#21 [url]

Aug 1 15 10:17 PM

Thank you for everyone who has signed up for this challenge.  I'm so glad you've chosen to take part.

I've listed all your tag choices above.  Let me know if I miss you. 


Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 2 15 10:12 AM

Cookgirl wrote:
I have completed the Switzerland Cheese Challenge for Team Mesmerizing Muffins:

http://reciperetrospective.blogspot.com/2015/07/appenzeller-cheese-spread.html by Sue L. Two thumbs up!
image


That looks delicious, Cookgirl.  I just bought a bunch of crackers on a whim, and maybe that's just the spread to go with them.  Thanks for posting your completion, and thanks for participating in this cooking challenge.


Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 2 15 7:39 PM

Thank you! It was quick and easy to make. Quicker because I skipped
the part when you add the cheese to the food processor. I forgot
to mention that in my review. What really made this recipe a winner
for me was sauteeing the shallots in butter. It gave the dip a real
depth of flavor!

 photo waltographregular_zps2e2655c9.png

Last Edited By: Cookgirl Aug 2 15 7:42 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Aug 4 15 9:16 PM

Bayhill wrote:
image

For Munching Minions, I have made and reviewed the following for the "Switzerland Cheese Challenge":
http://reciperetrospective.blogspot.com/2015/07/swiss-open-faced-tomato-melt.html by Sue Lau

image


Lovely photo, Bayhill.  That sure has been a popular choice for this region.  And it does look delicious.  I'm going to have to give that recipe a try.

Thanks for participating in the challenge!


Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 5 15 8:22 AM

For the Cheese Challenge, sheepdoc prepared Lavender Lynn's Baked Alpine Noodles and Cheese   http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-alpine-noodles-and-cheese-456848

Macaroni and cheese - elbows and cheddar - is a family favorite so I chose this recipe as a way to experience another culture's take on something that has become an American classic. I chose Emmentaler cheese primarily for its similarity to traditional Swiss cheese sandwich slices as I was feeding people who aren't very cheese adventurous. The mild, nutty flavor complimented the onions well and it was strong enough to hold its own with all those noodles. 

image


image

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 5 15 8:23 AM

I have happily completed this cheese challenge for the Toased Tourists! I have made:http://www.food.com/recipe/swiss-eggs-522889 by akatz.

I chose this recipe to make for my son this morning for breakfast. While he is home, I am trying to teach him easy recipes that he can cook himself when he moved back to NYC. This recipe is perfect for a protein-filled breakfast. The gruyere cheese was a perfect complement to the baked eggs. I just love melted gruyere!

Thank you for a fun challenge!

image

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 5 15 9:41 AM

sheepdoc wrote:
For the Cheese Challenge, sheepdoc prepared Lavender Lynn's Baked Alpine Noodles and Cheese   http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-alpine-noodles-and-cheese-456848

Macaroni and cheese - elbows and cheddar - is a family favorite so I chose this recipe as a way to experience another culture's take on something that has become an American classic. I chose Emmentaler cheese primarily for its similarity to traditional Swiss cheese sandwich slices as I was feeding people who aren't very cheese adventurous. The mild, nutty flavor complimented the onions well and it was strong enough to hold its own with all those noodles. 

image


image


That sounds like a spectacular choice for this challenge, sheepdoc.  I hope you enjoyed participating in this challenge.  Thank you.


Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 5 15 9:45 AM

LifeIsGood wrote:
I have happily completed this cheese challenge for the Toased Tourists! I have made:http://www.food.com/recipe/swiss-eggs-522889 by akatz.

I chose this recipe to make for my son this morning for breakfast. While he is home, I am trying to teach him easy recipes that he can cook himself when he moved back to NYC. This recipe is perfect for a protein-filled breakfast. The gruyere cheese was a perfect complement to the baked eggs. I just love melted gruyere!

Thank you for a fun challenge!


What a great way to teach your son basic cooking skills, LifeIsGood.  Thanks for taking part in the challenge.  I hope you enjoyed it.


Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 5 15 11:04 PM

Good morning Vickie

I have completed this Cheese challenge for the Gift Shop.

I couldn't wait to participate in this challenge, we  both love cheese and were not disappointed. 

I used a nice smoked gruyere cheese in this lovely recipe, we enjoyed it very much. I chose this recipe for my picky husband, I knew that he would enjoy this... what's not to like, mashed potatoes with green onions and melted gruyere cheese, in a tomato shell, mmmm. The sugar was a nice addition, giving just a little hint of sweetness. It was the perfect accompaniment for the chicken dish I served with it. I will be making this again.

Baby Kato - tomatoes-fribourg-style-tomates-fribourgeoises by Lazyme

image


 

image

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 5 15 11:13 PM

Baby Kato wrote:
Good morning Vickie

I have completed this Cheese challenge for the Gift Shop.

I couldn't wait to participate in this challenge, we  both love cheese and were not disappointed. 

I used a nice smoked gruyere cheese in this lovely recipe, we enjoyed it very much. I chose this recipe for my picky husband, I knew that he would enjoy this... what's not to like, mashed potatoes with green onions and melted gruyere cheese, in a tomato shell, mmmm. The sugar was a nice addition, giving just a little hint of sweetness. It was the perfect accompaniment for the chicken dish I served with it. I will be making this again.

Baby Kato - tomatoes-fribourg-style-tomates-fribourgeoises by Lazyme

image


 


Oh, wow.  That looks really good, BK.  I have got to try that recipe.

Thanks for taking part in the challenge.  I hope you enjoyed it.


Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help