#41 [url]

Jan 14 15 6:56 AM

Shapes, you always have the GO TO leftover menus. Me, I don't compare, lol. But, I try. The cheesburger ramen looks good. I'm trying to loose a few; and, healthy eating really sucks when I come here ... too many good looking dishes, lol.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jan 14 15 9:44 PM

Trying to eat a bit healthier; so no starch tonight.
Pepper and shrimp skewers. I did season the shrimp with a citrus no salt seasoning.
Tomato, zucchini, and onion baked casserole. A little cheese to finish it. Fruit was dessert.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jan 15 15 9:39 AM

Thx Deb; they were prettier on the skewer. Sorry. But, appreciate the compliment. Love your egg roll bowl. I could definitely get into that. Egg Rolls are one of my favorite things at a Chiese restaurant. I can make an entire dinner out of them easily.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jan 16 15 7:10 AM

Kim that soup looks like something I could really go for.

Was just reading about using white beans in place of cream in soups, I have used white potatoes in place of cream in soups so can see white beans working in much the same way. 

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 16 15 7:19 AM

Ok tonight’s dinner is not much to look at but you need to understand what a big step it really is for my DH. When DH and I got married he had never cooked ever (mother, sister, military, and friends all kept him fed) and that did not change after we got married as he had me. He was so bad so bad that after my first surgery (years ago) that he could not even boil water to make me a cup of tea. Well here we are ten years later and he can do minor things so while this meal looks very humble the fact that DH made it all by himself and without asking for help or asking any questions is a VERY big deal.    

P.S. guess you can teach old dogs new tricks.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jan 16 15 10:51 AM

Debbwl wrote:
Kim that soup looks like something I could really go for.

Was just reading about using white beans in place of cream in soups, I have used white potatoes in place of cream in soups so can see white beans working in much the same way. 

This has a little of each; and, they start to break down and add starch to the soup. I do add beer to mine; however, you can use all broth or even water. But, the beans and potatoes add enough starch for the whole pot; and, it makes a good 8 servings.

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Jan 16 15 11:05 AM

Hey kudos to him; and, just the fact that he made says something. My ex could grill; but, not cook much. But, one night for my birthday, he made me meatloaf, mashed and fresh beans; it was really delicious. I think his plate looks just perfect.

This was my fish tonight. First, I used http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/warm-cherry-or-grape-tomato-and-garlic-relish-11354, but rather than pan sauteed, I added everything to a small baking dish; and added the tilapia on top and baked. It was raining out; so, NO grill. Decided to use the oven. I also baked my stuffed zucchini. Black olives, artichokes, just a tablespoon of my seasoning blend (celery, onion, red and green pepper), stuffing mix, broth; and Feta. I served the fish over red spinach from my gardcen. I nice light dinner. Grapes were dessert

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Jan 16 15 11:11 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jan 16 15 11:13 AM

Deb, using potato flakes is also a nice way to add a creamy texture to soups without adding cream. I have also pureed cannellini or navy beans too and added them. They are great in soup. All adds creamy without adding cream.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 16 15 6:16 PM

Kim looks heavenly!!

Will have to keep in mind how you doctored you stuffing as it not something I would have thought of but looks and sounds good.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 16 15 8:17 PM

Thx Deb, I keep a canister of stove top stuffing in my pantry. It is basically seasoned bread; but, I love it because I can use just a spoon or two when I need it. I also keep a stuffing cube mix (pepridge farm); they come in handy for things like this. I add just enough to bind everything together. And, just being 1 person; it is very easy. I like it better than the Italian bread crumbs. Not as fine.

But, I just heat up my seasoning mix (celery, onion, peppers) in the micro for 1 minute, add the stuffing mix, broth; and anything else. Literally a nice stuffing in just a minute or two. Now, if I have extra from Thanksgiving ... that works too. Sometimes, I will make up a batch of stuffing and put them in small snack bags to freeze. Then, I can use them for stuffed chicken, flank steak, pork chops; or even fish. And, you can jazz up the basic recipe by adding seafood or other vegetables too.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jan 17 15 6:46 AM

Well this is the last of the tamales, might not be able to get more homemade ones till next year.

Looking at the photo guess I should have cut one open before taking the photo.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jan 18 15 8:18 PM

Enjoyed a nice big breakfast on Saturday. We had spicy baked butternut squash and a baked spinach egg, which had onion, garlic and a bit of parmesan cheese.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jan 19 15 4:52 AM

Stuffed some baby bells with turkey bacon, spinach, ricotta and parmesan and baked for 15 minutes, served them along with caramelized onion lentils.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jan 19 15 10:12 PM

Those are just too pretty Deb. Gorgeous color and plating. Looks like a fantastic or appetizer; either way.

Tonight, I had meatballs (basic recipe); but, added spinach and Greek seasoning; and a little of my tomato/red pepper sauce to them.
My sauce ... I used my roasted tomatoes and peppers I made this fall. I roasted a mix of all tomatoes and mild and hot peppers w/ olives oil, garlic, and herbs. I took the sauce, cooked with red wine and pureed.

My pepper, horrible pic. Green bell; stuffed with brown rice, Feta, artichokes, onions, red pepper, and olives. I also spooned some of the sauce over the pepper.

My plate looked perfect; but, I had a guest. My friend sat down before me; and took my white plate, perfectly set up, and started to eat before the pic.
Sorry, this is the best I got. The pepper held up really good in the first plate; and, tastes much better than it looks.

And, lots of leftovers in the freezer; all in small baggies.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help