#21 [url]

Apr 8 15 6:54 AM

Starrynews your garden sounds wonderful. I planted some basil and went out the next day and it was all but gone don’t know what ate it but all I had left was some stems and bits of leaves. image

Twissis what a fantastic idea for pretty, easy and spring/summer plating I love it. I do marvel at some of the things FT/ Karen does. Thanks so very much for bring it over. image

imageKim

As for me worked OT last night and tonight as well as meeting with another contractor. Last night DH did not even wait for dinner to hit the plate he ate all the makings as I was cutting and trying to put it together, you would have thought his throat was cut LOL.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Apr 8 15 5:51 PM

I live on a lake; so, birds, ducks, turtles, and deer. I have a spray that I use around the plants; otherwise ... bye bye plants, lol.

This was Easter dinner. Ham w/a basic brown sugar glaze, roasted asparagus, Bush's baked beans jazzed up; and, classic spud salad.
With just me and my son, I wasn't going to make a big batch of beans.
Night 2, the ham I served cold; and, no asparagus.  Now, tons of leftovers.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Apr 8 15 8:40 PM

Okay, here's my latest "Kitchen Triumph" & I'm not referring to the pic. image -- I have a confession to make. I am severely "Yeast-Phobic". This is only the 2nd time I've made a recipe w/yeast as an ingredient that wasn't a start-to-finish ABM recipe. This recipe for "Bacon Casserole Bread" by SusieQusie from F.com was the 1st time, but it hardly qualified as it was done w/a stand mixer & was easy-peasy even for me.

Now this is the 2nd effort (done just yesterday) & I do humbly consider it a duly-qualified "Kitchen Triumph"! I challenged myself to overcome my fear of yeast & make http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/garlic-monkey-bread-automatic-bread-machine-4461 by Dissie. There was drama (a lot of it) BUT there was success. image   

*** They were both made in the same Pyrex casserole baking dish & the 1st one is nestled in its lid ***

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Apr 9 15 7:00 AM

Starry just laughing at the thought of you out in the yard chasing bunnies like old Mrs. McGregor from the Peter Rabbit tale.

Oh Kim a lake with birds, ducks, turtles and deer sounds truly like a slice of heaven. The whole dinner looks good but the asparagus and potato salad have my taste buds dancing with anticipation.

Twissis you did good and congrats on getting past your yeast-phobia! I can imagine how wonderful that bread smells and no monkeying around with that monkey bread because it looks like a true feast waiting to happen.  

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Apr 9 15 6:47 PM

Fresh bread is the absolute best ... to eat; and, smell it as it bakes. I am also yeast phobic
Thx Deb, I love a good ham dinner - classic, but, it is always good.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Apr 9 15 9:23 PM

This is a nice simple way to prepare fish. Any white fish; or, even salmon or scallops. I used mangrove snapper in this pic.
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/spicy-pineapple-salsa-11741

And, if fresh pineapple isn't available, use a good canned pineapple in natural juice and drain well. The recipe calls for sugar, IF the pineapple isn't too sweet; but, you can use a drizzle of honey too.

Simply season the fish with any good all purpose citrus or ALL purpose Mrs Dash seasoning. Even salt and pepper is fine. But, you can always spice it up if you want. Saute in a little olive oil.

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Apr 10 15 4:45 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Apr 10 15 6:46 PM

Easy Dinner.

Portabello stuffed with ham, diced canned potatoes, frozen spinach, onions, shredded white cheddar.  Simply mix, stuff and bake. Make sure to add a little seasoning, s/p.
Makes for a nice lunch or light dinner.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Apr 11 15 7:05 AM

We had an egg sandwich as I got home late after doing some counter and cabinet shopping before meeting with the next contractor about our kitchen.

Sorry not to good as they were shot with my cell phone.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Apr 11 15 7:51 PM

Classic mac and cheese w/ham; and, BBQ pan sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and tomaoes.

And Deb, your cabinets and counters look beautiful!

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Apr 12 15 6:57 AM

Who doesn’t love a good mac & cheese with ham? But it is the veggies I am all a slather over they look so flavorful.

Thanks Kim but looks like those are not going to be the cabinets after all as the contractor that came by today said if you love them we can do them but here are two less expensive types for you to go look at while you are still in the planning stage. He also asked me to go check out three more grant places and this guy is not even the one we have hired, he is just in the running.    

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Apr 12 15 4:46 PM

Thx Deb, it was just a nice way, rather than just a plain saute. And super quick too. With the BBQ sauce; it would be really good with grilled chicken or sausages.

Cabinet shopping and counters is fun; but, can be time consuming and not all that easy either.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Apr 13 15 3:20 AM

YUMMY! That looks way better than my cottage cheese after I came home fishing. I definitely needed one of those. And nice looking biscuits.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Apr 13 15 4:13 AM

Well yesterday turned out to be a bit hectic.

I was to have my monthly lunch with the girls but DH booked another contractor for the exact same time, was all excited when the contractor showed early thinking I could still make lunch.

Well the contractor took 2.5 hours making miss lunch but I did make dessert thus getting a short visit in.So today made what I had planned for yesterday and never got to make.

I marinated very thin sliced beef in balsamic vinegar. Then wrap around a asparagus and baked, baked the smashed potatoes and rosemary parmesan tomatoes at the same time.    

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help