#281 [url]

Mar 31 15 6:29 PM

I happen to love polenta or grits. I know lots of people don't. I remember the first time I had them in a very cheap diner, just quick cooking with a hard piece of butter on top. Those I don't like. But, cheesy creamy grits are delicious. Even if using quick cooking; I cook them longer than the package says. I use broth, cream, butter, and cheese. Sometimes some spices too. Not the healthiest ... But, they really can be a delicious side dish.

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#282 [url]

Apr 1 15 7:29 AM

You know a lot of people are funny you say cheesy grits and they go yuk, you say cheesy polent and they say yum LOL.

Very light dinner tonight. Leftover grilled chicken chopped with some avocado and cherry tomatoes and served in one over sized lettuce leaf. Topped with a little cheese and salsa, would have been neater and easier to eat if I had just tossed it all in a bowl and called it a taco salad lol.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#283 [url]

Apr 1 15 8:59 PM

Deb, A polenta will cost $10 at a restaurant, grits ... $4, lol. Yes, you are right.

Dinner looks great. I love lighter dinners like that. I always try to add some fruit with dinner, or as dessert.
Yep, add a couple of tortilla chips, and call it taco salad, lol.
Very nice pic, colorful and healthy. Avocado on my plate tonight as well.

Quote    Reply   

#284 [url]

Apr 2 15 7:22 AM

No photo tonight as I met with the first contractor of many in preparation of a kitchen remodel. The man today said that my kitchen will be down 30 to 45 days if I chose him image and that if we decide on him and and let him know by the 20th of this month that he can start about mid to end of May.

Quote    Reply   

#285 [url]

Apr 2 15 8:31 AM

Ouch ... that sucks; but, I bet it will be wonderful in the end. In my first house we remolded ... luckily in FL; we moved everything to our lanai and pretty much lived out their. Not easy to go through a reno; but, definitely worth it!

I expected to make my steak sandwich tonight; but, got hung up at a friends. Ended up with 2 fried eggs over toast with a 2 thin slices of ham. Grapes.
Nothing special, but tasty. It was 9pm, so ... good enough. Leftover steak tomorrow. All is good. I have to admit, I have been way off schedule all week too.

Quote    Reply   

#287 [url]

Apr 3 15 6:52 PM

Very cool, I will check it out!

Dinner - Steak sandwich and a creamy cucumber dill salad. Leftover cold Mexican steak, provolone, avocado, grilled onion; and, a spicy orange sraracha mayo. I was happy. Simple, but tasty.

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Apr 3 15 6:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#288 [url]

Apr 8 15 3:01 PM

Hi!  
I'm back home after Eater days in the house of my mother.
In her house for the Eater lunch I preapred:
Filet Mignon Medallions of Beef with Mushrooms and Dried Tomatoes (https://artandkitchen.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/filet-mignon-medallions-of-beef-with-mushrooms-and-dried-tomatoes/
I had fun shaping the bunnies in the background with almond paste

Quote    Reply   

#289 [url]

Apr 9 15 6:41 AM

Yum that beef with mushrooms and dried tomatoes looks amazing and those marzipan bunnies are too cute.

We have some new threads for everyday photos of food of any kind we have http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/1338/Ready-Set-Shoot#.VSW6zpOrFZE

For blogs we have http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/1340/Lets-Talk-Blogs#.VSW675OrFZE and yes you can post your own or others blog info there.

And last we now have the Learning Corner http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/1339/Photo-Forum-Learning-Corner#.VSW785OrFZE

Quote    Reply   

#290 [url]

Apr 20 15 10:23 PM

artandkitchen wrote:
Hi!  
I'm back home after Eater days in the house of my mother.
In her house for the Eater lunch I preapred:
Filet Mignon Medallions of Beef with Mushrooms and Dried Tomatoes (https://artandkitchen.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/filet-mignon-medallions-of-beef-with-mushrooms-and-dried-tomatoes/
I had fun shaping the bunnies in the background with almond paste

I want that sauce!
And the plate. Can't forget the plate.

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#291 [url]

Apr 23 15 12:25 AM

Love all the great pictures! mouth watering

Been busy in the kitchen today - made a nepalese pea, tomato and pea curry - was just about to put in the peas when I took this picture image

Made Cheese and chive scones today - we had professional gardeners here today cutting back the hedges  its a two day job as they are lowering the height as well- they were hungry and polished off quite a few for their morning tea.
image Post As: Title:

Been busy made my Nepalese curry today. and also some Cheese and chive scones

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help