#261 [url]

Mar 24 15 6:20 PM

Deb, it's funny ... you either have a pretty cold deli sandwich ... However, anything grilled or hot - should be dripping and oozing cheese! It's just the sandwich rule.

This was dinner the other night, and tonight was leftovers. I made one pan for my friend, and the this was mine. Meatless Monday ... Broccoli, mushroom, onion, and pepper quiche. Swiss cheese; but, parm on top. Crustless too. Served with mixed greens, and a delicious heirloom tomato sliced on top. Strawberries w/whipped cream for dipping - dessert!

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#263 [url]

Mar 25 15 7:21 PM

Thx Deb, I really prefer crustless. I used a blend of milk and half and half for a little richness; but, it had lots of veggies. Only 4 eggs for 6 pieces is really not too bad.

This was a nice dinner salad; I have to write this up as a recipe.

Mixed greens, avocado, white beans, cucumber, onion, tuna, and black olives. Dressing was lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, s/p. Very simple, but really tasty.

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

Mar 26 15 3:59 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
My plate looked better before I ate my dill pickle and a couple of bites out of my sandwich.
Classic reuben, ooey gooey, and messy. CB, kraut, swiss, thousand island, rye bread. I had chips and 2 types of homemade pickles - dill and butter chips. A cold beer or 2 was a must!image

That looks delightfully gooey!

Quote    Reply   

#267 [url]

Mar 26 15 8:00 AM

Oh Kim so wish I had your delicious looking salad for dinner tonight instead of the so so over cooked DH bought on the way to pick me up at the doctor’s office.

Yes I am fine after doctor was pretty sure after looking at and feeling the back of my knee that it was a Bakers cyst so he sent me for x-rays which confirmed his diagnoses of a Bakers cyst on the back side of my knee.  

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#268 [url]

Mar 27 15 4:12 AM

Chef shapeweaver wrote:
Hi Kim and Deb,image
The meals on this last page look simply wonderful.

BTW, Kim I LOVE the bite out of the sandwich.image

I agree! everything looks stunning and as for that sandwich

Quote    Reply   

#271 [url]

Mar 27 15 6:36 PM

Deb, glad you are ok. I have had a bakers cyst as well; they can be very painful. Luckily mine went away on it's own, as they often do. But, they are miserable.

Joyful, everyone who knows me ... knows I love shrimp. Great dish! And, thx the sandwich was good. Ooey and gooey and drippy! How it should be.
---------------------------------------

This was dinner last night. One of my favorite ways to prepare fish. http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sarasotas-blackened-fish-10621; served with creamy cheesy polenta/grits.
On the side, a salad w/oranges, strawberries, sweet onion, mixed greens; and, http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/easy-poppy-seed-salad-dressing-11450

Quote    Reply   

#272 [url]

Mar 28 15 12:43 AM

Ouch Debwl that sounds painful, is there anything that they can do for It?   Kim love your photos of that fish, looked at the recipe and wonder if a teaspoon of cayanne might blow my head off, going to give it a try anyway!  At the moment hae been able to buy kilo bags of large prawns/shrimps for about US $5 so thats really good, specially as they dont have the heads.

We are off to France for a shoppingh trip on the weekend  will take photos of some of the lovely cakes and pastries

Quote    Reply   

#273 [url]

Mar 28 15 2:24 AM

I need to clarify the recipe. The amount of seasoning makes about 5-6 teaspoons. I only use about 2 for the recipe. I always make extra to keep on hand. Sorry, I need to make that clear in the recipe. I will fix that; I thought I had made that clear.

But, it is spicy; but,not that hot!

Quote    Reply   

#274 [url]

Mar 28 15 6:12 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
I need to clarify the recipe. The amount of seasoning makes about 5-6 teaspoons. I only use about 2 for the recipe. I always make extra to keep on hand. Sorry, I need to make that clear in the recipe. I will fix that; I thought I had made that clear.

But, it is spicy; but,not that hot!

no Kim probably my fault I did not read anything but the ingredients, will go and check again tomorow

Quote    Reply   

#275 [url]

Mar 28 15 6:49 AM

Kim cannot say enough about the colors and textures in that first photo, just love them….

Joy the pain comes and goes and is not to awfully bad, doc said to do ice, advil and that if it gets worse he get me some physical therapy.

Oooo a weekend shopping trip in France sounds like a great time and most women’s dream weekend. Hope you have a great time and look forward to your photos image

Quote    Reply   

#276 [url]

Mar 28 15 12:05 PM

Deb, there is something called an OSMO patch. My friend just used it. It seems to work really well. Just put it on at night. She said PT aggravated it. Rest is what she was told and ICE, with anti inflamatory meds. It is a fluid build up. That's all I remember. The patch wasn't available when I had mine.

Quote    Reply   

#277 [url]

Mar 29 15 7:15 AM

Thank Kim for the info if it gets worse I will try that image

Made a sausage stuffed mushroom with some baby greens, was wishing I had thought to grab a tomato while at the store. image

Quote    Reply   

#279 [url]

Mar 30 15 9:06 PM

Deb, I love your mushrooms dishes; that first one is 'killer.' But, looks delicious; and, I love those carrots. I love a good stuffed portabello. The ladies I cook for enjoy them too. Also, beautiful colors as well.

I planned Jerk steak; but, wanted to use up my polenta - so, a Mexican rubbed pan sauteed steak - http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/basic-mexican-seasoning-14500. On the side the remainder of my polenta; and, pole beans w/chili oil.

Quote    Reply   

#280 [url]

Mar 31 15 6:54 AM

Kim that steak looks amazingly yummy and with some nice soft polenta to soak up those juices yummmm!

The cropped first photo really has me drooling.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help