#17962 [url]

Jun 18 17 12:05 AM

Cookgirl wrote:
I love sweet/salty. This was a winner! I'll have to make it again though. Hubby
ate what small amount was left and which was supposed to be photographed. He forgot. 

​Tagged June 10, due June 24

​Cookgirl tagged Mikekey'shttps://www.justapinch.com/recipes/32437889-e8e3-11e6-abd8-42010af0079d.html?r=3 (black olive and fig tapenade)

That's happened to me before too, but with my son instead of a husband.  I'll come right in from work and go to pull out my recipe to photograph only to find the empty plate in the sink. image

Quote    Reply   

#17964 [url]

Jun 18 17 6:36 AM

Hi gang!

I haven't had problems with security, but I have yuku bookmarked and never sign in or out.

I did go look for an answer to the security notices and found that yuku is currently under beta testing for a transition to new tapatalk.
"The past few months also pointed us to the need to overhaul Yuku The Yuku code was written about 15 years ago (way before the first iPhone) and has been patched numerous times. We are at the point the continual patching is creating too many issues, and it is time to give Yuku the modern code it deserves.We are going to expand the partnership with Tapatalk to help us get to the next stage of Yuku. As part of the partnership, we will soon begin a transition to a rebuilt code base.

As many of you already know, a few months ago Yuku started a partnership with Tapatalk. Mobile traffic now account for over 50% of the traffic viewing Yuku forums. Given Tapatalk's expertise in mobile, it was a natural step in the evolution of Yuku.

As you also are aware, we have had many issues that impacted the availability of the forums. Initially, we had issues as we moved to cloud based servers (Microsoft Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Just recently, availability was impacted by a Denial of Service attack (DDOS). Working with Microsoft and Amazon, we have the attack controlled, and moved behind additional protection."

Those of you seeing a security warning are more than likely dealing with this "extra protection."
You might add tapatalk to your accepted sites and see if this doesn't resolve the problem. Let me know if it doesn't help.

I've now been added to beta testing and I think you are going to love the new forums. Adding links and photos are much easier. The posting boxes have been streamlined as well. I haven't had long to play with it yet, but it appears to be an upgrade!

Quote    Reply   

#17966 [url]

Jun 18 17 7:21 AM

Susie D wrote:
Hi gang!

I haven't had problems with security, but I have yuku bookmarked and never sign in or out.

I did go look for an answer to the security notices and found that yuku is currently under beta testing for a transition to new tapatalk.
"The past few months also pointed us to the need to overhaul Yuku The Yuku code was written about 15 years ago (way before the first iPhone) and has been patched numerous times. We are at the point the continual patching is creating too many issues, and it is time to give Yuku the modern code it deserves.We are going to expand the partnership with Tapatalk to help us get to the next stage of Yuku. As part of the partnership, we will soon begin a transition to a rebuilt code base.

As many of you already know, a few months ago Yuku started a partnership with Tapatalk. Mobile traffic now account for over 50% of the traffic viewing Yuku forums. Given Tapatalk's expertise in mobile, it was a natural step in the evolution of Yuku.

As you also are aware, we have had many issues that impacted the availability of the forums. Initially, we had issues as we moved to cloud based servers (Microsoft Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Just recently, availability was impacted by a Denial of Service attack (DDOS). Working with Microsoft and Amazon, we have the attack controlled, and moved behind additional protection."

Those of you seeing a security warning are more than likely dealing with this "extra protection."
You might add tapatalk to your accepted sites and see if this doesn't resolve the problem. Let me know if it doesn't help.

I've now been added to beta testing and I think you are going to love the new forums. Adding links and photos are much easier. The posting boxes have been streamlined as well. I haven't had long to play with it yet, but it appears to be an upgrade!

​Thanks so much for the update Susie.  

Quote    Reply   

#17967 [url]

Jun 18 17 5:31 PM

ForeverMama wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Annacia wrote:
How come are we now getting notification that this site is not secure? image

Tonight I've well enjoyed:

6/10/17 Mikekey's https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauce-spread/salsa/strawberry-avocado-salsa.html?r=3

Hi Annacia,

​I haven't seen or received anything stating that, but I'll have someone check it out.

A couple of questions:

how do you pull up the site?

did your anti-virus software notify you?

I have had an issue through my work computer.  I noticed that my google page looked different and I was getting error messages.  After the IT service group looked at it, they found that it came through yuku.  As the IT fellow asked me "what is yuku". He said that I was getting a page who was pretending to be google.  It wasn't a virus, but a way to get into your info.  I didn't ask any further questions because Yuku is un-work related.  Oops.     

Thanks for the update, Susie. I wonder if that answer applies to what ForeverMama posted? My Google Chrome did something strange a week or so ago (may have been around the same time I came back to this site actually) and I got some kind of warning. Since I have been able to use Google Chrome and haven't gotten any more warnings, I didn't look into it any further. However, my Google Chrome page still looks different (e.g. it's all white across the very top, except for the tabs) and still looks different than it did before that notice I got a week or so ago). I'm wondering if I should be worried in terms of what the IT guy said to FM - "It wasn't a virus, but a way to get into your info.".  Could you ask about that, too, please?   I just got back to this site. I'm not giving it up now! image

Quote    Reply   

#17968 [url]

Jun 19 17 12:09 AM

LifeIsGood,
I have reported the problem to yuku. It is the weekend though so I don't expect to hear anything today. Also, I will be away from home the next few days and unavailable. I don't want you to think we are unconcerned.

Quote    Reply   

#17971 [url]

Jun 19 17 5:55 AM

Hi Guys. That no security on sign in notice was either a mistake or they were lagging in keeping the security certificate up to date.....or, it could have been something else.  It didn't show today. smiley: happy

Stock Photos

Last Edited By: Annacia Jun 19 17 6:08 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#17973 [url]

Hi Everyone,

​I've been attempting to update, but I'm getting a really slow response from the site and it keeps timing out on me.  I'll try to get the updates done asap -- just don't want to lose any data.  

Thanks for your patience. image

Quote    Reply   

#17975 [url]

Nancys Pantry wrote:
Hi Everyone,

​I've been attempting to update, but I'm getting a really slow response from the site and it keeps timing out on me.  I'll try to get the updates done asap -- just don't want to lose any data.  

Thanks for your patience. image

All done. : )

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#17978 [url]

(Interesting, after reading about the changes, updates, etc, YUKU made me actually log in this time. We'll see what happens... it's always different for those of us with Macs! Thanks for letting us know, Susie)

Reporting a yummy completion: forevermama's http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/red-bell-peppers-stuffed-with-sausage-rice-cheese-21760  It's still being moderated, but I didn't want to forget to report here!image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help