#25 [url]

Jan 9 15 7:56 AM

Great pic; I love the background with the soup pic. Nicely done. Looks delicious. As you may know ... I'm a soup gal. So, soup anytime for me. It can be lunch of dinner for me. Love it.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jan 10 15 7:30 AM

Made a quick deli salad with a small romaine hart and some pickled veggies. The sandwich is a bit of leftover pork on a thin bun with mustard and pickles.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jan 11 15 7:17 PM

Debbwl wrote:
Kim a yam, chorizo, kale salad soulnds health and good to me.

We started the day with an egg baked in half an avocado and flacked by cumin crusted yams.

Dinner was cauliflower mashed potato, a steak grilled portabella mushroom (flavored with garlic) and topped off with thick onion gravy.

This is so ironic. I just put avocados on my grocery list yesterday because I wanted to try baking the eggs in them for my breakfasts this week. I saw it on Pinterest and am finally getting around to trying! It looks beautiful!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 11 15 7:20 PM

Debbwl wrote:
Thanks Kim I do try and stay fairly healthy.

Lucky you to get a nice turkey carcass from your neighbor, there is few things better than a really good homemade broth.

Your soup looks just perfect with all those colorful veggies and that nice fresh stock.

Today is my lunch date with the girls so I will not be cooking dinner. DH is eating some chicken tamales we had up in the freezer.

The below is http://thecreeksidecook.com/warm-quinoa-and-roasted-vegetable-salad/#axzz3NmCyqwKz that I made and put in six bowls for DH and I to take for our work lunches during the early part of the week, have not figured out what we will have later this week yet.

How did this work out for lunches, Deb?  I might put that on my grocery list for next week. I'm doing a veggie soup to take for lunches this week.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Jan 11 15 7:53 PM

Hi LG, it worked out really well. The recipe had a nice flavor, was filling without leaving me feeling stuffed and tasted best at room temp. DH said it needed a bit more dressing and he was right the dressing is just a drizzle. If you try it please let me know what you think.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jan 11 15 8:34 PM

Semi healthy fish tacos.
Pan seared w/a simple citrus seasoning. The slaw; a mix of cabbage, fennel, sweet onion, cucumber, lime, cilantro, and rice wine vinegar. The sauce; avocado, sour cream, jalapeno, cumin, and lime. I used corn tortillas; although, I would of preferred flour.

The beans w/jalapenos, onion, red/green pepper, cumin, garlic and tomatoes. Pan sauteed.image

The beans, I didn't get a good pic of, sorry.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jan 11 15 10:44 PM

Kim can so understand the steam on the beans lol. Love the first photo as it is fun and offers the suggestion of serving with beans. And that center close up all but had my DH licking the screen.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jan 12 15 11:48 AM

Photos 2 and 3 are really great. It looks delicious. The combo of butternut and spinach is so good. I would really love that.

Tonight, on the grill. Steak, spud, and salad. The steak was so so; not the best cut (strip), but, still really good. I prefer a fattier cut - lol. The spud; baked and restuffed with ricotta, broth, cheddar, scallions, and chives; a bit healthier 2x baked potato. A creamy Sweet onion dressing on the grilled romaine. Dressing made with buttermilk, yogurt, fresh and caramelized onions.

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Jan 12 15 11:54 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jan 13 15 6:57 AM

Thanks Kim, had real lighting issues as it was foggy and we live in an older home with poor lighting.

Love the full dinner plate with the colors, texture and the way all fits on the plate are just amazingly yummy looking. The close of the potato is very tempting as well.

Leftovers for DH and I Monday and Tuesday image

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jan 13 15 10:48 AM

Before and after dressing.
Tomatoes, egg, red onion, celery, cucumber, mixed greens, smoked chicken.
Sauteed bacon, with the drippings, cider vinegar, mustard, and, a pinch of sugar. Served warm.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help