#1046 [url]

Aug 31 15 6:38 PM

imageLady Bird Johnson

Notably well-educated for a woman of her era, she proved a capable manager and a shrewd investor. Her goal of a career in media was deferred when a friend in Austin introduced her to Lyndon Baines Johnson, a young up-and-coming political hopeful working as an aide to Congressman Richard Kleberg. Lady Bird recalled having felt "like a moth drawn to a flame".
On their first date, which was breakfast the next morning at the Driskill Hotel and a long drive in the country, Johnson proposed. Lady Bird did not want to rush into marriage, but Lyndon Johnson was persistent and did not want to wait. Lady Bird accepted his proposal 10 weeks later. The couple married on November 17, 1934. 

When Lyndon decided to run for Congress from Austin's 10th district, Lady Bird provided the money to launch his campaign. She took $10,000 of her inheritance from her mother's estate to help start his political career.  Next, she bought a radio station and then a TV station, which soon made them millionaires. As First Lady, she broke new ground by interacting directly with Congress, employing her own press secretary, and making a solo electioneering tour.

As First Lady, Johnson started a capital beautification project to improve physical conditions in Washington, D.C., for both residents and tourists by planting millions of flowers. Her beliefs regarding the importance of national beautification can best be summarized in her statement that "where flowers bloom, so does hope." 

Johnson was a lifelong advocate for beautifying the nation's cities and highways  and the Highway Beautification Act was informally known as Lady Bird's Bill. She was a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal, the highest US civilian honors.

"One of America's great First Ladies, she claimed her own place in the hearts and history of the American people. In councils of power or in homes of the poor, she made government human with her unique compassion and her grace, warmth and wisdom. Her leadership transformed the American landscape and preserved its natural beauty as a national treasure."
Gerald Ford ............Congressional Medal of Honor ceremony

On December 22, 1982 (her 70th birthday), she and actress Helen Hayes founded the National Wildflower Research Center west of Austin, Texas, as a nonprofit organization devoted to preserving and reintroducing native plants in planned landscapes. In 1994, the center opened a new facility southwest of Austin on La Crosse Avenue. It was officially renamed the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. 

Texas Wildflowers are now a tourist attraction in there own right and we owe much to Lady Bird Johnson. 

Quote    Reply   

#1047 [url]

Aug 31 15 7:59 PM

Our pinterest scap book is growing!!!!!

I'd like to be able to add the recipes we each submitted for the quest as well, if they have photos attached. If you would like you recipes to be included, message me here and I can add you as a contributor. Once you are a contributor, adding recipes or not, this board will sit on your pinterest page so you can look at it in the years to come (just like a scrap book of vacation memories! )
https://www.pinterest.com/suelau1/when-minions-munch/

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#1048 [url]

Aug 31 15 8:07 PM

Thank you so much for creating and maintaining our Pinterest scrapbook, Sue!! I love looking through all of the dishes we've made. The photographs are stunning, too!

Quote    Reply   

#1049 [url]

Aug 31 15 9:50 PM

Bayhill wrote:
Thank you so much for creating and maintaining our Pinterest scrapbook, Sue!! I love looking through all of the dishes we've made. The photographs are stunning, too!

Do you want to be added as contributor so you can put in the recipes you submitted
for the CQ?

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#1052 [url]

Sep 1 15 12:26 AM

Sue Lau wrote:

Bayhill wrote:

Do you want to be added as contributor so you can put in the recipes you submitted
for the CQ?

I'd love to!!

Quote    Reply   

#1057 [url]

Sep 1 15 7:13 PM

Mikekey wrote:
Updated. Please remember to put the chef's name in your posts. Thanks.

I don't do that because I don't know if the name on the recipe page is the nick used here. I think names should be attached on the "Welcome to" pages, but I guess it was a lot of work. Maybe a list to reference could have been posted?

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   

#1058 [url]

Sep 1 15 8:00 PM

Sue Lau wrote:

Mikekey wrote:

I don't do that because I don't know if the name on the recipe page is the nick used here. I think names should be attached on the "Welcome to" pages, but I guess it was a lot of work. Maybe a list to reference could have been posted?

You should still include the chef's name, Sue.  If your don't know what chef name a player uses in this group, then list whatever name is on the recipe you've reviewed. 

For sites like JAP (where members list their real name and a chef name), then you can list either name, because we know what names most of our players are known by on most sites.

We could try to keep a master list of everyone's names, but I imagine it would easily get confusing.  Some of our players change their chef names occasionally.  And for our players who are members of multiple sites and have different names for very site and blog they join, it could be a daunting task trying to keep that list updated.

Quote    Reply   

#1060 [url]

Sep 2 15 2:42 AM

Vickie wrote:

Sue Lau wrote:

Mikekey wrote:

You should still include the chef's name, Sue.  If your don't know what chef name a player uses in this group, then list whatever name is on the recipe you've reviewed. 

For sites like JAP (where members list their real name and a chef name), then you can list either name, because we know what names most of our players are known by on most sites.

We could try to keep a master list of everyone's names, but I imagine it would easily get confusing.  Some of our players change their chef names occasionally.  And for our players who are members of multiple sites and have different names for very site and blog they join, it could be a daunting task trying to keep that list updated.

I'm sorry if I don't see the point in adding this info. Everyone knows what the recipe is by the url and title. 
If it were that important, I should think the name would be on the recipes list with the url and title.
I could say I would add the name if someone puts it on the recipe list. Being that if if it is important for me to do, it is important for the guides to do so as well.
But I still don't see the point, so no.
I guess I am not posting any more completions then, because complaining about the players this way just isn't right.
What's good for the goose as they say....
TTFN

Visit my blog:

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help