Quote    Reply   

#17745 [url]

May 25 17 8:52 PM

Awesome photos Everyone -- this page has had me drooling from post to post.

​**I'll have my update done a little late today as I'm packing and off to see the Grandkids. : )

Quote    Reply   

#17747 [url]

May 26 17 12:35 PM

Nancys Pantry wrote:
Not sure if I asked this ? previously LOL

​But, have any of you cooked with "gochujang"?  I have a recipe for ribs that uses this Korean chili paste.  The one I purchased is "medium-hot" so I'm curious just how "hot" it really is????

imageimage
I recently discovered this line of sauces at HEB.  I purchased several varieties, but so far have only tried the Unchained one.  It's pretty spicy, but we didn't find it too hot. To us it wasn't as hot as harissa, but around schiracha level. Other than that I have zero experience with it.  

Quote    Reply   

#17751 [url]

May 27 17 7:26 AM

Good Morning,

Pg 1 is current to here.

The following players have extra credits for recipes dropping off 5/24:

​Teresa (8)
Forevermama (8)
lazyme (3)

The following players have extra credits for recipes dropping off 5/25:

lazyme (4)
ImPat (4)

No recipes dropped off on 5/26

​***I'll have the completed recipes for these days added later today, but for now page 1 is current for tagging. : )    Thanks for your patience.

Last Edited By: FYC Game Host May 27 17 8:38 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#17758 [url]

May 28 17 10:07 PM

Susie D wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

​But, have any of you cooked with "gochujang"?  I have a recipe for ribs that uses this Korean chili paste.  The one I purchased is "medium-hot" so I'm curious just how "hot" it really is????

imageimage
I recently discovered this line of sauces at HEB.  I purchased several varieties, but so far have only tried the Unchained one.  It's pretty spicy, but we didn't find it too hot. To us it wasn't as hot as harissa, but around schiracha level. Other than that I have zero experience with it.  

I adore Korean gochujang! 

photo waltographregular_zps2e2655c9.png

Quote    Reply   

#17759 [url]

May 28 17 10:10 PM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

​My new tagine is here and I'm really excited to use it.  But, it will have to wait as I'm off tomorrow to keep the Grandkids for a week while DD is in Cancun. It's their last week of school and since two of them are teenagers -- it's my only hope of seeing them since they now have such active lives. LOL   I'll be taking my laptop and will still be around. : )

Yes! Love it!

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/other-appetizer/grilled-corn-on-the-cob-with-gochujang.html?r=1
https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-other-side-dish/super-easy-korean-style-black-beans.html?r=2

We like a little bit of it as a garnish for rice bowls or for tacos. It's good on eggs, too! The brand of gochujang we
buy doesn't give a "heat index". It's spicy and sweet. I'm noticing it more and more in stores and featured on restaurant
menus. 

photo waltographregular_zps2e2655c9.png

Last Edited By: Cookgirl May 28 17 10:13 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17760 [url]

May 28 17 10:38 PM

Cookgirl wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

​My new tagine is here and I'm really excited to use it.  But, it will have to wait as I'm off tomorrow to keep the Grandkids for a week while DD is in Cancun. It's their last week of school and since two of them are teenagers -- it's my only hope of seeing them since they now have such active lives. LOL   I'll be taking my laptop and will still be around. : )

Yes! Love it!

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/other-appetizer/grilled-corn-on-the-cob-with-gochujang.html?r=1
https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-other-side-dish/super-easy-korean-style-black-beans.html?r=2

We like a little bit of it as a garnish for rice bowls or for tacos. It's good on eggs, too! The brand of gochujang we
buy doesn't give a "heat index". It's spicy and sweet. I'm noticing it more and more in stores and featured on restaurant
menus. 

​Thanks soooo much CG : )   The brand I purchased on Amazon came highly recommended and most reviewers stated that it had a better taste than any brand they had tried.  It came in a 2-pack, but since I'm not home right now-- the brand name escapes me (as does a lot of things). LOL

​Thanks also for the recipes -- I'll be making some Korean ribs so these would go nicely. : )

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help