#721 [url]

Aug 18 15 7:55 PM

lol Linky, I understand completely!!   I was just chatting to my youngest daughter,  she is a therapist and their spa was broken into last night and burgled, AND the thieves left a tap running full blast and flooded the spa plus the shop below them.  She is in a bit of a state, saying the owners say someone is going to get fired for this!!!     I said, were you the one who locked up? No.  Were you the one responsible for setting the alarm?  No.  So, what are you going to fired for?

Shame   my poor little one

Quote    Reply   

#722 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:11 PM

Karen E wrote:
Two more for Canada, will take them over there now :

so we already have to choose our Regional?    Bother.   I think I will nominate these meatballs :  and then I think, brown flour -- could that be an SI -----   surely not.  i dont know

before I go to Canada, any thoughts?

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/ragout-de-boulettes-canadian-meatballs-13285 by dienia b  ( no photo   )

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/canadian-hot-chicken-sandwiches-canada-20114   by dienia b

No, you know what?  The soup, make the soup --- oh hang on, I havent reported the soup yet, LOL!!    okay, i've made soup, that will be my required recipe, I'm pretty sure its relatively SI-less, compared to others I've made --- it was just convenient last night, it was late, I was tired, i had everything I needed

Quote    Reply   

#723 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:18 PM

Ok, a little confused. On the first round I didn't say whether a recipe was required or not. Not that I made many recipes. We've never had to do that in advance before. Ok. Just whining. I've only made 3 recipes so far, so it won't be hard for me to figure out.

Quote    Reply   

#724 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:20 PM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

Linky wrote:
Whoops - my bad! I must have reported Irish Porridge with Strawberries and Cream as being for Quebec, but it is actually for Ireland. I will check the Welcome to Ireland thread to make sure I posted it there!

BK and NP - I'm paranoid - if you're referring to a specific person not posting in both places and it's me - tell me, please! My feelings will not be hurt!   Thanks!

Hi Linky,

BK wasn't referring to anyone specifically -- it was just a reminder that all players need to be sure that there are two posts for every completed recipe.  Failure to post in both the team thread and the appropriate Welcome or Challenge thread can result in loss of points for that recipe.  Players also need to be sure that their completions are reported in the correct thread as well.

I think BK posted this comment in all of the team threads.  : )

Hi linky, Nancy is 100% correct... I posted this in all the team threads... it wasn't intended for anyone person... but for everyone. You are good. image

Quote    Reply   

#727 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:56 PM

Karen E wrote:

Karen E wrote:
Two more for Canada, will take them over there now :

so we already have to choose our Regional?    Bother.   I think I will nominate these meatballs :  and then I think, brown flour -- could that be an SI -----   surely not.  i dont know

before I go to Canada, any thoughts?

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/ragout-de-boulettes-canadian-meatballs-13285 by dienia b  ( no photo   )

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/canadian-hot-chicken-sandwiches-canada-20114   by dienia b

No, you know what?  The soup, make the soup --- oh hang on, I havent reported the soup yet, LOL!!    okay, i've made soup, that will be my required recipe, I'm pretty sure its relatively SI-less, compared to others I've made --- it was just convenient last night, it was late, I was tired, i had everything I needed

Sorry, Karen -- I responded to the wrong post -- meant to answer Charmie's ?.

Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry Aug 18 15 9:01 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#728 [url]

Aug 18 15 8:59 PM

charmie777 wrote:
Ok, a little confused. On the first round I didn't say whether a recipe was required or not. Not that I made many recipes. We've never had to do that in advance before. Ok. Just whining. I've only made 3 recipes so far, so it won't be hard for me to figure out.

The request re: required vs. extra is for BK's tracking purposes re: Quebec. 

The final decision re:  the placement of required vs. extra will be made when Lucy prepares the scorecard.  Hope that helps. : )

Quote    Reply   

#730 [url]

Aug 18 15 9:50 PM

Nancys Pantry wrote:

charmie777 wrote:

The final decision re:  the placement of required vs. extra will be made when Lucy prepares the scorecard.  Hope that helps. : )

Does that mean we should choose one of our completions as our "required" for BK right now, and then, later, with Lucie's input, we can switch our "required" for an "extra"?

Quote    Reply   

#731 [url]

Aug 18 15 11:40 PM

Linky wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:

charmie777 wrote:

Does that mean we should choose one of our completions as our "required" for BK right now, and then, later, with Lucie's input, we can switch our "required" for an "extra"?

Yes, that is correct.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain this well enough.  BK is tracking completions in her welcome thread and she must have a section marked "required" and "extra".  Posting a recipe completion as being "required" or "extra" in the Welcome to Canada thread does not lock the team into categorizing your recipe that way when it comes to page 1 or the scorecard.  It's just for her tracking system only.

When Lucy posts your completed recipe on pg. 1 she has the option to place it in the required section or the extra -- she has the same option when it comes time to preparing the scorecard.

Thanks,

Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry Aug 19 15 12:06 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#732 [url]

Aug 19 15 12:50 AM

Hi Cherry Bombers

Nancy is absolutely correct.

I'm sorry for having caused some confusion.  It certainly was not my intention.  It was a reminder that I posted in all the team threads,  that recipes need to be reported in the team thread, the Country Welcome thread and also in the appropriate Quebec challenge threads. 

I never meant to imply that you had to report your required regional recipe immediately.  It does have to be chosen by the end of the round, my thinking was that I didn't want any teams to lose points if a recipe was missed.  You certainly can change your regional required recipe at any time you like.

Last Edited By: Baby Kato Aug 19 15 12:55 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#733 [url]

Aug 19 15 1:01 AM

Baby Kato wrote:
Hi Cherry Bombers

I'm sorry for having caused some confusion.  It certainly was not my purpose.  It was a reminder that I posted in all the team threads,  that recipes need to be reported in the team thread, the Country Welcome thread and also in the appropriate Quebec challenge threads. 

I never meant to imply that you had to report your required regional recipe immediately.  It does have to be choosen by the end of the round, my thinking was that I didn't want any teams to lose points if a recipe was missed.  You certainly can change your regional required recipe at any time you like.

Thank you Nancy and BK for clarifying that. I think it confused us all. Now the only thing that I am confused about is that BK is calling us Cherry Bombers! LMAO. image Hugs to all the Bulbs! Now, back to your regularly scheduled cooking... image

Quote    Reply   

#734 [url]

Aug 19 15 1:48 AM

Baby Kato wrote:
Hi Cherry Bombers

I'm sorry for having caused some confusion.  It certainly was not my intention.  It was a reminder that I posted in all the team threads,  that recipes need to be reported in the team thread, the Country Welcome thread and also in the appropriate Quebec challenge threads. 

I never meant to imply that you had to report your required regional recipe immediately.  It does have to be chosen by the end of the round, my thinking was that I didn't want any teams to lose points if a recipe was missed.  You certainly can change your regional required recipe at any time you like.

I'm glad that is all explained and settled.  I was wondering what this new detail was.  I always wait for the scorecard to decide which is required and which is possibly a Team 15. 

Quote    Reply   

#736 [url]

Aug 19 15 2:33 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:
Now that the LBOBs have been enlightened - Shine On!    image

You're doing a great job Team! : )

Ooh, Nancy... How did you make that blinking bulb? I l-o-v-e that! image

Quote    Reply   

#737 [url]

Aug 19 15 2:40 AM

Sorry everyone, but i have written to Susie to say that I just cant keep playing - I dont have the time to follow up to 30 emails a day - here or on facebook, I really thought i was joining a fun cookery quest and it was nothing like that at all - hugs Joy

Quote    Reply   

#738 [url]

Aug 19 15 3:21 AM

Okay, here's my A Day of Traditional French Cooking Challenge:
I completed lazyme's http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/pate-au-saumon-potato-salmon-pie.html

A Day of Traditional French Cooking: Pâté au Saumon

Alors je vais vous raconter l'histoire de la pâté au saumon.

Wait. I have to get my languages straight. Do you have an idea how confusing it is to mess around with three languages??

Why that?

Because I had the misfortune to choose the one recipe from the list which evidently has no written history in any other language than French.

Yep.

So this is what I found on wikipedia about the famous pâté au saumon:

Le pâté au saumon semble être une variante de la tourtière et est peut-être inspiré de la version irlandaise du plat. Celui-ci, qui porte le nom de salmon pie en anglais et dans ses versions les plus populaires en Irlande, prend cependant une forme similaire au pâté au poulet, où des morceaux distincts de saumon sont cuits, dans la tarte, en une sauce ressemblant à la sauce suprême et dans la base de laquelle d'autres ingrédients ont préalablement été mijotés. Le pâté au saumon irlandais prend aussi une forme similaire à celle du pâté chinois ou du cottage pie, où le saumon est à la base de l'assemblage, comme pour le cottage pie ou de la casserole, comme pour le pâté chinois ; d'autres ingrédients ou préparations peuvent faire partie de la base et être superposées mais l'assemblage principal se termine par l'application depommes de terre en purée.

En sa version québécoise, le pâté consiste en une préparation de saumon cuit mélangé à des pommes de terres en purée, qui, elles-mêmes, peuvent comporter d'autres ingrédients, tel des œufs, du persil, du poivre, des oignons, etc. qui entreraient habituellement dans la préparation habituelle des pommes de terre, telles qu'elles le sont par la maisonnée. Le mélange est ensuite placé entre deux abaisses de pâte à tarte et est ensuite préparé à la manière des autres tartes et pâtés.

Quoiqu'en sa version élémentaire, le pâté au saumon québécois n'est peu d'autre que du saumon cuit mélangé à des pommes de terres en purée et placé en croûte, il est possible d'imaginer que des variantes incorporant du zeste de citron, de l'aneth ou d'autres aromates existent et que certaines personnes ont développé une recette particulière de purée de pommes de terre afin de moduler la texture du produit final.

Bon, je vais le traduire:

The pâté au saumon seems to be a variation of the tourtière and might be inspired by the Irish version of this dish. That one is called "salmon pie" in English, and its most popular versions in Ireland are similar to chicken pie, with a filling of distinct pieces of salmon in a Suprême sauce, made from a base in which other ingredients may have been cooked beforehand. The Irish salmon pie also may appear in the form of a cottage pie, with the salmon as the base; other ingredients or preparations may be part of the base and layered atop, but the final topping consists of mashed potatoes.

The québécoise version of the pie consists of cooked salmon mixed with mashed potatoes, sometimes with the addition of other ingredients like eggs, parsley, pepper, onions etc. which usually can be found to be added to mashed potatoes. The mixture is placed in a pie shell and then prepared like other pies of the same kind.

Even though in its basic preparation, the québécoise version of the salmon pie is barely more than a mixture of cooked salmon and mashed potatoes baked in a pie shell, it's well imaginable that there are variations which include lemon zest, dill weed or other spices, and that people have developed particular recipes for the mashed potatoes to improve the texture of the final product.

Quote    Reply   

#740 [url]

Aug 19 15 3:27 AM

rosie316 wrote:

Baby Kato wrote:
Hi Cherry Bombers

I'm sorry for having caused some confusion.  It certainly was not my purpose.  It was a reminder that I posted in all the team threads,  that recipes need to be reported in the team thread, the Country Welcome thread and also in the appropriate Quebec challenge threads. 

I never meant to imply that you had to report your required regional recipe immediately.  It does have to be choosen by the end of the round, my thinking was that I didn't want any teams to lose points if a recipe was missed.  You certainly can change your regional required recipe at any time you like.

Thank you Nancy and BK for clarifying that. I think it confused us all. Now the only thing that I am confused about is that BK is calling us Cherry Bombers! LMAO. image Hugs to all the Bulbs! Now, back to your regularly scheduled cooking... image

I'm just a little frazzled today Rosie...I apologize ladies... LBOB's not Cherry Bombers.... image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help