#501 [url]

Aug 10 15 9:54 AM

threeovens wrote:
I'm having a hard time choosing which Swiss recipe to use as Mia's required. Hers all have good possibilities for SI. Input?

Well, her croissants one is the only one we have with chocolate - good SI
Veal  has sage, white wine, cream - all good si   

The one I guess I'd pick is the fig, lentil and gruyere salad b/c I think many of the more unusual ingredients in that recipe don't seem to scream "Switzerland!" 

But, hey, what do I know. 

It's 10 - I'm turning into a pumpkin. Good niiiiiii....

x_3f8ef896 photo x_3f8ef896_zps98be3951.gif

Quote    Reply   

#502 [url]

Aug 10 15 11:18 AM

Geez, Louise... I'm cleaning the back porch (where my comuter is plugged in), and accidently unpluged it. I had to figure out that I had to re-set my "Time and Date" to log back on (my battery is not connected). 
It's only 11:15 p.m. here and I am in cleaning mode. I've been scoping out the approved recicpes, as well. image

Quote    Reply   

#503 [url]

Aug 10 15 12:52 PM

threeovens wrote:
I think we could sponsor some African refugees that have wound up in Switzerland. Unless you guys want to go shopping and ski!

Yes, I like that idea! No shopping and ski for me either LOL

Quote    Reply   

#504 [url]

Aug 10 15 7:07 PM

I think Rosie's on to something. I usually do my giving in these general catagories.

1 part for people in need 
1 part for animals in need
1 part for the environment 

and then we'd also do - 1 part to treat us and our friends on all the teams

Charity Navigator is a good source to see which charities use their money wisely. 

But yeah, let's split it up somehow. We're so rich!!!

I'll be watching on my phone using my data minutes  for the next few day - that should limit my blabbing!!!

Quote    Reply   

#505 [url]

Aug 10 15 7:15 PM

Good Morning Team,

Just want to clarify in a little more depth that it is acceptable to use FB for team discussion re:  possible SIs, points, strategy, which recipes to choose for team 15 -- anything related to the scorecard and determining how to maximize your points.  I mentioned it in my post yesterday, but I thought I would re-emphasize it and further clarify my point.   Also, while the sub-forum can be used to set up a space to write up challenge responses (a new resource for the teams this year), you do not have to utilize this resource.  For instance, the Swiss Banking challenge distribution of your money can be discussed and written up elsewhere.  Just remember to post the completion here.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Last Edited By: Nancys Pantry Aug 10 15 7:49 PM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#506 [url]

Aug 10 15 8:13 PM

Linky wrote:
I think Rosie's on to something. I usually do my giving in these general catagories.

1 part for people in need 
1 part for animals in need
1 part for the environment 

and then we'd also do - 1 part to treat us and our friends on all the teams

Charity Navigator is a good source to see which charities use their money wisely. 

But yeah, let's split it up somehow. We're so rich!!!

I'll be watching on my phone using my data minutes  for the next few day - that should limit my blabbing!!!

I agree with Rosie and you! This would be a great way to spend our fortune image

Quote    Reply   

#511 [url]

Aug 11 15 12:56 AM

threeovens wrote:

Mia in Germany wrote:
Here are three links to organizations for refugee help, animal protection and environmental protection:
https://www.fluechtlingshilfe.ch/
http://www.vier-pfoten.ch/de/
http://www.umwelteinsatz.ch/home/

Lets go with this.  $37,000 to each of these organizations.  And the remaining $3000+ for a Quest Wrap-up Party for all the teams.

Sounds like a great plan!

Quote    Reply   

#513 [url]

Aug 11 15 2:37 AM

Round 2 doesn't officially begin until August 13th. So please do not make any recipes or report them until then. Also, be sure to double-check that they made the final cut on the Welcome thread. There are a lot rules, right? But they've been worked on and worked out for many years and are needed. By all means look over the recipes that are being submitted and submit any that you have posted.

Recipe collection for Round 2 is still being conducted until August 12th. Do not wait for the last minute to get yours approved!

Quote    Reply   

#514 [url]

Aug 11 15 2:39 AM

rosie316 wrote:

Nancys Pantry wrote:
Good Morning Team,

Just want to clarify in a little more depth that it is acceptable to use FB for team discussion re:  possible SIs, points, strategy, which recipes to choose for team 15 -- anything related to the scorecard and determining how to maximize your points.  I mentioned it in my post yesterday, but I thought I would re-emphasize it and further clarify my point.   Also, while the sub-forum can be used to set up a space to write up challenge responses (a new resource for the teams this year), you do not have to utilize this resource.  For instance, the Swiss Banking challenge distribution of your money can be discussed and written up elsewhere.  Just remember to post the completion here.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Let's copy and then delete ALL our previous posts regarding our spending of our money and SI's, and put them in FB. Like Nancy mentioned... it would be better to have this disscussion in our FB page. I am deleteing mine right now. image

Rosie,

Please ask the team to disregard your post above and to allow your Team Captain to direct the team re: discussion of this challenge and any other team activity.

Thanks,

Quote    Reply   

#516 [url]

Aug 11 15 8:01 AM

Hey! Calling all pumpkins! I filled in page 1. Look it over, but be aware that it was hard to narrow down the SI, so many of the recipes I was going for lotto. Such as number of steps in a recipe.

Quote    Reply   

#517 [url]

Aug 11 15 8:16 AM

Nancys Pantry wrote:
We are still collecting Canadian and Irish recipes -- the deadlne is 8/12, but we would appreciate getting them sooner than later.

Thanks a bunch. : )

Forgot to add that the deadline for recipe submissions on 8/12 is 7:00 p.m. CT 

Quote    Reply   

#518 [url]

Aug 11 15 8:52 AM

Ladies I have been trying to fiqure out what we have going on so far and seeing where I can help.

1.Collecting recipes for Ireland and Canada-Quebec, French until the 12th.
Think I have a couple more recipes to submit for each region by the deadline.

2.I am able to do the Asian Express 1 Challenge if a third player has not been found yet.

3. For the Express 2 Challenge would the charity have to be a dedicated Switzerland
charity or one like Doctors Without Borders?

4. Lucie I can make sure I am here to help with the scorecard on the 12th if you need me.

Ok gals let me know if I am missing anything!

Last Edited By: Lauralie51 Aug 11 15 8:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#519 [url]

Aug 11 15 11:20 AM

Lucy or Lori...........

Hopefully I can catch one of you before the deadline tonight.

I think you misunderstood how the Gift Shop works.......

You get the 5 gifts IN ADDITION to your Team 15s.  So right now........you need 4 more recipes on your Swiss Team 15 and 1 more recipe on your Japan Team 15.

If you see this.......please add the missing recipes in your workspace before the deadline!

My fingers and toes are crossed that you guys see this!!!image

Last Edited By: lazyme Aug 11 15 11:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help