#41 [url]

Apr 13 15 7:28 PM

Debbwl wrote:
CS hope you had a birthday that was as great and tasty as that breakfast which by the way is so yummers there are no words.

My breakfast was really good. But my birthday was in Jan.. image

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Apr 13 15 7:32 PM

Debbwl wrote:
Well yesterday turned out to be a bit hectic.

I was to have my monthly lunch with the girls but DH booked another contractor for the exact same time, was all excited when the contractor showed early thinking I could still make lunch.

Well the contractor took 2.5 hours making miss lunch but I did make dessert thus getting a short visit in.So today made what I had planned for yesterday and never got to make.

I marinated very thin sliced beef in balsamic vinegar. Then wrap around a asparagus and baked, baked the smashed potatoes and rosemary parmesan tomatoes at the same time.    

Looks really good Deb. image

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Apr 13 15 10:44 PM

Deb and Starry; both look delicious! Not much here; been going though leftovers - so no pics. GF and I enjoyed the cacciatore last night; although served over rice this time. Tonight just chicken noodle soup/salad, so no pics. But, I great way to clean out the fridge.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Apr 14 15 7:09 PM

This was brunch one morning last week with my gf, that I forgot to post.

I had way too many extra roasted potatoes in a foil pouch on the grill; so, I threw in some red peppers, green peppers, onion, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder - and pan fried them. Sort of Mexican potatoes.

I had 1 lonely chorizo link; so sauteed that with a little onion. Also, sauteed cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, a little chili powder and cumin; until they broke down and started to thicken up.

The omlette itself - basic egg mix, then provolone, the chorizo mix, thin slices of avocado, cilantro, a bit more cheese; folded up and topped with the tomato/pepper mix w/cilantro.

Enjoyed with Mexican mimosas; which is mango or OJ, lime juice, tequilla, sparkling water; and a whole jalapeno, slit open in the glass.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Apr 15 15 7:36 AM

Starrynews yes want to see kitchen phots imageNot sure which looks taster the fries or the sandwich, my kind of lunch.

Kim so glad you had time with your GF imageLOL you forgot to post that fantastic Mexican brunch due to one too many Mexican mimosas, just teasing have never heard of a Mexican mimosa but now want to try and think you brunch looks simply delicious. 

CS your Easter dinner look yummier than yummy, can tell you all had a great Easter.image

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Apr 15 15 8:08 AM

FYI my life has gone from busy to nuts and while I will pop in ever evning to drool over photos and chat I may not be getting to many photos taken.

Saturday will be dinner for one but am hopping to make it something nice and get a photo image

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Apr 17 15 3:58 PM

Pan blackened mangrove snapper (I caught it the other night) w/cucumber salsa (cucumber, scallions, jalapeno, lime juice, olive oil, s/p); stuffed grilled zucchini (tomato, onion, peppers, olives, bread crumbs, cheese).
Easy dinner.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Apr 18 15 8:47 PM

Kim that looks wonderful and love the mix of colors and textures.
I am making myself a Morrocan dinner tonight so hopping to get a good photo for you.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Apr 19 15 11:38 AM

Oh, just pass that over. LOVE every bit of that. Eggplant, couscous and chicken. And, a big fan of preserved lemons; and olives ... always in my fridge. Lovely!!

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Apr 19 15 8:16 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Apr 19 15 11:13 PM

Both recipes were tweaks of recipes I had seen on printrest.

The eggplant needed a little kick without adding heat and was thinking maybe just a tiny bit more vinegar would do the trick.    

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Apr 20 15 1:27 AM

Deb, vinegars are such are nice addition as is citrus. I often add them at the end of cooking of prior to serving. They add a nice as you said ... "tang." A brighness to a heavier or richer dish.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 21 15 7:49 PM

I am eating, lol.

Both, crappy pics; but thought I would share. Leftovers are a good thing.
Leftover broccoli ham quiche (right from the freezer); and garden greeens, fresh picked tomatoes too. I used a nice balsamic dressing and had fruit on the side.

Steak salad ... IT was way more pink, but looks brown. Grilled onions and tomatoes; cucumber, egg, mixed greens, and a peppercorn dressing. I also had a nice 5 grain roll with honey butter.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help