
I have a lot to share for anyone interested in blogging, although I don't profess to know it all.
If it is sharing stuff I find, I do that by pinterest on my good eats board. It is a group board, meaning if you want to be able to pin recipes to it, let me know. You have to follow all my boards first (not trying to get followers that way) because it is the only way a person's name comes up in the list to be added. Here is a link- give it a gander and pinch what you would like, or ask to be added to add stuff to it. https://www.pinterest.com/suelau1/good-eats/ ~~~~~Msg me here or on pinterest. I do have a couple other boards for group pinning. Not all of them are, and some I don't manage so I cant add there either. Just ask if you are interested about any one. I'll be happy to let you know.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Apr 30 15 9:42 AM

Hi Sue,

It was brought up that some of our posters wanted a place where they could share any and everything to do with blogging.

During the planning of this thread it was brought up that we need to cover those who wanted to know more about blogging, was also brought up that it would be nice to have a way to quickly and easily reference blogs we liked or found interesting.

It was my decision just to put them together in order to try and draw more interest and to get people talking to each other, either by asking question about blogging or about a blog they saw they liked maybe even just one they thought would be good to save and come back to.

So the short answer to your question is it is about blogging, sharing and talking. If it gets too hard to fallow on down the road I will split them out.Hope this helps clear things up.

Sue you are always free to msg me as well either here or on FB.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

May 15 15 1:28 AM

I am currently updating my blog love links list. If you blog and want an inbound link, let me know. Dead links and abandoned blogs get removed.
And as a FYI, Google does not impact links negatively unless your blog is *mostly* links or the links lead to shady sites. Blogs with good outstanding links actually get rewarded, I know there is some confusion about that.
I don't have any negative page rank issues whatsoever with links.
So let me know.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

May 15 15 1:36 AM

Asking first before I drop a link, but is it ok to put an address to a fb group in here where bloggers and everyone else can feel free to put their photo and a link to the recipe to help publicize it?
It is mostly bloggers but I do accept photos with a link to the recipe as long as the photo belongs to the person and the recipe is linked (don't post the full recipe to one that is not yours, just the link, and x-out any photos on fb that pop up that aren't yours)
Not fishing for members--just trying to offer blogger opportunities. And also ways for nonbloggers to promote their recipes.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

May 15 15 2:43 AM

Sue Lau wrote:
Asking first before I drop a link, but is it ok to put an address to a fb group in here where bloggers and everyone else can feel free to put their photo and a link to the recipe to help publicize it?
It is mostly bloggers but I do accept photos with a link to the recipe as long as the photo belongs to the person and the recipe is linked (don't post the full recipe to one that is not yours, just the link, and x-out any photos on fb that pop up that aren't yours)
Not fishing for members--just trying to offer blogger opportunities. And also ways for nonbloggers to promote their recipes.

I'm definitley interested. I'm trying to find my motivation on the blog, so having some new people check out my recipes could help. 

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

May 15 15 2:44 AM

Sue Lau wrote:
I am currently updating my blog love links list. If you blog and want an inbound link, let me know. Dead links and abandoned blogs get removed.
And as a FYI, Google does not impact links negatively unless your blog is *mostly* links or the links lead to shady sites. Blogs with good outstanding links actually get rewarded, I know there is some confusion about that.
So let me know.

I'd love to be on your link love list. 

I have 2 blogs, but guessing only one should go on the list.

Future Expat is recipes, dogs, travel and life. http://futureexpat.com
Arch City Homes is about St. Louis and real estate. http://www.archcityhomes.com/blog ...but doubt you would want to post that one which is totally ok with me. Not likely to be of interest to your readers. 

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

May 15 15 7:39 AM

karenstl wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:
So let me know.

I'd love to be on your link love list. 

I have 2 blogs, but guessing only one should go on the list.

Future Expat is recipes, dogs, travel and life. http://futureexpat.com
Arch City Homes is about St. Louis and real estate. http://www.archcityhomes.com/blog ...but doubt you would want to post that one which is totally ok with me. Not likely to be of interest to your readers. 

I added you to my links.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 15 15 7:44 AM

karenstl wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:

I'm definitley interested. I'm trying to find my motivation on the blog, so having some new people check out my recipes could help. 

Sometimes I get discouraged. Taking a break can help, and spend your time cleaning up the older pages. It keeps your rank high during a hiatus because to Google, pages with revisions are sort of like new posts. They like it and call it the "freshness factor."
Serious blogging is hard work! It's quite easy to blog a recipe archive, the way we put recipes on Zaar. Quite a different animal to get paid doing it. The social media thing is insane.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

May 15 15 9:33 AM

Sue Lau wrote:

karenstl wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:

Sometimes I get discouraged. Taking a break can help, and spend your time cleaning up the older pages. It keeps your rank high during a hiatus because to Google, pages with revisions are sort of like new posts. They like it and call it the "freshness factor."
Serious blogging is hard work! It's quite easy to blog a recipe archive, the way we put recipes on Zaar. Quite a different animal to get paid doing it. The social media thing is insane.

Thanks for adding me to your link list. And I agree completely that blogging is hard work. Last year I decided to go for it and try to make some money off of it (after blogging since 2007!). And I did. I've done some sponsored posts and received some free product that I wanted. In fact, I just got an unsolicited email a couple of days ago about doing a sponsored review of a dog harness. They'll send me a free one for my dog to try, my choice, and let me do a giveaway for my readers. And I make a little money every month off Google ads.

But, all of the stuff that goes with promoting your blog and paying attention to SEO has got me burnt out. For the few hundrew dollars a year I make, I could make that easily if I put half of the energy into just picking up one more real estate client. So right now I'm taking the attitude that I don't care what Google wants and how regular I post. I'm not doing the printable recipe cards with the plug-in and not going nuts with promotion. And I'm only posting when I feel like it, which means my categories aren't as evenly distributed and I go weeks between posts. I'm feeling better about it since it is a hobby...and I have no desire to turn it into something that feels like a chore. 

I love sharing recipes and having people I know try them and get excited about them. I love sharing pictures of my dog and my foster dogs and my travels. So for now, I'm going to just do what I feel like doing and forget the rest. 

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

May 16 15 8:54 AM

Karen your homes for sale are fun to look at but the Future Expate blog with the dogs and food is really fun and so well organized. Not sure who I enjoyed more Milo or Odus and did Odus ever find a home? (no I cannot take him but he is mighty cute and looks like a real joy)

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

May 17 15 10:50 PM

karenstl wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:

karenstl wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:

Thanks for adding me to your link list. And I agree completely that blogging is hard work. Last year I decided to go for it and try to make some money off of it (after blogging since 2007!). And I did. I've done some sponsored posts and received some free product that I wanted. In fact, I just got an unsolicited email a couple of days ago about doing a sponsored review of a dog harness. They'll send me a free one for my dog to try, my choice, and let me do a giveaway for my readers. And I make a little money every month off Google ads.

But, all of the stuff that goes with promoting your blog and paying attention to SEO has got me burnt out. For the few hundrew dollars a year I make, I could make that easily if I put half of the energy into just picking up one more real estate client. So right now I'm taking the attitude that I don't care what Google wants and how regular I post. I'm not doing the printable recipe cards with the plug-in and not going nuts with promotion. And I'm only posting when I feel like it, which means my categories aren't as evenly distributed and I go weeks between posts. I'm feeling better about it since it is a hobby...and I have no desire to turn it into something that feels like a chore. 

I love sharing recipes and having people I know try them and get excited about them. I love sharing pictures of my dog and my foster dogs and my travels. So for now, I'm going to just do what I feel like doing and forget the rest. 

Sponsors are probably more interested in social media demographics than SEO. I don't do adsense (don't want it)
If you want a following, though, you should post something at least once a week or people will stop coming. This doesn't have to do with Google but the subscribers you already have.
Google SEO is for growth, not maintenance.
As for product offers, I am not into doing posts for product, especially when it is about unrelated things. I get offers for cook things, but I don't do a post for a testimonial and a free whisk. If they want to include product with the fee, they are welcome to do so. But I don't do posts for products I wouldn't use myself. I turned down being a brand ambassador for companies because I don't like their product. To be honest, I think they just looked at numbers, liked those, but didn't read my blog so are unaware of how ridiculous they sounded.
If I were to do blogs on diverse subjects, I would do that on a different blog to keep the subject/niche as small as possible.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

May 17 15 11:00 PM

Debbwl wrote:

Yes Sue you can post links here we like them and no they do not have to be your own. image

Okeys.

This group is for bloggers and also those who post their own photos. Delicious Recipes
The photo in your post must belong to you and if it is on the accompanying recipe link, the name on the photo must be yours, or attached to your FB account somehow (so I can verify it).
Post recipe links only, don't post the recipe in the message body. I don't want to host the recipe.
Photos with recipe links are not accepted. If you want to share photos you have taken yourself that don't have the recipe link, do it in the FOOD PHOTOS group.
The second group is not mine but is apropos and associated with former Zaar members.

If you want to know about other FB groups for blogger opps, message me privately. There are a number of different kinds.

Oh and the Del Recipes is NOT my FB fan page. I had asked someone I know if they wanted in it and they wanted me to "follow them first" as if they were doing me a favor. I run the group out of the goodness of my heart, it doesn't help my blog more than any other person in the group. I do have a FB fan page, but this is not it.

Visit my blog:

Last Edited By: Sue Lau May 17 15 11:02 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

May 18 15 1:35 AM

Debbwl wrote:
Karen your homes for sale are fun to look at but the Future Expate blog with the dogs and food is really fun and so well organized. Not sure who I enjoyed more Milo or Odus and did Odus ever find a home? (no I cannot take him but he is mighty cute and looks like a real joy)

I'm glad you found Future Expat well organized. I know that it's best to keep to a tight topic if you want to turn the blog into a business and make money, but that isn't my goal. And I have a half dozen things I want to write about but I always worry that people will find it confusing with me bouncing between recipes and dogs and occassionally something else. 

And yes, Odus did get adopted. To some people who live 4 doors away. I had not met them when I got their application as I just moved to my house about 4 months earlier so it was a huge coincidence. They renamed Odus, he is now Mesa. His new owners have become friends and they actually came over to visit this morning. I love seeing Mesa and he gets really excited to see me, and he just runs around my house and yard like he still lives there. And Milo gets so excited when he comes over to. Both dogs pull to the opposite yard whenever they go on walks. It's so cute. 

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

May 18 15 1:37 AM

Sue Lau wrote:

Debbwl wrote:

Yes Sue you can post links here we like them and no they do not have to be your own. image

Okeys.

This group is for bloggers and also those who post their own photos. Delicious Recipes
The photo in your post must belong to you and if it is on the accompanying recipe link, the name on the photo must be yours, or attached to your FB account somehow (so I can verify it).
Post recipe links only, don't post the recipe in the message body. I don't want to host the recipe.
Photos with recipe links are not accepted. If you want to share photos you have taken yourself that don't have the recipe link, do it in the FOOD PHOTOS group.
The second group is not mine but is apropos and associated with former Zaar members.

If you want to know about other FB groups for blogger opps, message me privately. There are a number of different kinds.

Oh and the Del Recipes is NOT my FB fan page. I had asked someone I know if they wanted in it and they wanted me to "follow them first" as if they were doing me a favor. I run the group out of the goodness of my heart, it doesn't help my blog more than any other person in the group. I do have a FB fan page, but this is not it.

Just sent a request to join your group. Will be fun to have another place to share my pictures of the recipes I try here. 

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

May 19 15 7:25 AM

Sue Lau wrote:

Debbwl wrote:

Okeys.

Thanks image all added to page one.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

May 19 15 7:26 AM

karenstl wrote:

Debbwl wrote:

I'm glad you found Future Expat well organized. I know that it's best to keep to a tight topic if you want to turn the blog into a business and make money, but that isn't my goal. And I have a half dozen things I want to write about but I always worry that people will find it confusing with me bouncing between recipes and dogs and occassionally something else. 

And yes, Odus did get adopted. To some people who live 4 doors away. I had not met them when I got their application as I just moved to my house about 4 months earlier so it was a huge coincidence. They renamed Odus, he is now Mesa. His new owners have become friends and they actually came over to visit this morning. I love seeing Mesa and he gets really excited to see me, and he just runs around my house and yard like he still lives there. And Milo gets so excited when he comes over to. Both dogs pull to the opposite yard whenever they go on walks. It's so cute. 

imageHow cool that the boys can still be friends and play together

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help