#241 [url]

Mar 17 15 6:01 PM

You know, I think you can add a little heavy cream; and, still have a lighter pasta. There is NO heavy sauce - just a coating. I really prefer it that way. And, the same with cheese, just a light sprinkle.

I have really come to like that more. I like to use the tomatoes more as the sauce

But yes ... Italian is rockin'!

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#242 [url]

Mar 17 15 9:38 PM

duonyte sorry to hear that you rushed out to buy a new router only to find the other was working - that kind of thing happens to me hope that Mr. Grumpy's diabetes is a temporary problem

Love all the great photos and recipes. isnt it great when you can just take something out of the freezer - sometimes I feel guilty that its from the freezer then I have to remind myself that it was me that cooked and put it there in the first place! image

Quote    Reply   

#244 [url]

Mar 18 15 7:33 PM

Hey, I think more people should do freezer diving. You can take a precooked meal and recreate; or, take meat or leftovers and make something new.

I think being creative is the way to go.

Quote    Reply   

#246 [url]

Mar 19 15 6:57 AM

Oh I am so jealous as that looks so good.

DH was gone yesterday so I did not buy as we were having a St. Patty’s pot luck at work but at the last minute most decide to bring something other than what they signed up for. Thus no corned beef for me  image  

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#249 [url]

Mar 22 15 7:06 PM

Thanks Kim, took the pan photo because I was so worried that as nice as the pan looked the dish might just be a mess, but it did dish up nicely.
Like you new daffodil avater!

Quote    Reply   

#250 [url]

Mar 22 15 9:32 PM

Even in FL, I enjoy spring, lol. I have a pot growing which should bloom by Easter.

Your pan shot was great; but, the whole plate was good. Great healthy dish. I use artichokes often, love them.

Quote    Reply   

#252 [url]

Mar 23 15 4:19 AM

DEB, that is mag quality; beautiful stunning photo. Perfect mix of colors. Crisp and clean too. I would love to dig in to that. Crusty bread ... and dinner for me.

How, about some fresh poached crab of lobster on top? Just a thought.

Quote    Reply   

#255 [url]

Mar 23 15 8:59 PM

My plate looked better before I ate my dill pickle and a couple of bites out of my sandwich.
Classic reuben, ooey gooey, and messy. CB, kraut, swiss, thousand island, rye bread. I had chips and 2 types of homemade pickles - dill and butter chips. A cold beer or 2 was a must!image

Last Edited By: kchurchill5 Mar 24 15 6:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#256 [url]

Mar 24 15 1:20 AM

Main meals plus the meals from the leftovers.
And also a few things from my freezer stash.
Main Dish:
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/simple-crockpot-boston-pork-butt-6049

First Leftover Meal:Took some leftover pork and added it to a brown gravy and served over
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/southern-style-mashed-potatoes-10195

Second Leftover Meal:Then I took some of the pork and placed it between two layers of thinly sliced
potatoes, and covered with a cheese sauce.
Third Leftover Meal:
Took leftover mashed potatoes and turned them into
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mashed-potato-pancakes-4532 By gkwillow
And raided my freezer stash for
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/rice-a-roni-meatballs-gravy-17608
Took another freezer stash item,http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fast-easy-chili-17594
And used it as a topping for some fettuccine noodles. My SO called it Fettucchili. image

Quote    Reply   

#258 [url]

Mar 24 15 6:54 AM

Oh Kim you are killing with that Ruben sandwich which is one of my all-time favs.Your photo shows it is what my DD likes to call drip off the elbow good.

CS  you had me with the crockpot pork, looking all to yummy.

Quote    Reply   

#259 [url]

Mar 24 15 7:33 AM

Shapes, I mentioned before ... great use of leftovers and recipes you came up with. Really delicious. Love that pork too!! Fall apart tender!
Deb and Shapes, thanks ... it was elbow messy, gooey. It is supposed to be. Face it ... it just isn't a neat pretty sandwich.

Quote    Reply   

#260 [url]

Mar 24 15 8:48 AM

kchurchill5 wrote:
Shapes, I mentioned before ... great use of leftovers and recipes you came up with. Really delicious. Love that pork too!! Fall apart tender!
Deb and Shapes, thanks ... it was elbow messy, gooey. It is supposed to be. Face it ... it just isn't a neat pretty sandwich.

LOL my DD always said a good sandwich or burger should drip off his elbows and I know he would have loved yours with the dark rye bread and all that yummy filling.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help