#182 [url]

Jun 25 15 7:18 AM

Kim very tasty close up of the cheese artichoke casserole. Love the photo of the egg baked in the roll and that you paired it with sausage as my first thought would have been fruit but think your idea of sausage is better looking and am so sure tastier.  

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#183 [url]

Jun 25 15 7:22 AM

Vampires beware I am on a garlic kick tonight. Made pan fried garlic chicken breast, couscous made with chicken stock and garlic Brussels sprouts, which over cooked due to getting distracted but were still good.image

Quote    Reply   

#184 [url]

Jun 25 15 5:32 PM

Debbwl wrote:
Kim very tasty close up of the cheese artichoke casserole. Love the photo of the egg baked in the roll and that you paired it with sausage as my first thought would have been fruit but think your idea of sausage is better looking and am so sure tastier.  

Deb, I usually do serve with fruit on the side; a small parfait with vanilla or honey yogurt. But, it is one of the few times I do make fresh sausage. The egg roll isn't too big; so, I find the sausage is really nice with it. I use sage and honey in mine. They are fun to make for guests. Prep all the rolls, then just drop and egg in and bake. They don't take long which is nice/z

And, thx for the artichoke ... it is rich; and super stupid easy ... but everyone always loves it.

Also, love your garlic dinner. I add garlic to everything; so, I'm good with that. Also, I love couscous. A nice simple dinner, tasty!!

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#185 [url]

Jun 28 15 10:05 PM

Got a beautiful papaya for this morning’s breakfast, as I was thinking about what to put with it the morning news was doing a cooking segment making a sweet potato and kale hash with chicken sausage. Well did not have most kale or sausage so took what I had on hand and made a sweet potato, shaved Brussels sprout and bacon hash with an egg on top.image

Quote    Reply   

#188 [url]

Jun 30 15 8:27 AM

Grilled Swordfish with Cucumber-Green Mango Salsa

The swordfish is simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and ground coriander.  Then it's grilled for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.  The salsa is chopped cucumber, green mango (frozen from a Latin grocer - it's sour), lime juice, ground coriander, cilantro, and chopped green onions.  Salt and pepper too.  And a tiny squirt of agave nectar (sugar is fine, too).

And yes, I did yell at my husband for buying it because swordfish is not sustainable.  It has been over-fished.

Quote    Reply   

#191 [url]

Jun 30 15 4:24 PM

Absolutely stunning photo. I know too swordfish is not sustainable; but, I don't eat it too often. Besides it is delicious.
And, that recipe sounds wonderful!!

Quote    Reply   

#192 [url]

Jun 30 15 7:56 PM

This looks fancy; but, actually easy. Orzo, which cooks very quick, roasted asparagus ... line a pan with foil for NO clean up, the fish ... a quick pan saute; and, the hollandaise made in a blender.One (1) lemon cut in half. 1 half squeezed and the half thrown right in the orzo as it cooks. Finish with s/p and a drizzle of olive oil.The asparagus ... the other lemon half squeezed over the asparagus, a little olive oil, lemon pepper, and kosher. Tossed and roasted.The fish ... egg whites to dip the fish, then into a spicy cayenne flour mix. Pan sautee. Also, the other lemon half right in the pan which is squeezed over the fish.Finish, an orange and lemon hollandaise, using the leftover egg yolks. Also, added some hot sauce, dill, tarragon, and parsley. Poured over the rice, asparagus, and fish.

You can also make this with chicken as well.

Quote    Reply   

#193 [url]

Jun 30 15 10:56 PM

Greek grilled trout, stuffed with orange, onion, tarragon, parsley, Greek oregano, dill, s/p, and corriander.
Green with olives onion; and, an orange Greek vinaigrette
Leftover mashed spuds pan fried with mixed mushrooms and a little mushroom broth.

Quote    Reply   

#194 [url]

Jul 1 15 7:23 AM

threeovens the swordfish with Cucumber Green Mango Salsa looks and sounds delicious! Have not had swordfish since I was a teen but yours has me dreaming.image You are very right it has been way over fished, bad hubby but am very sure his heart was in the right place.image 

Oh Kim those sides look amazing could make a whole meal just from the Orzo and asparagus with that yummy sauce.image I see all you left us was bones LOL… the fish looks very nice having made a beautiful presentation. image

Quote    Reply   

#195 [url]

Jul 6 15 3:01 AM

Friday was so busy as I worked in the morning, came home got DH and we went to see Max (movie) came home made dinner of apricot chipotle marinated boneless pork chops, baked artichoke hearts and tomatoes topped with garlic, dill and Monterey Jack cheese.

Todays lunch was a recipe I found on pinterest which was cool and helathy but DH and I agreed it needed some Feta cheese.

Quote    Reply   

#197 [url]

Jul 6 15 6:35 PM

kchurchill5 wrote:
Greek grilled trout, stuffed with orange, onion, tarragon, parsley, Greek oregano, dill, s/p, and corriander.
Green with olives onion; and, an orange Greek vinaigrette
Leftover mashed spuds pan fried with mixed mushrooms and a little mushroom broth.

This looks very yummy and I love trouth! They are easy to prepared and I get them everywhere in the shops! 
During my last vacation in Peru I was surprised the the trouth looked like salmon, I mean pink but softer in smell! At home I searched in the internet and I fount they were rainbow trouths form Canada who are now growing in the Andes. Good for the people (lot of food) but a problem for the nature as they are so strong that they are a problem for endemic fishes!

Quote    Reply   

#199 [url]

Jul 6 15 8:45 PM

Bigger is better isn't it? Looks fantastic.
Who doesn't love a good BBQ chicken.

I still do NOT have my camera cord; so, I'm stuck. Just haven't had time; my local store didn't have one; how could they be out.
Anyways, haven't posted; but, haven't cooked much either. I will be back cooking.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help