#421 [url]

Aug 7 16 10:44 AM

I'm leaving early in the morning for my trip to California, so I wanted to get my last completions in.

For the Festival Rum Bahamas Challenge, I made Mojito Marinade by Lavender Lynn.

http://www.food.com/recipe/mojito-marinade-502885

I used it to marinate shrimp.

For Thailand/Indonesia, I made Thai Marinated Steak by diner524

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/thai-marinated-steak-24456

Lucy, I saw that you updated everything but wanted to let you know I did report my completion of the recipe for the Indonesian Spice Challange.  You can mark it as complete.

Quote    Reply   

#424 [url]

Aug 7 16 7:57 PM

Today the quest guides have a special treat for you.... Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure

After pickup from your hotel, meet your expert guide for an orientation to your SUB ― a personal self-propelled submarine. Learn basic maneuvers that allow you to pilot the SUB on your own, simple operating instructions and communication gestures.

Climb into your vessel and cruise to one of Nassau's nearby reefs. The SUB will propel you to a depth of 15 feet (4.5 meters,) a great vantage point for checking out the reef and the schools of colorful tropical fish.

Motoring along at a quick 2 knots, the guides will accompany you to ensure your safety and point out the highlights of the reef's sights. They'll also feed the fish so you can get up close and personal with them.

image  image

Quote    Reply   

#425 [url]

Aug 7 16 9:02 PM

Baby Kato wrote:
Today the quest guides have a special treat for you.... Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure

After pickup from your hotel, meet your expert guide for an orientation to your SUB ― a personal self-propelled submarine. Learn basic maneuvers that allow you to pilot the SUB on your own, simple operating instructions and communication gestures.

Climb into your vessel and cruise to one of Nassau's nearby reefs. The SUB will propel you to a depth of 15 feet (4.5 meters,) a great vantage point for checking out the reef and the schools of colorful tropical fish.

Motoring along at a quick 2 knots, the guides will accompany you to ensure your safety and point out the highlights of the reef's sights. They'll also feed the fish so you can get up close and personal with them.

image  image

Wow!  That does look like a treat.  It must be beautiful down there.  Please take photos because this claustrophobic is going to have to pass. image

Quote    Reply   

#426 [url]

Aug 8 16 12:22 AM

FYI: image

Anyone making Mikekey's or anyone elses recipes at ...allrecipes... will need to join the site to leave a review . 

When posting completions of these recipes you will need to provide the link to your profile page ... along with the recipe link, so that we may follow you.... that will give us the ability to see your reviews....

Thank you for your help in this matter. image

Quote    Reply   

#428 [url]

Aug 8 16 1:20 AM

threeovens wrote:

Diner524 wrote:

threeovens wrote:

Diner524 wrote:
Lucy how do you want to work the slide show challenge? I am open to doing whatever is needed.

I'll have to read it again, then we can decide what photos we want to include.  I am working on my pirate challenge.  It was lots of fun.

Love your pirate challenge post, great job!!  To me, one of us searches for the photos and one makes the slide show, does that work?

Sure.  Now which do you prefer to do?  I think a slideshow can be made in Photobucket, but I can't access that from work.

Why don't I take on the slide show part since you can't get on it at work and you get the photos?  But I am open to doing either one!! image

Quote    Reply   

#429 [url]

Aug 8 16 3:40 AM

Baby KatoFYI: 
 Anyone making Mikekey's recipes or anyone else's over at  ..allrecipes... will need to join the site to leave a review . 

When posting completions of these recipes you will need to provide us with the link to your personal profile page ... along with the recipe link, so that we may follow you.... that will give us the ability to see your reviews....

Thank you for your help in this matter. image

I don't know if anyone else was having trouble reviewing recipes in allrecipes, but here is the workaround.

Quote    Reply   

#430 [url]

Aug 8 16 4:53 AM

Just posted this in the dance challenge thread:

The Sanghyang Dance:There are 6 kinds of sanghyang dance widely known by the people: Sangyang Dedari, Sanghyang Deling, Sanghyang Jaran, Sanghyang Bojog, Sanghyang Celeng and Sanghyang Grobogan.  The Sanghyang dance is included in trance dance genre.   The sanghyang dances are considered sacred ritual dances that should be performed only in Hindu Balinese religious events, never merely to entertain tourists.  This dance is believed to have the power to invite the gods or sacred spirits to enter the body of the dancers and put them in a state of trance. It dates back to the ancient Pre-Hindu culture, a time when the Balinese people strongly believed, that by the help of Holy Spirit through a medium of dancer, sickness and disease could be eliminated. This dance is usually performed in the fifth or sixth month of the Balinese traditional calendar, as it is believed that during these particular months, the Balinese are vulnerable to all kinds of illnesses, or in the time of plague, failed crops or disaster.

The Sanghyang dance is usually performed by two young girls, on the verge of pre-puberty (usually 8-10 years of age) who gradually go into a state of trance as women sing in chorus and incense is wafted about them. Supposedly entered by the spirit of the nymph Supraba, the girls rise and dance, often acrobatically, though they have been chosen from among girls untrained in dance. 

The girls rock back and forth in a trance until they fall, and the women remove their white skirts, replace them with gilt one, place holy head-dresses with fresh frangipani flowers decorations on their heads and gently lift them to the men’s shoulders. Then the Sanghyangs are carried to another temple or tour the village to ward the pestilence. The Sanghyangs stand and dance a kind of legong style with their eyes closed as if they were in a dream on the shoulder of the carriers.
 Though their eyes are shut, their movements are in perfect unison. The temperamental Sanghyangs may suddenly decide that the dance is over. Then they must be taken out of trance with more songs and offerings. They distribute the flower from their head-dresses as amulets and sprinkle the crowd with holy water. The ceremony last for two or three hours.

For your viewing pleasure, here is a link to a video of part of an actual dance:

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#432 [url]

Aug 8 16 7:28 AM

Diner524 wrote:

threeovens wrote:

Diner524 wrote:

threeovens wrote:

Diner524 wrote:
Lucy how do you want to work the slide show challenge? I am open to doing whatever is needed.

I'll have to read it again, then we can decide what photos we want to include.  I am working on my pirate challenge.  It was lots of fun.

Love your pirate challenge post, great job!!  To me, one of us searches for the photos and one makes the slide show, does that work?

Sure.  Now which do you prefer to do?  I think a slideshow can be made in Photobucket, but I can't access that from work.

Why don't I take on the slide show part since you can't get on it at work and you get the photos?  But I am open to doing either one!! image

Okay.  I would still need to figure out how to do a slideshow and perhaps I am taking on too much.  I'll get some photos ready.  You're the best.

Quote    Reply   

#435 [url]

Aug 8 16 9:24 AM

ForeverMama wrote:
Hi,

Reviews are in for the following recipes:

Thai:
PanNan's: http://www.food.com/recipe/thai-cucumber-and-pineapple-salad-503445. It's Amazing!

Bahamas:
Both were also really good!
diner524: http://www.food.com/recipe/breeze-wood-grilled-chicken-bahama-breeze-374042
lazyme: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread/sweet-bread/deluxe-mango-bread.html

Well done!  Like you've been playing this game all of your life.  I found your reviews posted, you posted in the Welcome threads, and in the team thread.  That's more than I could accomplish last round!

Quote    Reply   

#437 [url]

Aug 8 16 10:05 AM

threeovens wrote:

ForeverMama wrote:
Hi,

Reviews are in for the following recipes:

Thai:
PanNan's: http://www.food.com/recipe/thai-cucumber-and-pineapple-salad-503445. It's Amazing!

Bahamas:
Both were also really good!
diner524: http://www.food.com/recipe/breeze-wood-grilled-chicken-bahama-breeze-374042
lazyme: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread/sweet-bread/deluxe-mango-bread.html

Well done!  Like you've been playing this game all of your life.  I found your reviews posted, you posted in the Welcome threads, and in the team thread.  That's more than I could accomplish last round!

Thx. threeovens!  I wanted to post pics here but between photobucket freezing along with justapinch (which always stalls and freezes up..), I gave up.  

Quote    Reply   

#440 [url]

Aug 8 16 11:40 PM

threeovens wrote:

ForeverMama wrote:
Hi,

Just made twisis: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/spicy-mango-frozen-margaritas-24380 for the Fruit Challenge. It's awaiting approval for review and pic. Enjoyed it fully at 1:00 PM on Sunday. I think it's the earliest I've had a cocktail. Bahamas is changing me...... Left a post on the Bahamas thread as well: http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/topic/1702?page=2#.V5453LgrJdg

Sorry, not leaving pic here as I haven't figured how to do that yet on yuku.

I'll check that you did it right but here are instructions for posting pictures.

You know how to post so when you see this screen click on the picture icon:

Then cut and paste the picture url from off the recipe.  I usually right click and save the picture's address, then I put it on  a text file so that it is easy to cut and paste.  But do it however your computer works:

Hit the OK button and you will get your picture:

Before you post make sure you type whatever you wanted to say.  The correct way to post a completion:

Region
url of first recipe
url of second recipe, etc.

picture
picture, etc.

You also need to post our team's banner.  I've put it in my forum signature, but you can manually post it with your completions.

Let me know if these instructions are not clear and the team will try to explain it better.  Otherwise, I can show you a "cheat" for posting the banner, but it won't let you show off your photos to the rest of us!

Hi Threeovens.  I never did thank you for putting together these instructions for me.  I truly appreciate it! I wanted to post pics last night, but as you know due to the computer stalling with a couple of sites  I gave up.   Is posting the banner much of the same instructions?  

ForeverMama 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help