#17761 [url]

May 28 17 10:49 PM

Wishing Everyone a wonderful Memorial Day -- make lots of memories with family and friends and don't forget the FOOD!!! LOL

​I'll be really busy tomorrow -- I'm planning a big dinner for the Grandkids and their friends.  I'm making a bbq brisket, baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, and bbq green beans.  Brittney will be helping me bake chocolate chip cookies and we'll have some watermelon too.  Can't get any more American than that.

​Stay safe and have a great day!

Please share your holiday meal plans with us.  We love to get great ideas from Everyone and then there's the drool factor. : )

Quote    Reply   

#17762 [url]

May 28 17 11:46 PM

The gochujang will definitely work with the ribs. I think of it as the Korean
version of American sweet/spicy BBQ sauce although you would use far less of it. I don't remember
the brand I purchased but it was a very good quality one I found at our local natural food store. 

Here's another recipe you might like:

https://www.marketofchoice.com/?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=311&Itemid=179

photo waltographregular_zps2e2655c9.png

Quote    Reply   

#17763 [url]

May 29 17 1:47 AM

We are doing chicken wings with carrots and celery cut up, grilled bacon cheeseburgers, baked beans, broccoli slaw, grilled corn, bratwurst with sauteed onions and bell peppers, roasted red potatoes, pound cake with cut up strawberries and whipped cream or ice cream (diner's choice).  We start eating today and continue throughout the day Monday!  My dogs are in heaven from the smell.  I have made them little popsicles out of yogurt and meat baby food that they particularly like on a hot day.

Quote    Reply   

#17764 [url]

May 29 17 2:19 AM

breezermom wrote:
We are doing chicken wings with carrots and celery cut up, grilled bacon cheeseburgers, baked beans, broccoli slaw, grilled corn, bratwurst with sauteed onions and bell peppers, roasted red potatoes, pound cake with cut up strawberries and whipped cream or ice cream (diner's choice).  We start eating today and continue throughout the day Monday!  My dogs are in heaven from the smell.  I have made them little popsicles out of yogurt and meat baby food that they particularly like on a hot day.

Hi Lynette,

​Your menu sounds wonderful -- I would have to have some of everything. : )  I was going to make a trifle, but my Grandson said watermelon would do instead.  Hope I have enough energy to make the cookies tomorrow -- might have to let Brittney and Grandpa bake them.  You'll have to let us know how the puppy popsicles turn out.  I have some potatoes to use up and I brought them with me -- might have to make a potato dish too.  

​Oops!  Just remembered that I need to put the dry rub on my brisket.  I cheat and use my big electric roaster -- just add some water to the bottom, place the marinated brisket on the rack and slow roast it all day.  It comes out really tender and moist.  

Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry May 29 17 2:24 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#17768 [url]

May 29 17 8:00 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

breezermom wrote:

Hi Lynette,

​Your menu sounds wonderful -- I would have to have some of everything. : )  I was going to make a trifle, but my Grandson said watermelon would do instead.  Hope I have enough energy to make the cookies tomorrow -- might have to let Brittney and Grandpa bake them.  You'll have to let us know how the puppy popsicles turn out.  I have some potatoes to use up and I brought them with me -- might have to make a potato dish too.  

​Oops!  Just remembered that I need to put the dry rub on my brisket.  I cheat and use my big electric roaster -- just add some water to the bottom, place the marinated brisket on the rack and slow roast it all day.  It comes out really tender and moist.  

Nancy.....those puppy popsicles have been on the menu for years, so I know they turn out well.  I tagged them way back when on F**D.com and we've been making them ever since.  Usually I just put them in ice trays, but sometimes stick a rawhide chew in there so they have something after they finish their cold treats.  I'm afraid I spoil my dogs excessively!

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#17770 [url]

May 29 17 12:13 PM

lazyme wrote:

Maito wrote:
Tagging Annacia https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/frozen-banana-bites.html?r=32

Anna, if you see this, can you post a link to photo 2? I think because it is private it won't let me navigate to that page.

I can go back and forth between the photos. I wonder why you can't. image

Thanks for checking for me. I don't know why either. I can't click into the pictures at all. Do you mind trying to paste the photo page link when on pic 2? I wanted to see the one with the coconut and/or peanuts.

Maito

Quote    Reply   

#17771 [url]

May 29 17 12:21 PM

Maito wrote:

lazyme wrote:

Maito wrote:
Tagging Annacia https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/frozen-banana-bites.html?r=32

Anna, if you see this, can you post a link to photo 2? I think because it is private it won't let me navigate to that page.

Thanks for checking for me. I don't know why either. I can't click into the pictures at all. Do you mind trying to paste the photo page link when on pic 2? I wanted to see the one with the coconut and/or peanuts.

Maito here is the link https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/frozen-banana-bites.html?r=32 as you can see I didn,t have any problem. 

Pat

Quote    Reply   

#17772 [url]

May 29 17 1:01 PM

ImPat wrote:

Maito wrote:

lazyme wrote:

Maito wrote:

Maito here is the link https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/frozen-banana-bites.html?r=32 as you can see I didn,t have any problem. 

Pat

Thanks Pat, it is the same link. But maybe the photos don't have a different url.

Maito

Quote    Reply   

#17773 [url]

May 29 17 2:22 PM

Maito wrote:

ImPat wrote:

Maito wrote:

lazyme wrote:

Maito wrote:

Pat

Thanks Pat, it is the same link. But maybe the photos don't have a different url.

That is weird for when I copies the url it was showing the pic of the ones with the nuts and sprinkles but when you access the link it goes back to the chocolate one but I just clicked on the photo and it took me to another page which had both and I clicked on the nuts and sprinkles one and it came up.

Pat

Last Edited By: ImPat May 29 17 2:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17774 [url]

May 29 17 10:48 PM

breezermom wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

breezermom wrote:

Hi Lynette,

Nancy.....those puppy popsicles have been on the menu for years, so I know they turn out well.  I tagged them way back when on F**D.com and we've been making them ever since.  Usually I just put them in ice trays, but sometimes stick a rawhide chew in there so they have something after they finish their cold treats.  I'm afraid I spoil my dogs excessively!

I'm a "spoiler" too! : )

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help