Lead

Jan 1 15 9:59 PM

Tags : :

Happy New Year!

We would love to see what you had for dinner or cooked today, so before you take that bite take a quick shot.

We are not ready for a photo forum just yet but would love to see what you have made.

x_3f857df8 photo x_3f857df8_zps88a318c3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 1 15 10:10 PM

Looks delicious Deb; great photo. Nothing from me for the last few night. Will start tomorrow. Open house today; so, NO cooking. Happy 2015. I would love to dig into those greens!!

Kim ~ Eat, Live, and Love! 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 3 15 7:18 AM

Today we had a Kale salad made with green onions, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and a Honey Ginger dressing. The salad was paired with a Cauliflower Casserole that was made from mashed cauliflower flavored with oregano, basil, garlic, and pepper, used an egg white to help bind (should have used two) and just a tiny bit of chorizo, I topped it all off with about ¾ cup of pizza cheese and just a few more slices of chorizo and baked for about 20 minutes.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 3 15 7:17 PM

That looks so good. Love the cauli casserole; and, kale ... I'm a huge fan. Mine is ready to harvest. I may just have to make that.
I saw an interesting recipe that had small cooked potatoes with chorizo, tossed with raw kale. The warm potatoes and chorizo lightly warmed up and wilted the kale. It looked really good.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 4 15 7:25 AM

Kim a yam, chorizo, kale salad soulnds health and good to me.

We started the day with an egg baked in half an avocado and flacked by cumin crusted yams.

Dinner was cauliflower mashed potato, a steak grilled portabella mushroom (flavored with garlic) and topped off with thick onion gravy.

Last Edited By: Debbwl Jan 4 15 7:28 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 4 15 8:17 AM

You eat very healthy Deb. I try; but, not as good as you. I did top my baked spud last night with yogurt and chives vs sour cream, lol.

Since, my plans changed last night; tonight was just salad and soup. NO salad pic. Just the end of my iceberg from the garden; a few cherry tomatoes and end of my green goddess. Nothing spectacular.

This was turkey soup. My neighbor donated her carcass too. Made 2 huge pots 8 lg mason jars filled; and, I keep the noodles separate, so, they don't drink up all the juices. Four for them, 4 for me; plus a bowl for dinner.

Did have a dinner roll too.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 4 15 8:19 AM

I used the basic, corn, carrots, peas; but, also a soup blend, which had okra and tomato. The mix is really good. I also add potato, diced; then, the noodles. Works well for a nice taste.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 5 15 12:27 AM

Thanks Kim I do try and stay fairly healthy.

Lucky you to get a nice turkey carcass from your neighbor, there is few things better than a really good homemade broth.

Your soup looks just perfect with all those colorful veggies and that nice fresh stock.

Today is my lunch date with the girls so I will not be cooking dinner. DH is eating some chicken tamales we had up in the freezer.

The below is http://thecreeksidecook.com/warm-quinoa-and-roasted-vegetable-salad/#axzz3NmCyqwKz that I made and put in six bowls for DH and I to take for our work lunches during the early part of the week, have not figured out what we will have later this week yet.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 5 15 8:27 PM

Deb; that salad looks delicious. What great lunches. Again, very healthy.
And yep, my neighbors do NOT cook; so they were happy to get 4 jars of soup. But, their carcass also helped to make extra broth for me too. So, I was happy. They had meat on theirs and NO meat on mine. So; it worked out good.

Tamales sound wonderful; been a long time since I have them.

Me, this was my CLEAN OUT THE CRISPER night. A shrimp stir fry with - shrimp, peppers/onions, broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, herbs, broth, wine, and brandy wine tomatoes from the garden.  Served over rice; a small salad on the side.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 6 15 7:52 AM

Kim that shrimp looks wonderful and know it was yummy being stir fried with wine. Great photo!

The avocado egg is so easy and fast, really good with a little Sirach sauce ;)

The lunch salad was good :)

Not sure what I was expecting from tonight’s dinner but it was very disappointing although I ate every bite and not sure why unless it was the madness that was going on here this evening.   http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Parmesan-Chicken-with-Caesar-Roasted-Romaine-394709 I knew the recipes cook times were off because they allowed only 15 minutes for the chicken to cook, well I checked at 15 minutes and it was still raw in the middle so back in the oven it went. :(

Last Edited By: Debbwl Jan 6 15 7:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 6 15 11:10 PM

Deb, it still looks good. Recipes are so hard at times. I know pans, ovens, sizes; can all change cooking times; so, recipes are so difficult at times. But, like you said, you knew. I think anyone needs to just adapt. I love romaine grilled or baked; so good.

This was my smoking day; not the best pics, it was dark. Didn't get one of the chicken done. but, it looks like any roast chicken - but, it was smoked.
The chicken and extra 2 chops are in the freezer. Chicken, chopped up in baggies; and chops ready for another dinner. I'm thinking a BBQ pork sandwich; and fried rice. The chicken ... many dishes.

I had 1 chop for dinner; it is delish; grilled corn with garlic butter; and, cabbage in a foil pouch with butter, onions, and caraway seeds.  
Doesn't get much better.
imageimage

imageimage

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 7 15 7:16 AM

Kim you are so lucky to have a smoker, smoked meats are the best.

Your chop dinner looks fantastic!!

I made a stir fry using mushrooms, cabbage, green onions, carrots, and cashews seasoned with ginger, garlic, white wine, soy sauce and sesame oil. It was tasty but steamed the camera so badly that I could not get a photo, guess that is what we get for being over hungry and in a hurry lol.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 7 15 9:12 AM

Here are a few meals that I've made in the last few weeks.
Throw Together Chili
Just tossed together a couple of cans of different type beans. Tomato sauce
beef broth,& a few spices. The meats were ground pork,ground beef, and cube steaks.image

This was our New Year's Eve Dinner

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/slow-cookercrockpot-pork-chops-with-onion-sauce-16595 By Me

I had leftovers from the above and stuffed a baked potato w/ it.

I had an extra Baked Potato and used part of it make this for my breakfast this a.m..
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/potato-bacon-omelet-16603

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 8 15 12:31 AM

Shapes, you know from another group how much I like your pics. Do love that omelet as well. But, they all look amazing.
Deb, I know about steam. I had some on my pic tonight. I'm not very patient when it comes to taking pictures.

This was my experimental chicken and mushroom casserole. A basic bechemel w/sherry, parm, fontina, chicken, spaghetti, mushrooms, leeks, and onions. A bread crumb topping; and, I did add parsley at the end; but missed the pic on the plate.
Salad greens and pear tomatoes from  my garden. Also, a simple vinaigrette. There are some scallions in there too.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 8 15 12:34 AM

Deb, I have found, smoking is much easier to make than most think. It does take time; but, not difficult. I really like it now and then. Some of the big cuts can take a long time; but, chicken, hens, salmon, other fish, chops, even small briskets; don't take too long; and, well worth it.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help